Selective Creation: Pick the Essential 25 Xbox 360 Games!

• Back again with another creation, and this time, it's Microsoft's turn! Nintendo and Sony were fun, especially the latter, but now its time to give the green brand their fair shake. As always here are the rules for creating the list:

Here's the breakdown: You've been given the power to green-light 25 games, but here's the catch: these 25 games will be the ONLY games that the system will ever have. What should be the games that make the cut? By giving 25 select titles (Thus the name of this new game. If you don't like it, please change it. I'm not good at naming things), you are essentially playing an inverse of Kill Your Babies.

You can only give one title per game, then you can give one for every five people that have added after you OR 24 hours have passed since the last addition, so think really hard about which game should be on the list. It could be your favorite game, or if your favorite is already present, then you can another you hold dear. If you hate Xbox games, then get to trolling if that makes you happy (Personal side note, why hate? Brand loyalty is one thing but don't hate on the other because everyone has fantastic titles. They're all video games after all).

Also, to keep things a bit diverse, I'm instituting a TWO per franchise cap, so if two games of a particular franchise are on the list, a third CAN NOT be added. Finally, if there is any disagreement about what is on this list, please address AFTER the list has been compiled, and IF you have made a compelling enough case that is accepted by MOST who have played, MAYBE what was originally left off might still have a chance to make it. If so, the community will then kick off the ONE game they feel as not deserving on being present. Again, give serious consideration about what game to put on with a compelling reason to avoid it being removed. Don't just say it sucks or that it's the greatest game you've ever played. Explain why.

Once you have given a game, please keep a running list going for the benefit of the next person that would like to play. Because I'm pitching the game, I will refrain from adding a game because it would be unfair for me to skew the list in my favor.

And so EZA community, what are the 25 games the Xbox 360 MUST have?

FINAL NOTE: I debated back and forth about collections and trilogy packages like Mass Effect and have decided against them. That would essentially inflate the list so the hard two limit is extra enforced in this generation.

Have fun!

• Red Dead Redemption

The game is a masterpiece and it and Bioshock were the two reasons I owned a 360 for a while. I don't know of any other open world besides The Witcher 3 that captures so purely the essence of what open world should be. It's arguably one of the best in game horse riding mechanics ever, and the storytelling and soundtrack are both top notch. This game also made me paranoid of mountain lions to this very day.

The 360 version was the superior console version, performance-wise.

1. Red Dead Redemption
    2. Lost Odyssey

It was my favorite JRPG till Xenoblade Chronicles came out in europe and it's still on 2nd place.

• You have got to abridge the rules section for these.

1. Red Dead Redemption
    2. Lost Odyssey
    3. Halo 2

I really like Halo 2. It had a solid scifi premise and tempered the gruff Chief with both Cortona and his contrasting Arbiter.

• @Haru17 First, I thought about it, but in the end, I have come to really ascribe to Mr. Bosman's rationale whenever he conducts the podcast by asking, "What is that/that mean?" or when the other Allies pitch their Patreon page and this website: There is/could be at least ONE new viewer, in some capacity. Second, thank you very much for your continued feedback! I appreciate how you also want to improve the quality of my little efforts. Third, I'm going to have to disqualify Halo 2 as it is not a 360 game, but the original Xbox, so please include a new entry.

I was hoping to see Microsoft specific franchises, but the first couple of entries on the list have made it clear that the possibility exists that there could be a LOT of multi-platform on here (Hmmm... this gives me an idea...). Oh well. If that is the case, then I guess that's the way it will be. Hoping to see a lot XBLA and 360 exclusives, though.

• This post is deleted!

1. Red Dead Redemption
    2. Lost Odyssey
    3. Halo 3

One of my all time favorite games, glad I got to nominate it!

• @Haru17
    I beg your pardon?

• @Musou-Tensei I didn't say anything to you...?

1. Red Dead Redemption
    2. Lost Odyssey
    3. Halo 3
    4. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

A terribly title, a pretty great game. I like the mid-late game most of all. The final twist is frustrating, trite, and overrated if you ask me.

• @Haru17 You quoted me (probably for my list only) so I thought "You have got to abridge the rules section for these.", was meant for for me.

Also why is it a terrible title? I think it's spot on.

• @Musou-Tensei Oh, I didn't know deleted quotes sent notifications. Huh.

And the bad title is obvious. "Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons:" It had two lines—not even two sentence—a square six words and it still managed to be entirely redundant. Hell, even "Brothers: Odyssey Odyssia Dissidia" would have been a better title.

• Brothers: A tale of two sons who share the same biological parents.

• Red Dead Redemption
    Lost Odyssey
    Halo 3
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
    Forza motorsport 2

I Feel it has the most impact on the series. Being a early bundle game, so lots of people picked it up and played. Lots of innovating mechanics, top notch customization options, and amazing graphics for the time.

• Red Dead Redemption
    Lost Odyssey
    Halo 3
    Forza motorsport 2
    Dragon Age: Origins

This to me is The Bioware RPG of the last generation, ME2 which is by far the best of the trilogy imo is very far away from being as compeling and interesting as DA was for me.

• Red Dead Redemption
    Lost Odyssey
    Halo 3
    Forza motorsport 2
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Bioshock

When I moved out to Seattle for college, I had three other roomies, all of us gamers since we were attempting to get a degree in the field. At the time, the most "advanced" console in the house was my PS2. One day, I come home and sitting in the living room was an Xbox 360. I had heard so many good things about Bioshock, I purchased it the next day and it was literally the first game I played with the new generation. I felt bad taking over my roommate's console for the following days but I was absolutely enthralled with everything Rapture had to offer. Even though it will inevitably be killed in the Kill Your Babies version of this, it will always define this particular console generation for me.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us."

• 1 Red Dead Redemption
    2 Lost Odyssey
    3 Halo 3
    4 Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
    5 Forza motorsport 2
    6 Dragon Age: Origins
    7 Bioshock

8 Fez

I know this is going to get axed, but Fez is IMO, a nearly perfect chill, atmospheric game, that rewards paying attention, exploration, diving into the meta, and researching lore outside the game in "the community" that sprung up around it during the peak of it's zeitgeist. This game thoroughly blew my mind as I realized how the world is set up, how the mechanics were delivered, and how the map works (and it does work). I know there's a lot of backlash to this game, I get it (kind of). But when I sat down to play this game, it actually expanded my capacity for spacial thought and problem solving and that's worth a spot on the list as far as I'm concerned.

• @SabotageTheTruth I'm from Seattle. You go to Digipen?

• @TokyoSlim Yep, Fez is a wonderful experience. I think the game also gets a lot of backlash because of what an asshat Phil Fish is. Also kinda funny how Marcus Beer (formerly of GameTrailers) had made a comment that basically made Phil "quit" the industry. Great designer though, I'll give him that much. And nope, I only lived in Seattle for about 6 months. I was attending DeVry when I was up there. I wouldn't recommend that school to anyone, haha.

• I dropped out too, all the cool kids are doin it.

Knew some peeps that went to DigiPen though, and they seemed to like it.

• 1 Red Dead Redemption
    2 Lost Odyssey
    3 Halo 3
    4 Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
    5 Forza motorsport 2
    6 Dragon Age: Origins
    7 Bioshock
    8 Fez
    9 Mass Effect 2

The best of the mass effect games and one of my top games from the last generation. Improved on so much from the previous ME and executed very well. Here's to hoping EA will get an ME collection out before ME Andromeda