Anime Openings

• I only really came here to post Durarara!! and Baccano!'s openings but I've been beaten to the punch on them. Excellent OPs, those.

Some other great ones though are TTGL's and Yu Yu Hakusho's (English version just due to nostalgia honestly.) A much more recent example that comes to mind is Osomatsu-san.

And just because they don't really get enough recognition I'll also mention a few anime ending themes that are really good. Polar Bear Cafe has a lot of amazing ones, though I can't find the actual videos for them on youtube. While you can look up the songs the video just adds so much more with how they're all done. If you've seen Osomatsu-san (animated by the same company I believe) you'll know what I mean. Another great one is Daily Lives of Highschool Boys because it's just so stupidly funny.

• @DeweyDTruman I totally forgot about TTGL, it has a great opening and such a beautiful story. Definitely one of my favorite.

• SPOILERS HERE!!!!

This is one that I remember the most just because... well, it hits so many emotions. Naruto is definitely a series that has had many ups and downs, but at least this exists.

Youtube Video

• Here are some of my recent favorites

Disclosure: These are not youtube links. They just open the video in your browser.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
    Kiznaiver
    Space Patrol Luluco
    Tanaka-kun is always listless
    Sakamoto desu-ga

• @PrinceofTheUniverse Sakamoto is amazing! Same with Tanaka.

• I really hate anime openings for the first 5 episodes of a new series, because they are always riddled with spoilers. I don't want to know every character that's gonna appear in the first 10 episodes. Openings that I actually liked were
    Baccano, because it didn't really spoil anything and it felt more like the actual introduction to the characters
    the first opening of attack on Titan was great because it captured the vibes of the anime perfectly.
    soul eaters first opening is great because the animation just wows you everytime you watch it
    the best opening is still no opening. The only inherently good thing about them is that they're always 1:30 long and therefor easy to skip.

• I hate myself a little bit for this one, but The Idolmaster's opening is really quite good.

Also the first that always come to mind for me are always

Evangelion

The latin american version of Digimon

and

Latin American DBZ

This last one basically defined generations of Latin american kids.

I could probably come up with others I prefer, but these ones are the first that I always think about.

• I've been rewatching Gad Guard lately, and the OP for that is really rad. Originally caught episodes here and there on satellite tv years and years ago. Trying to finally watch through the series in order and see every episode now. The whole series is on Youtube thanks to Funimation being generous.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGcjPnulSEE
    I could name a million of these, so maybe I'll drop chunks at a time? Sorry if you've seen me mention some of these elsewhere on the forums before.
    Tenpou Ibun Ayakashi Ayashi OP 2
    One of my favorite OPs of all time for an underrated show.
    Seto no Hanayome
    Extremely playful opening for the best goofy comedy anime I've ever watched.
    Kino no Tabi
    A girl goes on a philosophical journey through dangerous lands with strange customs on a talking motorcycle.
    Arakawa Under the Bridge
    Second OP is nice too, but this first OP is extra special.
    Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad
    Catchy OP for a show with a vastly superior English dub to the original.
    The World God Only Knows
    Sticks with me. Look up the crazy long full OP song for a journey.
    Log Horizon
    Trash OP music, but trash you'll be singing along to after you get into the series.
    Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day
    This and the ED make watching this a nonstop tearfest.
    Collection of Key Anime Openings
    Cheated, but I don't want to have to pick between them. They're all excellent.

• Global Moderator

I'll will post two from the same show. It's an oldie but a good one and it always got me hyped. Even with filler episodes where a match was not going on. Especially the 2nd Opening.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

• Reviving this topic since we have the Ending topic going right now and people might want to post more OPs. Also, a certain song came up on my playlist and reminded me of an OP too good for the show it was attached to, or rather the show itself didn't live up to the potential it had.
    Kyousougiga
    I'll just post afew more good ones while I'm at it. Always liked what they did with this show's OPs.
    Tower of Druaga OP 1
    So last post I made I included an OP from a comedy show involving mermaids. Turns out I have another of those that deserves to be shared. Just don't expect the actual show to be as good as Seto no Hanayome.
    Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san
    Long anime about some high schoolers pursuing their dreams of becoming manga artists.
    Bakuman
    This will always be a powerful opening, fitting for material it is accompanying.
    Bokurano
    Alright, if you decide to watch this next show, you just have to trust me and look nothing up beforehand and don't drop it no matter what. If you can't do that much, don't bother with it.
    Occult Academy
    This title is about a family of shapeshifting Raccoon Dogs. Don't let the first episode weird you out.
    Uchouten Kazoku
    I pretty much ended last time with a video of a batch of OPs from different KEY VN anime adaptations, so I got a pretty good idea of what to put in it's place this time. Here's three openings from the same show as it builds into the culmination.
    Working!!+'!!+!!!

That's all for now and probably for awhile as everything else I'd want to share has been nuked or is a little too graphic/potentially offensive for here.

• Shokugeki No Soma/ Food Wars opening
    I'm into cooking. I like the theme. There's food in it.
    Youtube Video

• Not a single ally mentioned this classic yet! :D

Youtube Video

Still gets me pumped anytime I hear it.

• I think it's a bit abnormal but the Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis opening is one that I never skipped.

• I've very recently fallen in love with Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu and it's lovely opening. I can never skip it.
    Youtube Video

• @frasafrase that op was pretty good. i never skipped either

• @Mbun Effin Druaga, man. Damn.

• Let me share one I know won't be on here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBZuBUw_F68
    enjoy =P

Edit: Actually, here is a list of other interesting ones, I don't see on here.

Gun X Sword: one of those anime with a slow start, and honestly one of the best "HOLY SHIT" moments I have had watching anime. Which there was quite a few. This is the version without spoilers as you watch each episode when a character is shown they show up in the next ep's intro. =D
    Youtube Video

I find most if not all anime opening's, at least the best ones, grow on you with each passing episode, and by the end of it engulfs you with emotion. It is really cool how I can watch an anime opening and feel 100% different the first time over the last time.

Ergo Proxy was interesting. Just a memorable intro to me, I think Ian would like this anime it's all about provoking thought. Deep anime.
    Youtube Video

Xam'd: Great intro, do not recommend the anime. Sometimes they just babel for days about plot that does not matter. Was hoping for some sort of payoff but there is none.
    Youtube Video

This Anime is amazing. If you like elimination game anime's with death note level ability. So much mind games and just a pure ride. I hope there is a season 2, but 1 is almost standalone. Good SHIT! - as for the opening you can be the judge.
    Youtube Video

• @Mbun I like your list, Occult Academy, Tower of Druaga. Both on my list of must watch anime.

I love how you say to not look anything up for Occult Academy, 100% true. If you spoil the show for yourself it's a waste of time. Such good plot development.

• If I could download this song off of itunes, I absolutely would. Heck I might be able to. There's so much right, about ACCA and the opening is one of them. I just love upbeat tracks, plus the visuals are top notch.
    Youtube Video

• ^I just started ACCA yesterday and instantly fell in love with the both the music and the visuals of the opening.

Here are a few others I really like. These five are ones that never get old for me. Imo every one of them fits the tone of their respective series. Also the visuals/animation fit the music very well.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Youtube Video