Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV Impressions

• as a standalone movie it's terrible but as a 2 hour intro/primer for XV it's pretty decent

Some of the stuff in there definitely makes me more curious about the world of FFXV and makes me wonder if it's indicative of the lore and content of the world or just stuff thrown in for fanservice

• So I'm going to play devil's advocate here as I have heard everyone basically say the same thing, "terrible voice acting, bad story, characters aren't written well.... but oh man, FINAL FANTASY XV IS ALMOST HERE!" It's just a little confusing. Don't get me wrong, I have a strong affinity for Godzilla movies and the like, so I can understand objectively saying a movie is bad yet still enjoying it but this seems to be a different beast entirely. It's all in agreement the movie is pretty bad but that disappointment has led to being more excited for the game to come out? What am I missing here everyone? Was Kool-Aid given out at the theater?

• @SabotageTheTruth I can only speak for myself, but the reason the movie got me hyped for the game is that, even though the movie's plot itself was bad, the overall story still sounds exciting, and the world looks pretty awesome. So the potential is there.

• @SabotageTheTruth Objectively, this movie had many kinks, so It's impossible to just outright ignore them. I overall liked it, but I wouldn't watch it again. It was an enjoyable experience though.

• @SabotageTheTruth The magical mcguffin and last 45 minutes were really cool, so I'm excited for that in-game. Especially since the female lead ends up with it, so maybe she'll actually get to do something in the plot.

• Thanks for shedding some understanding on me. I am a little saddened no one got Kool-Aid though, that's a tough break. I still gotta check out Kingsglaive when I get a chance.

• @SabotageTheTruth For what it's worth, they were giving out free posters when I went, maybe they felt like apologising :D

• Enjoyed it, felt like it was 2 hour cutscene for FFXV

• @SabotageTheTruth said in Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV Impressions:

So I'm going to play devil's advocate here as I have heard everyone basically say the same thing, "terrible voice acting, bad story, characters aren't written well.... but oh man, FINAL FANTASY XV IS ALMOST HERE!" It's just a little confusing. Don't get me wrong, I have a strong affinity for Godzilla movies and the like, so I can understand objectively saying a movie is bad yet still enjoying it but this seems to be a different beast entirely. It's all in agreement the movie is pretty bad but that disappointment has led to being more excited for the game to come out? What am I missing here everyone? Was Kool-Aid given out at the theater?

The main characters of the movie, who pretty much only exist for the movie, their personalities and backstories and actions and everything are just generic and shallow. If this was a whole story unto itself it would be incredibly weak.

BUT it does a great job of introducing multiple characters who WILL have a role to play in FFXV. Their roles here are small but are all great little world building tidbits. It fleshes out the world a little and adds some context to various groups and international relations. Plus there are a couple of big things I dont want to spoil but turned my expectations of the world all around

• @Axel yeah, my theater was giving those posters out too... I was lucky enough to snag a full size poster though. :D