Pure Platinum Baybee!

• Jak and Daxter in the collection. I don't normally worry about trophies, so I think I only have two or three plats.

• I didn't start trying for platinums until recently.. my first was Battlefield 4 and it was pretty easy, though replaying the last level over and over for different endings was a pain.

Might have to revisit some old games to try and get more. I'm enjoying the trophy hunt

• @SabotageTheTruth said in Pure Platinum Baybee!:

@Smartzke After playing through Indigo Prophecy and having it be (in my opinion) the absolute worst game ever made, I've been very hesitant to give Heavy Rain a try. The premise seems interesting but if it plays anything like Indigo did, or has any endings similar to how Indigo tied things up, I've gotta pass. Worth a go you think?

If you're willing to overlook its shortcomings, absolutely. It's much better than Indigo Prophecy, and it has plot holes and a lot of cheesy stuff in the story, but I still really enjoyed it at the time. I was pretty engrossed with the whole story while playing and plowed through it in a day or two, and I only noticed the things wrong with it after I finished. I haven't touched it in years so I'm not sure how kind time has been to the game, but the controls are still pretty funky, though.

• Okami HD.

This game already looked gorgeous on ps2, but seeing it "upscaled" on a giant hd-tv... Loved it soooo much I decided to just go ahead and collect/see every possible thing on the checklist. :D Followed up by Budokai HD collection(which was ROBBED of the original awesome music, still can't believe they did that), dark souls 2, Bloodborne(God, I loathed those chalice dungeons)

Usually don't care too much about trophies, but some games give me that thought of "Right, I adore this game. Time to do EVERYTHING possible and see how hard that is."

• Uncharted 2: Among Thieves was the first game that I platinumed, that was seven years ago. It was just so good, that game. Still is.

Nowadays I have 68 platinums, I think. The Last of Us might have been the hardest, I mean the multiplayer took a long time, and there was a chance to lose all your progress as well. Still got it and liked the MP, too. Well, actually I got it twice, on PS3 and PS4 both.

• I have to say that I don't like to Platinum every game. I treat Platinum as a way to show that I really like a game, so all the Platinums I got are for games I think really deserve it.

I think Platinum is such a great idea because it's more meaningful than Xbox achievements that have no context to the points you get.

Here's my last three trophies:

alt text

Context to Witcher 3, it includes the DLC trophies as well or it wouldn't have been 100%.

• First platinum was Uncharted DF, because I was determined to have one. The others are the first two Sly games from the collection. As its pretty easy to get since you just gotta collect necessary items for bonuses you could use, and beat the game.

There's been some others that are relatively easy to get. But I've decided a long time ago that I wasn't gonna go out of my way to get trophies with requirements outside of my gameplay style. Found that it took away from the fun and purpose of me playing said game. The main game I'm playing now Destiny, I actually only need like 4-5 trophies. But I don't want to be spending more time than I already am creating another character. Which may change once I max out the new light level.

• Banned

Never gotten one, I haven't really cared about achievements/trophies in maybe 6-7 years. When I only used to own a 360 I 100% a couple of games.

• Mine was Dark Souls born out of a bet with a friend about who could plat it first for a crate of beer. I won the bet in the end but it send me down the dark road of considering platting every game I really enjoy if it isn't too insane(DS3 almost was that).
    So far I did every Souls game + BB as well as a lot of JRPGs I enjoyed tons.

• @Holundrian said in Pure Platinum Baybee!:

Mine was Dark Souls born out of a bet with a friend about who could plat it first for a crate of beer. I won the bet in the end but it send me down the dark road of considering platting every game I really enjoy if it isn't too insane(DS3 almost was that).
    So far I did every Souls game + BB as well as a lot of JRPGs I enjoyed tons.

Congrats on the DS3 plat. I couldn't summon the patience for the covenant/sorceries stuff.

• Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. It was as soon as the trophy patch came out. I had only played it once before and wasn't that impressed by it.Then trophies came along and I played it through 5 times in 4 days. Trophies are the reason I love Uncharted.

Slightly unrelated, but there was a free news program on the Japan store, hosted by cats and I shamelessly played it (as in read however many news articles) just for trophies.

• The Walking Dead S1 (before the 500 days trophy's were added)
    And I have a second one from another game, although I dont recall what.

• my first was demons souls then rocket league then the walking dead my latest one was dark souls 3

• I'm not sure I even have a gold trophy :/. I like to play as many games as I can so I rarely dedicate time to a game after beating it.

Persona 5 might be the first I get depending on what it takes, cause I'll most likely be playing that thing 5 times at the very least.

• My first plat was Burnout Paradise. Pretty easy to get, just time consuming.
    Same with my second plat I got just last night for Diablo 3. Fucking 500 bounties my ass.

• Global Moderator

Im trying to remember which were my absolute first trophy.

Maybe it was Assassin's Creed 2. I remember finishing the story and realising I only needed to collect a few more things in order to get it, I just thought "meh why not? it was an awesome game!" - then just went for it with the help of guides!

But it might also been Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit to PS3 (the first one). I remember having almost everyone except some of the online ones and had almost given up until a friend told me "you dont need every single one for platinum" and sent me a guide to which ones and off I went!

• 1 - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2009)
    2 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
    3 - God of War 3 (2009)
    4 - Assassin's Creed 2 (2010)
    5 - Bloodborne (2014)
    6 - Rocket League (2016)
    7 - The Last of Us: Remasted (99%, I just need all weapons upgraded - 2016)

I didn't know you could get trophies for FF7. It's a PSone Classic right?

• @GoTaco No, they ported it to PS4 with trophy support. Graphics are slightly improved and they added (the much-needed) 3x speed-up.

• my first Platinum was Rocket league when it came out. Hardest trophy was to drive a certain amount of miles. not difficult but time consuming. Still proud of it even though it is a minor feat compared to most other platinums

• @SabotageTheTruth

Mmmm... I've been picking away at FF7 on PS3 since like 2011 and I'm barely into it and haven't played in nearly 2 years now.

This sounds goooodddd.