Your most played games in the last 4 years

• Global Moderator

It'd probably be The Last of Us and Bloodborne but I imagine Overwatch is already creeping it's way in with the amount of hours I've put in.

• @Brannox I think the fact they have gone back to the unreal engine helps.

• @jords True, but there is so much more to development than the engine being used. Design decisions about what to keep and what to cut; who to outsource it to (they shouldn't); how XV's marketing and demoing at shows has cast it a not so great light. As much as I want those games, I'm hopeful they take better care of them.

• Dark Souls for sure. Easily put over 1700 hours into that. Probably closer to 2000 hours by now. Second place is War Thunder with 1600 hours.

• @Paper-Lion

2000 hours???

alt text

• @jords said in Your most played games in the last 4 years:

@Paper-Lion

2000 hours???

That's how good Dark Souls is. I adore that game.

• @Paper-Lion

Now play it blindfolded!!

• NHL for sure. It's the series I've been playing since for ever. It's not even that good at the moment from game mechanics perspective but It's the only hockey game there is and I'm sure I'm just plain addicted at this point. I don't even want to count the hours.

• Rocket League by a mile, have around 400 hours in that. Dark Souls 3 and Virtues Last Reward were around 30 hours and they're tied for second place, though Overwatch might approach them since I've got it and my friends still play it.

1. Halo 5: 900 Hours...
    2. Guild Wars 2: ~500 Hours
    3. TF2: ~300 Hours
    4. CS:GO: ~300 Hours
    5. Starbound: ~200 Hours

So many backlog games...just keep playing these...Send halp. :'(

• I seriously don't want to know the hundreds of hours I poured into League of Legends while I should have been studying...instead my roomates and I would have a 5 person LAN going all day. Great great times.

• @aLinktoMajora oh man I miss LANs so much :'(

What was your favorite game to LAN? :D we used to play tons of Warcraft 3

• @Ikataishou

That's quite the list!

I remember playing Guild Wars for hours on end every day. It was my first MMORPG and I still think back to how wonderful it was with the group of people I met online. I've always wanted to get into Guild Wars 2 but I heard that It was very different from the first and that kinda pulled me away.

• Europa Universalis 4. I currently have 2470 hours played, according to Steam. That will only increase once Rights of Man is released.
    Funny thing is that I only bought this game to tide me over till Total War: Rome 2. And now its my most played ever!

• Diablo 3 and Witcher 3 I think are the only ones I've played over 100 hours in the past 4 years. I get burnt out on games pretty easily but these two games just got their hooks into me and kept me locked into my screen endlessly for two very different amazing reasons!

• Number one has to be Fallout 4, according to my Xbox I think I have spent more than 700 hours with that and I've just started playing with mods, which is really cool.

Number two would probably be GTA V and Online. That game is really cool, though somehow when you've played it enough every session becomes kind of the same and every police chase and stuff always ends in just shooting everything and everyone. I would really have liked to have the online car garages and insurances in the singleplayer part too, because having your own car and fixing it the way you want it and just cruising with it is just the best.

I've also played a lot of Rocket League, that is really fun. To me it's a lot like Fifa but without the frustration of the "players" not doing what I want :P.

4 years is a pretty long time so it's hard to remember but there's also some Minecraft, Alien, Fallout 3, Skyrim and some Forza 5 too.

• I don't... get people who're naming games like The Last of Us and Skyward Sword.

The Last of Us is one of my favorite games, I replayed it at least four before the remaster came out: probably almost 100 hours (and I'm a very methodical player). Singleplayer, no multiplayer. And I played Skyward Sword through twice, it took about 50 hours each time. The third time, though, the beginning of the game began to wear on me. Not just the tutorials, but the boring first dungeons and fetch quest-y areas. So I quit.

And that's why I'm wondering: How do you get more than 100 hours out of either of those games? How can those be what you've played most recently?

• Global Moderator

@Haru17 It's what you said you didn't play in TLOU. The multiplayer. I've played the single player a load on every difficulty and I put a good few hours into the multiplayer which I absolutely adored. It was my go to multiplayer game before Overwatch.

• Honestly, I'd probably have to nominate Dark Souls 1-3 (this includes both versions of Dark Souls 2 btw, vanilla and Scholar of the First Sin), Diablo III + RoS, and Bloodborne.