Divinity: Original Sin 2 (PC)

• Here's the announcement trailer:

Youtube Video

Has anyone played the first one? Are you hyped for the sequel?

• The first game is amazing. Put in about 50 hours in the original version with a buddy of mine, and then about 30 hours into the enhanced edition. We never finished the game though.

I'm really hyped for Original Sin 2, but it's not a game I would wanna play in early access.

• There hasn't been much talk about this game lately but they just announced a new feature that I found super impressive: Game Master Mode.

Check out the video:

Youtube Video

Or read one of the many preview articles:
    IGN
    Eurogamer
    Rock, Paper, Shotgun
    Polygon
    PC World

Basically allows you to create your own campaigns and be the GM live during gameplay, controlling the enemies, making the players roll dice, rewarding them, adding new things on the fly. It looks super flexible and expansive!

And so this got me thinking, the Allies could even play Tabletop Escapades through this mode, I'm pretty sure @BenMoore will be excited by the prospect.

• First game was great. Really looking forward to DOS2

• I'm a backer, have yet to play it though, but I'll start playing through it this summer. Still waiting my physical rewards though... :/

• I played the first one with a friend for a while, it was our weekly hangout time. I liked it a lot but think I would have enjoyed it more if I was playing it solo so I could really delve into the conversations and such. Life happened and we stopped playing so I never beat it. I would definitely be interested in picking it back up at some point to finish the fight, but that won't be for a while. I haven't been following this at all but I would imagine it'll be amazing if it improves upon he first even a little bit.

• I played the first one on the PS4 and i absolutely loved it. Frankly it is one of my favorite games that i played last year. And it might even be one of my favorites on the ps4. I did a full playthough on my own (took me ages i really like to take my time/aka am very slow lol). Also played a bit of it with a friend. While i was suprised by how well the multiplayer aspect was done it wasn't really the best fit because i wanted to read everything and he just wanted to get going.

I still really hope Divinity 2 also will be on the ps4 with its glorious multiplayer aspect. If not i will definitely buy it on steam. But i kinda got two buddies willing to at least try it out with me.

Very cool that a smaller studio from the Benelux can make such a wonderous and wonderfully jolly experience.

• I'm really looking forward to this game. The first one was so so good. I'm a backer as well but have only started the early access version a couple of times to get a feel for it, but not spoil anything. If anyone want to play D:OS 2 cooperatively when it's released, or try out the D&D mode, just holler. :)

• http://www.divinity.game/game-master/

Game Master mode is hype as shit.

• It's coming out today and the launch trailer is very hype!

Youtube Video

Who's getting it?

• I would, as I was a huge fan of the original. It's absolutely pathetic though that the only physical copies were limited to 1000 collectors editions. I'm just going to wait and see what happens.

• I'm unsure. I kinda got bored with the first game. The story and dialogue didn't grab me and that's a pretty big no-no for me in lengthly RPGs.

• @Axel Just got an email that my collectors edition is on it's way.

• How much freedom is this game really going to have. I love the idea of playing a game where I can do whatever I want. But they are way more restrictive then they let on.

• I bought this and definitely will be playing it this weekend.

• How's the game been for people? Curious but not sold on this game. What kind of freedom for roleplaying does it allow?

• I've only played it for a hour or so (after release), but so far, everything points towards a solid RPG experience. * insert Bosman's face here *

Also, Today I received my collector's edition package in mail, and the statue included in it is AWESOME:
    alt text
    And the books and Cloth map are neat as well. Also, Backer Edition #93 O_O

• @CGamor7 The game is mostly awesome. I say mostly because there are still a couple of annoying bugs. One of which causes some quests in Act 1 to not finish if you do the objectives in a certain order. It's happened to 5 quests for me. According to

they're working on it though.

Otherwise I can't recommend the game enough! I'm about 30 hours in and not out of Act 1 yet. The world is gorgeous, the voice acting is really good and the combat is so rewarding. The characters are interesting as well.

@jipostus Wow that looks nice! And yeah, it really does feel like a solid RPG experience.

• @Quecken said in Divinity: Original Sin 2 (PC):

@CGamor7 The game is mostly awesome. I say mostly because there are still a couple of annoying bugs. One of which causes some quests in Act 1 to not finish if you do the objectives in a certain order. It's happened to 5 quests for me. According to

they're working on it though.

Otherwise I can't recommend the game enough! I'm about 30 hours in and not out of Act 1 yet. The world is gorgeous, the voice acting is really good and the combat is so rewarding. The characters are interesting as well.

@jipostus Wow that looks nice! And yeah, it really does feel like a solid RPG experience.

Yeah, the only 'problem' I have with Larian games is that it never feels like a good move to grab their games at launch - not only do they suffer from bugs, but inevitably they change some pretty major things in future patches.

I'm hyped to get started on this game, but I may end up waiting a few months just to see how it shakes out

• Picked it up myself tonight, I couldn't avoid all the hype surrounding this game and all the footage I've seen just make it look SO good.