Divinity: Original Sin 2 (PC/PS4/XBO)

• @CGamor7 The game is mostly awesome. I say mostly because there are still a couple of annoying bugs. One of which causes some quests in Act 1 to not finish if you do the objectives in a certain order. It's happened to 5 quests for me. According to

they're working on it though.

Otherwise I can't recommend the game enough! I'm about 30 hours in and not out of Act 1 yet. The world is gorgeous, the voice acting is really good and the combat is so rewarding. The characters are interesting as well.

@jipostus Wow that looks nice! And yeah, it really does feel like a solid RPG experience.

• @Quecken said in Divinity: Original Sin 2 (PC):

@CGamor7 The game is mostly awesome. I say mostly because there are still a couple of annoying bugs. One of which causes some quests in Act 1 to not finish if you do the objectives in a certain order. It's happened to 5 quests for me. According to

they're working on it though.

Otherwise I can't recommend the game enough! I'm about 30 hours in and not out of Act 1 yet. The world is gorgeous, the voice acting is really good and the combat is so rewarding. The characters are interesting as well.

@jipostus Wow that looks nice! And yeah, it really does feel like a solid RPG experience.

Yeah, the only 'problem' I have with Larian games is that it never feels like a good move to grab their games at launch - not only do they suffer from bugs, but inevitably they change some pretty major things in future patches.

I'm hyped to get started on this game, but I may end up waiting a few months just to see how it shakes out

• Picked it up myself tonight, I couldn't avoid all the hype surrounding this game and all the footage I've seen just make it look SO good.

• I bought this game on sale this weekend. My goodness is it ever thorough. I've never played an old school cRPG before so this is a completely new experience.

10 hours over a lazy weekend and I'm still not out of the island tutorial questline. I thought an old school RPG would be a good palette cleanser for playing Persona 5, but it's really the other way around. P5 is the light and fun game while Divinity is the serious and hardcore fun game.

Any beginner tips?

• Late to the party, but I've finally played this game. It was very hard at first, because there are no quest markers and no clear indication what to do next. Also the combat was tough and without clear tutorials it was overwhelming even on Explorer difficulty. But then I've imagined that this is... Tabletop Escapades. And it worked! I've lowered the difficulty to Story mode and started doing whatever I wanted to do. And since this game has so many ways to approach each situation, this random way of playing worked perfectly!

Yes, I've skipped deep combat and some (probably, many) side activities, but it let me to focus on my party and their individual goals. And this personal journey had many standout moments that I'll remember for many months. Lohse especially.

• @ffff0 I've been working on this one for probably 6 months at a slow pace. I often get to sequences where I just cannot win a battle so I pick up another quest for a while, and then maybe a few more, and come back with a few more levels and skills. This is how I played Divinity Original Sin 1 and it honestly took me a year to beat but I loved it. It's definitely easy to get lost in these games and play them obsessively for days on end but I prefer to take them a few morsels at a time while I play other games. This, and the original, uh, original sin, are phenomenally well crafted games.

• I'm not exactly concerned about difficulty in the games I play, but I do try to start most games on normal. With Divinity though I just start with story mode, because I am terrible at this style of combat, and for me the game is all about the experience and the story. It is pretty much a perfect D&D game.

• I've played like 5 hours with my roomate, simply incredibly, and I just want to really delve into this more in-depth but I'll have to find a good time for that.

• This conversation made me pick it up again last night for a few hours. Was doing great until I hit a wall with a major quest battle which I dont think i can win right now. So gonna wonder around and just explore for a bit until the spirit moves me to try again.

• Global Moderator

I've been streaming the game every monday for about 6 months now I think with 3 other EZA guys. It has been an absolute blast. We just made it to Act 3 last week.

It's just insanely cool how much choice is given to the players and also specific players where the choice is really down to them.

I think it's also a game that you can get totally different experiences of depending on if you're playing solo or in a group. I can see a solo player being a lot more invested in the overall story while in a group, keeping everyone up to date on the latest story elements can be a little difficult but you can have a great laugh in the moment to moment stuff.

It's honestly a bit difficult to properly discuss as it feels like there is so much to talk about with it.

Edit: Oh, and this is still one of my favourite moments :D

tok9 twitch - Divinity 2 - Not Like This