TOP 10 GAMES OF 2016 (SO FAR)
PrinceofTheUniverse last edited by
WHY NOT?! I feel like we've gotten far enough into the year where by now most of you should know what games you are considering for your top 10. There are obviously a few hits we are still waiting for later this year that will undoubtedly knock a few games off the list BUT there are more than enough great games that have released already to make a solid list from. So I wanna see some list pronto!
10- Stories: The Path of Destinies
8- Hyperlight Drifter
7- Quantum Break
4- Uncharted 4
3- BoxBox Boy (yes im dead serious play this game if you have a 3ds and you like puzzle games)
1- Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
I know my top 3 will def change once a few games come out but they will def still be on my list by the end of the year for sure.
Ivanhoe last edited by
4- Enter the Gungeon
3- Street Fighter 5
1- Dark Souls 3
I don't play that many games it turns out.
Hanabi last edited by
5 - Riptide GP Renegade
4 - Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
3 - Gravity Rush Remastered
2 - Overwatch (would probably be an easy 1 if I wasn't so bugged by the whole loot box thing, the summer games version of them alone bumped it down a notch for me.)
1 - VA-11 HALL-A
Just realized these are the only games I've played that came out this year (didn't want to put GR on there since it's a port but I mean just look at how small that list is already) and that nothing else on the horizon really catches my eye. I've got Kamen Rider Battride War Genesis in the mail but I already know that'll probably be a fifth place game as well.
Haru17 last edited by Haru17
Fuck your descending-but-ascending-in-order-of-importance lists XD.
- Monster Hunter: Cross (you western filth casuals)
- Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (for filthy western casuals)
- Gravity Rush Remastered (Kat's out of the bag)
- Abzu (It's a prettier, less seamless Journey.)
- Fallout 4: Survival Mode (This one is technically cheating, but it totally changes the gameplay loop of that game. Stealth and the first attack become so important and beds [the only save points] are just super fun to look for.)
- Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (why don't remasters use colons?)
- Weirdly, Nioh (Just a demo, but it beat the hell out of most games. Meaty.)
- Uhhh, TBA? I haven't really liked a lot of the games that came out this year. I wouldn't recommend the Witness to anyone and I reviewed Firewatch, giving it two and a half stars out of five. No Man's Sky was fun in a boring sort of way, I dunno. Hopefully Deus Ex will make its way on here because it's 1: An AAA game with a story and 2: Not an open world game. Fucking spotted leopard up in here, someone call the WWF.
Nakenorm last edited by Nakenorm
Uncharted 4 - One of my favorite IP's ever, and a perfect ending to the series.
Furi - Great artstyle, music and gameplay that keeps you trying one more time.
Street Fighter V - I suck at fighters, but have always enjoyed street fighter.
Overwatch - LOVE the cast, if it weren't for none of my friends playing it, I would probably have played it a lot more.
Firewatch - I'm a sucker for these shorter story focused games, keep 'em comin'!
Doom - As perfect as a Shooter can get, and the soundtrack is amazing.
Megaman Collection - Nostalgia Overload.
Reigns - Super fun Mobile game(yes). Like Tinder meets Game of Thrones, sounds weird I know.
Drawful 2 - Have had a blast playing this with friends before hittin' the clubs.
Ratchet and Clank - Man, we really do need more of these games, had almost forgotten how amazing a good Ratchet game can be, made me super pumped for Insomniacs Spidey game.
Those are the standouts so far imho, and I still haven't had time to play The witness, I am Setsuna or Isnide yet. Great year for gaming so far, and we still have BF1, FFXV TLG and Deus Ex to look forward too?
Oh! Shoutout to Blood and Wine, Alienation, Assault Android Cactus and Tricky Towers! Mighty fine games as well.
Galaxy40k last edited by Galaxy40k
2016 so far has been pretty slow for me thus far compared to the insanity that was last year. The only things that I would really consider GOTY worthy are Dark Souls 3, Overwatch, and Blood & Wine (yes its DLC but its the length of a full game so I'm going to include it here haha).
That being said, a lot of good stuff on the horizon. Looking forward to Dishonored 2, Deus Ex, The Last Guardian, and maybe Final Fantasy XV (I'm not that big into JRPGs, but if its really good I'll give it a go).
Krocsyldiphic last edited by
- Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (thanks Ben for showing me that game!!!!)
- Doom 2016
- Dark Souls 3
- XCOM 2
- Zero Time Dilemma
Guest last edited by Guest
1. Dark Souls 3 In my opinion the best game this year. All features/elements of it are top tier.
2. Oxenfree The best story, characters and visuals for me this year.
3. Valley The pinnacle of fusion of fun gameplay and great narrative plus wonderful aesthetics.
4. No man's sky Freedom, and I'll stick by it. I love this game.
5.Superhot Extremely fun play, great visuals, shocking moments.
6. Fragments of him Most emotional I got at a game this year.
7. Overwatch Simply fun, simple fun.
8. Paws: A Shelter 2 Game So cute.
9. Firewatch Bad ending, but I still enjoyed playing it. Great visuals, sound and character development.
There are other games, but I either didn't play them or I don't feel they deserve place on the list.
Edit: Added Valley.
Sieghardt last edited by
- Nights of Azure
- Super Robot Wars OG The Moon Dwellers
- Valkyria Chronicles Remastered
- Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Wonder Book
- Gravity Rush Remastered
- Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
I think the list will be filled out with a few late in the year releases
Faaip last edited by Faaip
I really haven't played much this year but here's a few ranked somewhat
- Uncharted 4 - I'm not ashamed to say I absolutely loved this game, everything about it. A perfect ending to the series
- Blood and Wine - Super fun and surprising and a great ending to the story in my opinion
- Furi - I thought this game was amazing.. even though I wanted to quit at some points, I couldn't pull myself away and found myself thinking about this game while I played others.
- Firewatch - Its not perfect but I really enjoyed playing it, and although it didn't totally pay off I'm still happy about the way I felt during the game. Also that's just the way life works out sometimes and I respect that they didn't force a different ending that wrapped everything up nicely
- Fallout 4 - (I'm counting it because I just played it recently :D )
FerrisK96 last edited by FerrisK96
- The Witness
- Dark Souls III
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
- Ratchet and Clank
- Trackmania Turbo
- Gravity Rush Remastered
Games that were close to making it into the list :
Firewatch, Star Fox Zero, Tricky Towers and the NiOh Alpha+ Beta
I still need to play Doom,Quantum Break and Superhot
Hero of Lime last edited by
I bet Pokemon will take a high spot once it's out, and maybe Final Fantasy XV, hopefully. Until then:
- Fire Emblem Fates
- Uncharted 4
- Metroid Federation Force (I know, I'm surprised too.)
- Star Fox Zero
- Pokken Tournament
- Coming soon
- Coming soon
- Coming soon
- Coming soon.
Admittedly, I haven't played too many games this year, and the end of the year will certainly change this list.
Bigdude1 last edited by
in no particular order (also not all released in 2016)
Resident Evil Revelations
Metroid Prime Federation Force (surprisingly good, check it out)
Monster Hunter Generations
Zero Time Dilemma
Rise of the Tomb Raider
bard91 last edited by
1. Stardew Valley
I don't think I have played any other game that has come out this year other the Overwatch open beta, and other demos. I suppose I'm just really really selective about what I buy and play.
If I had a Wii U I would probably have gotten Tokyo Mirage Sessions, since it looks way too appealing, but there's hasn't been anything that I just couldn't wait for.
tokeeffe9 last edited by tokeeffe9
Uncharted 4 - An absolutely fantastic way to end Drake's story. I honestly loved every minute of it.
Overwatch - The last time I was this into a competitive multiplayer game was battlefield 3. I just love how accessible it is and how it suits so many different playstyles.
Dark Souls 3 - Return to form for the Souls series after 2 was a slight step in the wrong direction. I imagine it will only get better with the DLC too.
The Witness - Absolutely fantastic puzzle game. Been waiting years for it and it really delivered. The most impressive thing for me is I never felt like I got frustrated, when I couldn't solve something, I'd leave it, come back to it and figure it out.
Severed - Touch based dungeon crawler game on the vita. Really interesting idea. Exploring is rewarding, the enemy design is really good and it has a pretty sad narrative too.
Abzu - Just an absolutely incredible visual and audible experience. I see why people are saying it's just a worst Journey but that's honestly not a bad thing. I'll remember more parts from this game than the majority of games I play.
Salt and Sanctuary - 2D Souls like game, maybe even too much like souls. The more I played it the more I saw it had a bit more to offer. Still wish it was out on Vita.
Zero Time Dilemma - Firstly, play Virtue's Last Reward first if possible. ZTR is absolutely bonkers but in a good way. There were a few things that annoyed me so I prefer VLR but it's still a fantastic conclusion to the trilogy.
Firewatch - This is probably a divisive one. I can definitely see why people were disappointed with it but I'm always someone who loves character development over the story. Don't get me wrong, I love a good story but that's just my preference. This has that in abundance, is visually stunning and has a very nice soundtrack.
Furi - Basically boss rush mode. It's one of those games where you get better as you play it. The bosses are pretty varied, they all have a few different forms that keep things interesting. I even enjoyed the moments in between (just press x) walking to the next boss.
Realistically this will be my top 10 for the year. I left travelling before NMS came out and I'll miss the rest of the year for console games (Still coming to terms that I'll miss The Last Guardian launch).
The only games that might get in are handheld games.. so possibly Pokemon Sun/Moon, DQ Builders, Darkest Dungeon, World of Final Fantasy. If I get around to any of them.
FF7Cloud last edited by FF7Cloud
- dark souls 3
2.blood and wine
3.tokyo mirage sessions
4.fire emblem fates
5.i am setsuna
6 uncharted 4
7.salt and santuary
8.riptide gp renegade
havent really played alot
- dark souls 3
sam776 last edited by
- No Man's Sky
- Uncharted 4
Will hopefully change as the year continues. :)
Haru17 last edited by
@FF7Cloud That's an, uh, complex numbering scheme you've got there.
HikarW last edited by
- Monster Hunter Generations (sorry, I can't read japanese yet Haru) i'm addicted to this franchise on pace to put a year of my life into it by the time i turn 25.
- Dark Souls 3-never played a souls before this year and boy do i love everything about it. In my top 3 of all time for sure now can't wait to go back and play the previous.
3.Fire Emblem Fates-Ok the story could have had been much better, grear concept but plot plays out poorly. But the gameplay is some of the best in the series, and i appreciate any franchise willing to take a risk.
- Uncharted 4-Not a game for me, but watching my little brother play all of these has been a blast, too much respect for naughty dog.
- Furi-some great broth, indie gem, hardcore, mysterious, all around blast.
- Farcry Primal-bought this cuz as i said i appreciate any franchise willing to take a chance, and this one works so well, a blast if oyu can get it cheap.
- well everything else ive played has been backlog so........yeah. Best is yet to come tho
Alex840 last edited by
- Uncharted 4: The slam dunk for GOTY!
- The Witness
- Ratchet and Clank
- The Division