Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/XB1)

• I friggin' love Deus Ex: Mankind Divided!

Of course I'm still in the early hours, because I need to eat and sleep and blah blah blah—but this game is great. To start, I think it's the best looking game on next gen short of Uncharted 4. The environments—the environments! I entered a bookstore full of toppled bookshelves. More than that, though, the bookshelves were all full of books. As in 3D book models, not just textures.

Next gen, baby!

The combat takes a good bit of getting used to, but I'm really enjoying sneaking through air vents after a few hours. The environments are legitimately labyrinthine. I haven't found a combat encounter or quest objective yet that I couldn't circumvent or literally approach from a different direction.

Cutscenes—did I mention this game has cutscenes!? Like, actual good not-just-60-dollar-MSRP-mandated-narrative-placeholder cutscenes! For once I'm not sure where a story will go. I can't call every beat blow-for-blow like in so many two-bit hero's journey open world "RPGs!"

Life is good, baby!

• I will get it sooner than later. are you playing it on PC or console? hows performance?

• @Black-Cell PS4, works great. I don't ask for anything too elaborate performance-wise anyhow.

• It's glorious! I agree, the game is beautiful and so detailed, I'm spending so much time just looking at every room I go through, and digging for stuff to pick up!

I only finished the prologue level and started adventuring in Prague, and oh my, having lived there for a couple years, it feels amazing to be able to revisit this city through the Deus Ex lens. So many recognizable details, and at the same time, so many futuristic elements! Eidos Montréal clearly did their research there!

Can't wait to explore more!

• @Black-Cell I picked it up on PC. Really need to wait for a patch, sadly, it's a hot mess with crazy frequent crashes. I maanged to get through the tutorial after a few tries and the game feels greeat, but i'm stopping till theres a serious path out. Its not super optimised either, quite the resource hog

• @sblomkamp I have 15 hours with the game (roughly) and I had a phase where I was crashing, but I messed with a ton of settings and ended up fixing it. reinstalling drivers and restarting might've fixed it.

I really really need a patch to fix the mouse acceleration and X/Y axis. Mouse Accel is enabled by default and you cannot turn it off. Horizontal sensitivity is faster than Vertical by a huge margin. I was able to tweak mine with Corsair Utility Engine, and I have the in-game sensitivity set to 0%. (625 X-Axis, 775 Y-Axis DPI, I might've set it to 725/875 to compensate for 0% in-game).

As far as performance, MSAA Off, Contact Shadows set to "on" and not very high. Total Biscuit had a good video on pc options, and the Deus Ex subreddit has good guides.

• I've never Deus Ex game before, so I don't know what to expect from it. But I've heard that PC port is terrible (once again), so I'll wait for the fix. But from what I've seen the games has as many flaws as the things it does great.
    I'm glad that you're enjoying the game, but it seems too hit or miss for me.

• I've played maybe nine hours now on PS4 and the world is getting really immersive. I like it a lot. I literally just spent two hours in the TF29 HQ just going through every room and hacking every computer I could get into with my current hacking levels. It felt great everytime I could get some useful info out of someone's email.

I have around half a dozen side missions now open in this second Prague district, so it'll be a while until I continue the main story again.

• @Nillend The PC Port as far as optimization goes isn't that bad. We also don't have DX12 yet. The controls and issue with sprinting on stairs is a very fixable issue that the devs have confirmed they are looking into.

• See I'm not crazy when I said in the other thread that I heard the PC port wasn't doing so hot. I swear Blood said the same in his preview. It'll likely get fixed tho. Not end of the world stuff.

PC Gamer: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided’s PC port suffers technical issues, backlash over pre-order bonuses

• I just beat the game.
    I might go more indepth later, but for now all I can say is that it's a very well designed game (much better than HR) that is solid across the board. However it does end SMALL SPOILER

in a pretty unsatisfying manner and the very limited number of hubs/interactive areas was a bit of a downer.

• Enjoying it so far, although I feel like something was left on the cutting room floor between the end of Dubai, an Jensen waking up on the train

• My GOTY no doubt!

• Cool, Ill play it in like 2 to 4 years from now. :P

• Not sure if it's just me, but I've discovered a crash.
    During Mission 14 when you have to go back to Jensen's apartment so TS29 can plan something, the game keeps crashing on me each time I try to travel to the Fountain Square location.

• @DMCMaster said in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:

Not sure if it's just me, but I've discovered a crash.
    During Mission 14 when you have to go back to Jensen's apartment so TS29 can plan something, the game keeps crashing on me each time I try to travel to the Fountain Square location.

I'm assuming that this is on PC? Because I have beaten the game and I did all sidequests yet I never ran into any crashes on my PS4.
    For now try doing something else like just exploring different parts of the game, doing sidequests and so on and see if that fixes it. But you should also check their forums and/or contact support.

• @suplextrain
    Actually it is PS4, tried doing that too, I can travel to other places, but the instant I try to go to fountain Square, it will load about 3 quarters of the way then crash.

• @Haru17 Cannot contain my excitement for this game. Started it last night and played the first mission, then spent about 2 hours exploring like one block of Prague. So happy to see that they've maintained the same Deus Ex 'formula' that has made these games great since the first one.

Deus Ex is basically the sweet spot for me for everything that I look for in a video game. Probably my favorite franchise. Huber has been talking about how it's an "immersive sim" which is a rare blend of genres. That's so true. The open world, role playing, decision making, stealth, detective, shooter, etc. mechanics are all satisying and blend together beautifully. And the way the missions play out is so fun, it's a thinking man's action game, even a puzzle at times in the way some situations are set up.

Can't wait to keep playing. Will prepare for my next play session today by dimming the lights with some caffeine, a 6 pack, Capn Crunch, and a scented candle. RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE!

• Man I died a lot trying to get to the guy to reinstate my augs. Looking forward to what's next now that I have added invisibility to the mix.

• Looks like a new patch should be coming sometime this week to fix the issue.
    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=190974&page=4

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.