Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/XB1)

• @Haru17 said in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:

@suplextrain Do you mean how you can complete the same objective multiple ways? And that makes the player agency read as less impactful to you? What do you want them to do that they're not doing, specifically?

I'm saying (without going into spoilers) that things you do in MD have little to no consequence or impact. Almost nothing you do matters or changes things. You can spend almost the entire game "researching" a key character and it has 0 payoff. Who you side with basically doesn't matter and so on. Almost nothing in the game that is set up or a choice that you make has a payoff/consequence.
    This is one of my main complaints with MD.

• I just bought the game for PS4. I won't have funds for a PC upgrade for at least 12 months so I went ahead and said screw it. This game intrigues me. I also vacationed in Prague last year and I found it to clearly be a city of the future in Europe currently, so I genuinely am interested in the fictional future Prague.

EDIT:

Wow, this feels clunky a f on PS4 tbh. I mean I even find it kinda difficult to succeed being stealthy because the camera and movement feels choppy. Lip sync is very off too. I'm barely into the game but it just doesn't feel as smooth as a 2016 game should. Especially after something like MGS V which has insanely fleshed out control. 1 hr in, not anywhere close to a judgement.

• Just finished it, was something cut from the end?

• @DMCMaster Nothing is missing.
    Nothing to see here.

alt text

• Some right stuff going on in the latest entry of Deus Ex like the rpg elements, but I have a very hard time starting it up after a few hours.
    It has that overwhelming nature to it like Witcher 3, which is a great game, yet can't mentally be burdened by starting it up again, remembering where I was, what I was doing, why my inventory is as it is etc.
    Specifically when it comes to Deus Ex MD, I dislike the movement/aim and cover system, it feels clunky and off, rather than smooth and coherent.
    Also the setting in Deus Ex MD doesn't interests me, I find the characters off and honestly I think a complete reset would be better for the franchise, just a fresh start instead of the current path.

• @Ilkhani said in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:

Some right stuff going on in the latest entry of Deus Ex like the rpg elements, but I have a very hard time starting it up after a few hours.
    It has that overwhelming nature to it like Witcher 3, which is a great game, yet can't mentally be burdened by starting it up again, remembering where I was, what I was doing, why my inventory is as it is etc.

I find I have a similar "issue".

• @Sheria said in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:

@Ilkhani said in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:

Some right stuff going on in the latest entry of Deus Ex like the rpg elements, but I have a very hard time starting it up after a few hours.

I find I have a similar "issue".

It was going to be one big game then square enix decide to cut content in order to make it a trilogy. next game should be vastly different otherwise we will witness another invisible wars.

Eidos want to make a complete game but square enix is shitty company behind thier back. corporate greed is really ruining great franchise.

Hitman is episodic and I have to wait for a complete version for next year. SE beign SE.

• The ending in this one was REALLY abrupt, like really. I had heard a thing or two about it being that way, but it still managed to make me go like "what the hell... it ended?". You really shouldn't end your game like that.

That said, I still enjoyed practically everything about the game. At one point I used a phrase "aggressive euphoria", that that was the thing the game was offering in its best moments. So good, when the player gets deep into the game world and its plots. Hopefully we'll get the resolution sooner than in, say, five years again.

• Finally found some free time to finish it up this weekend (pacifist run). It's a great game but it really feels like SE's fingerprints are all over it. The one-time use per game items is pretty messed up and the Breach side game is pretty bland, at least for me. I know we don't have to buy microtransactions and what not, but you can't help but feel like resources were diverted away from the campaign into something designed to make more money... I get it: if my company was forking out millions to make something, I'd expect some decent ROI and mitigate risk. But still, feels bad.

4.5/5 - Will play again (all-kill run this time)

• At the tail end of my second playthru Ive discovered a NPC who will give you hints towards sidequest for a vial NuPoz

• My only complaints with the game are the sometimes awkward animations, the very, very sub-par lip sync, and the length. 45 hours is kind of a long time, but I expected more for some reason, considering I exhausted every bit of content I found. Other than that, the game was great. I'd still give it a 9/10.

• its an amazing web page i love to tell you about my Dues Ex Mankind Divided Coat that i bought from LeathersJackets .com

• Some of you played the first DLC? Worth it or better wait for a sale/bundle with the second one? Thx

• @Maczime said in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:

Some of you played the first DLC? Worth it or better wait for a sale/bundle with the second one? Thx

I heard that it's pretty short and Breach mode focused. Doesn't seem like people are liking it all that much.

• @suplextrain said in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:

Breach mode focused

Welp, no thanks :D

(But thank you for the answer!)

• After going on a shorter game binge over the last week with Hyper Light Drifter (not really short for me) and Inside, I'm in the mood to dig into a chunkier game.

So I put in roughly 2-3 hours into Mankind Divided last night which brought me to the very start of Prague. Got in the recap and I was good to go.

My early thoughts is just that I do really like these types of games where I have a lot of choice but with that, it brings a lot of menus to sift through and controls to get used to. Those were the main things I was tackling with last night. I'm just thinking of other similar games I've played recently (Hitman, Dishonored 2) and I think it's taking me a little longer to get used to those things here.

Not a major complaint but just something that could be improved on.

Looking forward to the open format of Prague now that I am through the tutorial level.

• @tokeeffe9 Take your time and explore everywhere you can, every place has a story to tell. It's an amazing game.

• I've played another 6-7 hours of Deus Ex since my last post so I'd like to let out a few brief thoughts.

The game feels huge. The last thing I did was go into the shooting range and basically understand more mechanics. So I still feel like I'm only scratching the surface.

I've found myself going from one side mission to the other so far. I covered most of the area I started out in I feel and only used the subway to another part of Prague last night. So honestly, it's all a bit overwhelming and I love that.

I made a point in the Dishonored 2 topic, saying that I used to say that game controlled well in comparison to Deus Ex and that now I think Dishonored has some control issues. Well, I wasn't too far off still. They're not worth comparing but man I do find Deus Ex to be a bit of a mess to control. There are so many differnt inputs to open different menus, holster weapons, cover next to a wall. I find myself expecting to do one thing and then doing something completely different. Now I know I'm still early but I don't think this opinion will change. The game has a complicated control setup (playing on PS4).

And the other thing kind of applies to the above criticism. The game has some serious jank. I spent a solid 5 minutes moving a bin onto a car, trying to jump on the bin and get into the vent above. It was an absolute pain, he just would not climb on that bin half the time and then his jump to the vent would be restricted. It was frustrating.

Now to preface this one, I'm a big souls fan, I love the rag doll physics in that game, I've a good laugh about them. However in a stealth game (while still funny), you need to be able to move bodies around and not have to worry about them getting stuck or not being able to place them correctly. This hasn't affected me gameplay wise yet but I feel like it's only a matter of time because it came really close last night.

Anyway, it's all very early stuff yet and the criticism is just me being exactly that, critical. I'm having a blast with the game and look forward to my next session.

(Maybe not as brief as I thought)

• The clunkiest thing about Mankind Divided was how you would be detected unless you activated both invisibility and muted footsteps while dashing across a scene. However, actually doing that drained all of your power even if you had invested in power. I don't know how they thought that was supposed to work, because the result is invisibility is super weak in this game.

That's why Skyrim's forgiving stealth is still my favorite compared to all of these self-described stealth games. You can cast muffle, or invisibility, or just sneak around normally and it's not so hypersensitive that your sneaky approach will fail often and throw you into open combat which your build probably isn't effective at. I wish more stealth games were fun like that or at least had a setting, especially open world ones like MGS. Even Fallout 4 got the stealth wrong by making it hypersensitive.