Nioh Beta Bois

• @ZyloWolfBane If you wear all L / N / H armor it changes your armor class and ability to dodge. I've found the dual katanas much more effective with light armor (less stamina spent).

• @Haru17 said in Nioh Beta Bois:

@ZyloWolfBane If you wear all L / N / H armor it changes your armor class and ability to dodge. I've found the dual katanas much more effective with light armor (less stamina spent).

Yup, I think there's a stat to help with stamina loss on dodge as well.

• @ZyloWolfBane I feel like there are too many attacks that are undodgable, which is why I turtled with a guarding strat. Have you had success trying to play this game without guarding and using lighter armor?

• @Whoaness said in Nioh Beta Bois:

@ZyloWolfBane I feel like there are too many attacks that are undodgable, which is why I turtled with a guarding strat. Have you had success trying to play this game without guarding and using lighter armor?

Yessir, stupid as it sounds, try playing the first level with no armor at all. None. And you'll see a huge difference on your dodging and how the heavier armor gimps your dodging.

Even the boss I'm stuck on, Tachibana Muneshige, ALL of his moves can be dodged through with light/no armor once you get the timing down.

• @ZyloWolfBane The first level boss does this 360 sweep attack that I tried to dodge through, but still got hit.

I kinda gave up playing, since it's a demo and I probably already played 15 hours of it, but I might go back and try a dodge only playthrough of the first level.

• @Whoaness said in Nioh Beta Bois:

@ZyloWolfBane The first level boss does this 360 sweep attack that I tried to dodge through, but still got hit.

I kinda gave up playing, since it's a demo and I probably already played 15 hours of it, but I might go back and try a dodge only playthrough of the first level.

I find that one is better to dodge backwards for.

Usually that overhead swing is always followed by the 360 spin, never commit to an attack until after that 360 happens, run in attack, back out.

• @ZyloWolfBane @Whoaness Exactly that. You have to learn that ogre guy usually follows up with the half-circle spin. It's more like Monster Hunter in that respect. Anyway, I recommend spear for that fight. Anything will work, but reach is pretty key. You can stunlock 'im for a moment, but only a moment.

• Don't forget to donate your junk at the shrines. You'll earn lots of useful items like extra elixirs and arrows.

• I've played the shit out of it. Loving it. I was kind of down on the previous beta, or alpha, whatever it was, because I really hated the durability system. Without that, it's pretty great.

I'm going to have to try out some more weapons, because I fell in love with the spear and have been using that non-stop. I'm currently doing twilight stuff to get levels because the last boss is a fucking nightmare. Aggressive as hell and hits like a damn train. I got it on video when I tried to swipe his legs with entangle and he literally did a flip over my attack and killed me. Hilarious.

Also, elixirs drop pretty frequently once you find enough kodama to upgrade the drop chance to +15%

The only thing I wish is that it had more weapon variety. I get that since every weapon has 3 stances that changes a lot, but the skill trees still feel bare bones. Maybe there's a lot missing. Also I wish there were more different combos. Right now, for my spear, I have 3 actual combos. The kick in mid and low stance, the monkey jump in low stance, and the Ki Pulse knockback when you time the R1 in high stance. That's it.

And we only get 4 weapon classes. Katana, Dualwielding Katana, Spear, and Axe. Could have been nice with another polearm class, like a naginata or a nagamaki or something like that. There is one unused slot though, so who knows?

Also, pro tip: the Archer set has good paralyze protection. If you've gotten that far, you'll know why I mention this.

• Pretty sad we're only getting a single stream out of this beta.
    Beta made me go from wait and see to def day 1 buy.
    Hope more allies got the chance to play and speak about it on Frame Trap.

• I downloaded it, but then I thought that replaying the same stage(s?) from teh Alpha, just to replay them again in the full game could be counterproductive for my enjoyment, as I played the Alpha quite a lot and know that stage in and out. I ahve already decided to buy this game.

• @Musou-Tensei said in Nioh Beta Bois:

I downloaded it, but then I thought that replaying the same stage(s?) from teh Alpha, just to replay them again in the full game could be counterproductive for my enjoyment, as I played the Alpha quite a lot and know that stage in and out. I ahve already decided to buy this game.

Only the first level is the same, though.

• i really enjoyed the beta cant wait till release hope i dont get lords of the fallened on this but i dont think i will