Emergency PSA: Castle of Illusion remake leaving digital stores tomorrow

• Figured here would be the best place to post this, but yeah. Disney's Castle of Illusion is LEAVING Steam, PSN, and XBL's stores tomorrow. Game's currently on sale so if you're interested, final chance. (you'll still be able to download, play, and redownload the game after it's removed from sale if you're unaware)

• Kinda sucks since I am completely out of money until 2 days from now (since I had to lend some money to a friend) and I had plans on getting it. Meaning I'll never be able to play it. Oh well, guess I'll have to stick to the original classic I own.

But you'd think they could have gone out with this a little sooner.

• Things like this are why I buy every game I possibly can physically.

• Noticed that the game is on a super sale on Steam at the moment, 85% off.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/227600/

@DeweyDTruman said in Emergency PSA: Castle of Illusion remake leaving digital stores tomorrow:

Things like this are why I buy every game I possibly can physically.

The problem here (and with numerous other games) is that they're only avaliable online as downloadable titles. That said physical copies is indeed preferable.

• It's also free via Amazon Underground. Granted you'll be stuck playing it on your phone.

• @DeweyDTruman It's only disappearing from being sold digitally. People who own a digital copy can still play it normally. The physical equivalent of this would be old, hard to find games that sell for hundreds of dollars now.

Not really an appropriate time to start a physical versus digital debate since this situation wouldn't be any better if the game was sold physically.

• But digital is the future!!!!!!!

@Mbun
    No, big difference, once this is gone, it's gone, no one can buy it anymore, unless they bring it back eventually, later generations might not be able to play this game. With physical, even if it's an expensive rare game, you still have that option.

• Thanks for the heads up Chaos. Just brought it just to have for when the time comes that I'll want to play it.

• @Musou-Tensei You could argue you could still buy someone's system or account with the game bought, making it no different.