Persona 5 The Day Breakers

• The "prologue" special for Persona 5's anime was just simulcast on Crunchyroll. Personally it seems more like a side story than a prologue. What did you think?

I cried. I legitimately cried tears of hype. And I clapped when it was over. I am 10 times more pumped for the show and the game.

• How long is it?

• I just don't know what to do!!!!!

I'm trying to dial down my hype, because I can't keep this much excitement until february.

Should I watch or not? does it have anything one might call a spoiler?

• @TokyoSlim 30 mins.

• @bard91 Depends on what you already know. Outside of what's already been shown in PV trailers, there's one character reveal (though they don't go super in depth with them).But that character's been shown a lot in the live streams so I don't know that they are a spoiler.

• I've watched all the trailers, but I've been in a soft media blackout for about a month, pretty much since they showed the first minutes of gameplay (which I haven't watched).

• @bard91 Then I'd say the only things that would be spoilers are one character, and some context as to the protag's living situation. Probably some context in general. It's hard to say what all are spoilers and what's not since nothing was spoiled for me, but I've gone full in on the live streams and other promotions. If you want to risk it, it's a great special.

• @michemagius I presume that by living arragenment you mean

Living with Futaba and her dad

and if there's someone else relevant to the story that appears, that hasn't been shown in the trailers, that makes me think I wouldn't wanna see it, but I would like to see what others think, I would go to the P5 reddit but I've found it to be a spoiler minefield recently.

• I take it it's not dubbed yet?

• @Haru17 Not dubbed but subbed.

• @bard91 Might be worth it to start a Persona 5 thread here.

• @michemagius Alternatively, someone could start a "Weeabo Palace" thread where we talk about 15, P5, and new Zelda.

• @Haru17 You're tempting me.

• Well, that was the best anime episode I've watched in a while. It's Avengers x Code Geass, complete with ridiculous twists and the equalizing power of handguns.

• @Haru17 said in Persona 5 The Day Breakers:

Well, that was the best anime episode I've watched in a while. It's Avengers x Code Geass, complete with ridiculous twists and the equalizing power of handguns.

This is not helping me :'(

I'll probably give in after watching One Piece's new episode tonight.

• Speaking of twists...Was anyone else surprised by the persona typings?

I thought that Captain Kidd and Goemon's typings would be reversed. But I can understand them.

• @bard91 I really doubt this spoils much for the game. Except how the personas and dungeons work, I guess. And then not even that.

I'm curious, do the rest of you think red-hair will even be in the game?

• I saw this today, but wasn't really feeling it. I'd just finished binge-watching 13 episodes of ReLife, so might not have been in the right mood for P5.

It just like... jumps right in without any real backstory or anything. All the MC seem to already know each other, and they already have their persona. I thought that was a little weird for the first episode. The style is there, but not as over the top as what I've seen in the game trailers so far, I heard a few music cues familiar from the trailers and vids, and the Persona look nuts. I'm not sure much got spoiled if you've seen all the trailers. But there's probably something...

That being said, anyone who really got into the relationships and friendships in P4 should check out ReLife if you haven't already. I thought it was really great.

• @TokyoSlim Games are never going to work out as flashy as their trailers, just ask Jones.

• Just watch it, I loved it and it has brought a lot of things to my mind, but mostly it reminded me that I really need it to be february 14th already.

The only thing that was spoilery for me was the

having a sort of social platform, which makes me think that Futaba is already involved in some way with the group at this point in the story

I'm hoping that Goro's role is not as similar to Naoto's as it seems to be, at least from what I've seen.

And I loved Morgana, the thing that I'm wondering is if this actually is supposed to be canon

Based on what Igor said at the very end

I guess it also kind of spoiled to me what it is exactly what they do, but I already had pretty much that idea.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.