Marks of shame

• Wild Arms Alter Code f. This has been in the back of my mind and bothering me for years. I played it, love the game,.I got to the last dungeon and was stumped by a puzzle, turned the game off planning on getting to it later, and ended up losing my memory card... It's eating away at my soul.

• Yeah, I never finished Borderlands The Pre-Sequel. I was so excited about it, and just didn't. It's kinda embarrassing, even if you don't like the game. I was seriously hyped and then just stopped one day and never went back.

• FFIX :( I finished the entire game, just not Kuja as final boss... then i lost my PS1 memory card along with the save games of Chrono Cross, FFVII, FFVIII, i tried to play it again in PS3 and PSP but it didn't feel the same thing...

• Oh man...
    FFXIII; I got halfway thru the game, realized it sucked, but I kept going just to see the ending. After a long - painful 6 hour stretch, I got to the final boss, beat him, got the trophy, then my PS3 bricked. Worse, I lost my save files, so I have to play all the way through that game...again just to see the stupid ending. It really is not worth a second playthrough.

• I guess I'll keep the FF train running. Played FFXII quite a bit and enjoyed my time with it. Made it pretty far. Made my way up a gigantic tower and fought a couple of bosses, I thought it was the end of the game.

It wasn't, it was followed by some downtime in a relaxing location. Put the game down there and never felt compelled to pick it back up again.

• @Av8orGamer I had the same thing happen with the Pre-Sequel. I wonder if it's something in particular about that game, or maybe just too much of the exact same thing?
    Still love playing coop Borderlands 2 though.

• @Inustar said in Marks of shame:

I wonder if it's something in particular about that game, or maybe just too much of the exact same thing?

Oh yeah, I had just put over a hundred hours into BL2 and when I loaded up TPS, I just thought, oh yeah, this...

And that was that.

• I will finish Ico some day, damn it.

• @flower_arrangement Finally played / finished it last week ! The first 2 hours were really hard for me because of the controls and Yorda's AI. But the overall was worth it in the end (welp, didn't scream 'UEDA GENIUS' at my screen but still).

For me:

• I tried to play The Witcher 3 several times but I nope as soon as I open the map and see all the stuff to do (I know, I don't have to do all of the quests and collectibles, but I have to clean those maps!)
    • I own a PS4 and don't have Bloodborne
    • Since everyone talked about it this week: Never finished Beyond Good & Evil.
    • Bought 3 Mass Effect, played the first hour of the first, did something else quickly and never continued. I don't have the strength to put so many hours in it.

• @Maczime

I'm in that hard to re-pick up place of not being sure what I'm doing and slightly hating the controls. Ergh, when I have enough free days I'll do it, need to complete before Last Guardian comes out.

• Anyone who hasn't played Beyond Good & Evil should consider it a mark on their soul as a human being.

• @DMCMaster said in Marks of shame:

Anyone who hasn't played Beyond Good & Evil should consider it a mark on their soul as a human being.

I haven't actually finished it either :(

• @flower_arrangement I think both Ico and Shadow of the Colossus have some pretty janky controls and camera work. However, I think that even though those are some fairly major flaws, their incredible use of atmosphere, setting, tone, art direction, music, and minimalistic storytelling overshadow any and all issues that they have from a gameplay perspective. I suspect The Last Guardian will be the same. That said, I completely respect and understand why some people never finished either/both of those games, since yeah, sometimes the controls are so bad that the game gets frustrating to play. But man, do I think that those frustrations are worth it.