What is your favorite game and why?

• Warcraft 3 - The Frozen Throne.

The custom games are still industry-leading for innovation to this day. Mobile games, flash games, and even plenty of Sub-$30 games are still trying to compare to the quality of some of those custom games.

It also really solidified my passion for PC Gaming. The customization spoke to me.

• Braid ps3/xbox360/pc/mac
    Because it was the first time I felt that I was playing more than a game. There's themes of love lost and looking back at relationships and romanticizing them, but it's all very poetic and subtle. I played this game while I was in a similar situation so it hit home. The end "level" is pure genius and hit me in the balls like no other moment in a video game ever did. Besides that, the puzzle platforming was also pretty damn hard at times but I never looked at a walkthrough, so there's the pride in that also. Anyway, great game, it gets lumped together with Limbo a lot of times as the 1st batch of popular "indie" games, but Limbo, while good, isn't even in the same league as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, other than that:
    Portal 1 & 2
    Super Mario Bros
    Tetris
    Donkey Kong Country
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Gran Turismo 1
    Colin McRae Rally
    Tenchu
    Street Fighter 2 Turbo
    Tekken 3
    Super Mario Kart & Mario Kart DS
    The Last of Us
    Heavy Rain
    Hitman 2
    Uncharted 2
    Excite Truck
    Wii Sports (yup)

Disclaimer, I'm a casual, but I've been a casual since the NES, so yeah, it's something!

• Probably Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. It was my first JRPG, had plenty of humor I still find funny to this day, and being a 7 year old with the ability to play as Bowser was bad ass lol.

Another 2 options I might say are Majora's Mask, and Dragon Quest 7. Both for the superb context and atmosphere. 7 may have used the same 10 character models, but damn could it build a world... literally lol

• The Original Deus Ex

alt text

Because this is text book example of how to make a game. Immersive FPS/RPG hybrid with one of the best storyline ever, Untouchable level design and atmosphere.

• Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

My teenager heart wasnt ready for this

• @KingofDMC Just buy a PSTV, hell I think gamestop sells them for like $20 now. Sync up a Dualshock 4, and your good to go

• alt text

Scholar Of The First Sin.

Became an incredibly personal game for me, with a story which continues to fascinate and ignite me, dancing back and forth with very real world stuff which became a huge part of the experience.

Beyond that, the fascinating development process - spotlighting the sheer genius of Yui Tanimura. A man who not only came onboard to rescue a broken game and get it shipped on time, but as solo director created some of Souls very finest levels as the Three Crowns Trilogy DLC. Still refusing to let the game go Tanimura continued with Scholar, remixing enemy placements, story, continuity, as well as introducing the character of the Scholar himself.

I continue to be utterly smitten with it.

alt text

But never forgetting the magnificence of Demon's Souls.

Still a terrifying enigma, with stunning design work and a world which pushes needles into me whenever I play it.

I've been here since importing the US Special Edition all those many moons ago, and I still can't quite get the measure of Miyazaki's first Souls game.

• alt text

Because it changed my perspective on life itself through the Paragon/Renegade system: I chose to be more Paragon in real life because of this trilogy. I had never cared more for video game characters than I did in this game, and I wanted them to be well. So I played Paragon, and then I felt that in real life I was being too much of an asshole (read: Renegade) at that time. So I chose to change that. It made me a better person, and that's not something any other game achieved for me.

• I really couldn't say.

The game I completed the most often is by far Super Mario 64 (still do a 120 playthrough every year), but I wouldn't necessarily call it my "favourite game". I suppose I'll answer Mount and Blade: Warband, but reserve the right to change my mind at any time.

• My Favorite game is Halo. That is the game that brought back to console gaming. The music and the open vistas on the Halo ring at the time were beautiful. The epic 4 vs 4 battles under one roof . I can almost remember the screams.

• I'm going with The Witcher series, if I'm nitpicking on which in particular, it would of course be the The Wild Hunt. I read the books, and played the games, so I gained an affinity for the lore of that world, and the characters that are in it. The Witcher 3, to me, felt alive. I love the little notes you could find on enemies or in camps that, while weren't always necessary to read, added to the "life" the game had. The weather, way you could customize your appearance with armor and hairstyles, the choices you make that influence change in the story. I also love all the nods to the books and the first two games you find.

• I like League of Legends. I playing in it since summer. I bought cheap lvl 30 lol account here http://gamestore.live/lol-accounts/cheapest-level-30/so now my virtual life is very interesting

• Guardian Heroes for the Sega Saturn.
    Fast paced beat em up with light RPG mechanics, a nonlinear story with branching paths and multiple endings, combat more akin to a fighting game, and a sweet anime art style.

Sometimes this switches place with Super Mario RPG and the first Dead Space, bur mostly its Guardian Heroes.

• Final Fantasy 6 is my old standby "number 1 game", and I think the characters are really why it has stuck with me so strongly. The character development and stories feel surprisingly mature, yet without as much heavy visual presentation and the dialogue excess of more modern games . They express all the emotion through a variety of animations done with very small sprites. It's incredibly endearing at times.

The game itself is also totally broken in both good and bad ways, but I've gotten so used to it. The battle system is a very big net positive for me, even though I'm not sure why it works for me.

How about having a top 3 list as well:

1. Final Fantasy 6
    2. Perfect Dark
    3. Resident Evil 4

Dark Souls, F-Zero GX and Soul Blazer are probably the next 3.

• Its hard to pick just one, but i think Zelda BOTW became it. Its the closest thing to the game i always dreamed of and it`s really close to that "project ego" Peter Molyneux was talking about years ago.

It`s baffling how many systems are built and interact upon each other.
    In 90% of games when i see a tree, i just see it as a visual element.
    In Botw i see:

1. Something i can climb to have a better view of the surroundings
    2. A source of food with fruits
    3. A source of wood to burn for fire (and fire can be used in many ways in this game)
    4. If cut and thrown into a river, a tree could be a fortune boat.
      etc. etc. etc.

No games that i can think of allows me this much and with this level of polish.

• My heart wants to say Ocarina of Time. I rented it from Blockbuster 3 times before my parents caved in and purchased it. I couldn't believe that games could be like that. I was blown away by a wide open world with multiple towns, genuinely challenging puzzles, many secrets, time travel and a story I cared about.

However, my brain wants to say Command and Conquer, I probably wouldn't be a software engineer if it wasn't for C&C. It was the first game I modded. It got me into PC's and figuring out how to make things on PCs bend to my will. Now, when I watch Mr Robot, I'm like, 'oh I know how to do that'.