Video Game Comfort Food

• As people with different backgrounds and lifestyles, all of us probably have different games we consider comfort foods. These are games we return to and play for 15 minutes or maybe an hour or longer when you want to play something, but aren't sure exactly what you want to play. Maybe you're just waiting in between releases and have your go-to games that always tide you over.

My recent comfort foods over the past 2 years have been :

-Dead or Alive 5: Last Round
    -Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare(soon to be Garden Warfare 2 as I haven't gotten it yet)
    -Battlefield 4

• Persona 3 Portable, Okami, the newest Pokemon, and Picross 3D.

• FIFA for me. Except it's become a problem, because I tend to always end up playing that instead of other games, and it's not helping my backlog.

Otherwise, Nintendo games I regularly go back to these days: Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, Super Mario Maker.

• @Axel

Man, years ago on 3DS, Mario Kart 7 used to be my go-to game.

• Global Moderator

This is a nice thread!

I have had a bit of a gaming dryspell lately where I havnt played anything at all, even though Ive started to pick up more games now.

I must say that my Vita really are a good "go to" machine. On the train to work or just having 20 minutes to kill. Playing some flower, Olli Olli 2 or Escape Plan.

On my PS4 I really started to enjoy Race the sun. Fun, easy and since the leveles change each day it keeps feeling fresh.

• Mine are TF2 and Quake Live

• Space Channel 5 (Parts 1 and 2) and Project DIva as well.

• I don't really have that.

• I would probably have to say Destiny.

If anything is really going on that I just want to relax from, I usually pop in Destiny and just grind away at the checklist.

Bloodborne got it's hooks in me pretty deep to the point where it almost became that but I have yet to go back and finish the game. Once I do, I want to dive into Dark Souls.

Maybe those might become my new comfort food.

• I can't think of anything recent, but in the past I'd say Halo, Bioshock, CoD4 mp, Battlefield 4 mp, Black Ops Zombies and Mario Kart (especially gameboy versions) were probably pretty comfy games for me at one point. Im sure there's more I'm forgetting too