What's Your Most Memorable Boss Fight Allies?

• I know picking the Best Boss fight you've ever had can be hard Allies so i would love to know which Boss Fight most stuck with you for whatever reason. The Boss fight doesn't have to be Perfect or even that great, hell it can even be one of the First Bosses in a game if you want. All it has to do was just stick with you for some reason.

For me the first one that comes to mind is the Sisters of Fate Boss Battle in God of War 2.

Man...This Fight was insane, throughout the whole game these sisters have just been F*&king with you the entire time so by the time i got to this fight i was ready to take them down. but up until this point you have not seen the other 2 sisters, just the one super beautiful bitchy one. Plus they have built themselves up to be invisible because they can CONTROL FATE! So you are literally Fighting FATE!!! So much Hype in this Fight.

Just the First Sister Battle ALONE could have been enough! just Her alone is so amazing. She does all kinds of attacks on you and there is even a Ganon fireball hit back and forth system which just raises the Epicness so much! But then the second sister comes out and she takes you back to the final boss fight of GoW1! After you beat the second sister then you have to fight both sisters at once!!! ending in one of the most epic FU kind of finisher moments when you trap both sisters in time. So amazing and ill never forget it....not to mention when you see the last sister...that will stick with you Forever!

• I don't know if it's my most memorable, but my first victory over the Nameless King in DS3 was SO good. He was kicking my ass for what seemed like forever, then FINALLY, I beat him without getting hit once. It was that classic "Dark Souls Moment" where everything you learned just clicks together. Awesome and one of the reasons why I love the Souls games.

• For me, it's a fight in a game I only somewhat liked, haha.

The freaking Jet Bahamat (final battle) in Final Fantasy XIII-2, wasn't the hardest boss fight ever, but it was a STRUGGLE. Normally I get max everything in RPGs, but I was kindof over FFXIII-2 by the end, so I went into this fight quite underlevelled and ungeared, and MAN I was not expecting it to be a serious fight.

This fight took me 3 tries, the last of which took THIRTY MINUTES, to wear it down - but at all times, it was constantly on-edge, because if I played poorly, I would be totally instagibbed. I had to be ON. POINT. with switching paradigms the whole time, and it was insane when GigaFlare ticked down.

Man, that fight was awesome - I actually thuroughly enjoyed it and I wish there were more bosses in FF games which require real skill to beat (though in this case, I kindof did it to myself by going in underlevelled).

• For me it has to be the first time I beat the final boss fight in MGS 4. (Video Link). It was around 3am when I reached it and I'd drank enough wine to be in a nice "emotional state" so as the intro to the fight slowly builds and the camera sweeps around Liquid and Old Snake I got really into it. I was a great call back to the ending of the first MGS game were my journey with the franchise began.

So I started the fight, a couple of tears forming in my eye. I got Liquid's health down and then things switched to MGS 3 health bars, music and character movement. I just lost it. The end of MGS 4 gameplay wise is a methodical step back through the series, full of the memories I had for those games. It was perfect!

Then my flatmate walked into the lounge wondering what all the noise I was making about. He found me crying at two old men (one of which was topless!) slowly punching each other to death and grabbing each other in homoerotic grapples. I tried explaining the gravitas of the situation to him but he wasn't buying it...

The Ladder Boss in MGS 3 is also another highlight!

• @thenerdtheword I understand your words Brother! I was in the same Boat during that final struggle! You are not a True Fan of Metal Gear if you didn't have a few Man Tears during that final Fight! Respect!

• It just has to be the final fight in Final Fantasy VII. It still gives me goosebumps when I rewatch it :)

Youtube Video

• @marcel Dood! I still Remember When i First saw Sephiroth Use Super Nova as a kid i thought the game was over! I mean he Destroyed the entire solar system for crying out load! I was actually surprised that my team lived through it. (actually only Cloud was left standing)

• I remember my first time fighting Ultimecia on FF8... I just brute forced the fight without having Lionheart on Squall (I had his second best weapon on him...punisher?) and without having Eden, because it was my first time playing the game, and I refuse to use any guides on my first playthroughs on games. Anyways, in the last form, I had only Zell and Squall alive, and I managed to pull amazing combo on Zell's Limit Break, and that was enough to win the fight. Afterwards when I read some guides on how to win the fight, I laughed, Hard.

• @jipostus Totally forgot about that one :) Epic!

• Global Moderator

Most recent example has to be Martyr Logarius for me.

I was at a perfect level for him really and my insight was at about 80 so he could dodge my shots. I'm also a sucker for melee based bosses in the From Software games.

Anyway I'd fought this guy about 10 times I reckon but I didn't want to finish up until I beat him. Everytime I fought him, I just learned that little bit more (like destroying the flying daggers attack) and it was just so rewarding , actually learning so much and becoming a better player. Because of that experience, I'll always remember that boss fight now above any other in all the Bloodborne or Souls series.

• Final Fantasy 7, Mt. Nibelheim Mako Reactor, Giant Spider that cast the lightning element enemyskill "Trine".

It's memorable to me because it was the first boss in the game that I struggled with - progressing through the game with little to no grinding, and probably overlooking some essential strategies. There was a sense of anxiety and awe being beat by it, and finally the achievement besting it afterwards. Probably akin to beating a boss in the Souls series. Definitely sprinkled with nostalgia. A fond gameplay memory of FF7.

• The third or so boss in The Shadow of the Colossus, atop a giant plateau. The feeling of being truely dwarfed by a skyscraper of a boss. His giant club-sword tossing me head over heels even when he missed. Then, finally ascending the thing, jumping through all the hoops, and ending it all. Sending the towering monolith heavily towards the ground.
      Throughly awe inspiring game.

• Just came up in my head right now...The Final Fight in Undertale Genocide Run

Spoiler Fighting Sans was probably the most epic fight ever, even after dieing at least 60 times I could not give up! And then when I finally killed him I felt like I just survived a real fight to the death! And THAT MUSIC! o my god was that amazing

• DmC Devil May Cry's Bob Barbas is a more recent bossfight that really stands out to me. The design of the boss, the different attack patterns, the sounds and music... it just all came together for something really memorable, to me at least.

• My most memorable boss fight is Yiazmat from Final Fantasy XII. My brother and I (Mostly my brother) spent 12 hours fighting Yiazmat. We didn't look at a guide so we kind of had to brute force him. Because of gambits we didn't have to be actively playing the entire time, so we just left the PS2 on while we did other stuff. About every ten minutes the party would be wiped out, so my brother would go swap in the other three characters and revive the dead. That was a long day.

• One that always comes to mind for some reason is Gohma in Ocarina of Time.. that fight scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. The first time I played it I had to stop and come back to it a few days later :|

• I could really say all of Stretch Panic since that game is just one big boss rush, and all of the fights are unlike anything I've ever seen. But Demonica really stands out. That fight gave me nightmares, it still gives me nightmares. You don't even fight Demonica, you just have to try and keep her out of the room that you're in, since if she sees you, you die. Having to rush around attacking windows and trap doors, trying to track her movements through tiny holes in the wall, all the while looking to see if the image behind the stained glass window is that of a monster or a hanging girl when the lightning strikes, Jesus, its terrifying as a kid and hella creepy as an adult.

But really that whole game is pretty memorable. I don't think I've ever seen another game in which you have to defeat a giant jelly blob with lightning or beat a boss by literally rearranging its face.

• Icon of Sin, Doom II. No question.

Hardcore design and a memorable level, the best boss in the best Doom game. Nothing else really compares.

Best boss in recent memory is High Lord Wolnir from DS3. One of my favourite designs of all time even though the fight itself is very easy.

• Ugh, that Riku fight in Hollow Bastion, where he does all the warping. I was stuck on him for days until I finally quit for months. There is no other fight in which the sting of unskippable cutscenes is more sharply felt. ("DERE'S NU WAY UR TAKIN KAIRIS HEART!")

Came back 3 or 4 months later and beat him on my first try. Sometimes you just gotta take a break, I guess.

• I doubt it's what you were looking for, but the first thing that came to mind for me are the raid bosses from Destiny. I'd primarily played single-player games or multi-player games where you could play by yourself (shooters) until Destiny. It took me a good 6 months before I decided to finally brave the Destiny subreddit and find a group willing to take on someone with no raid experience. The fear I felt the first time I faced Atheon, getting teleported around and being so unsure of what I was supposed to do was intense. I didn't want to be the one to mess up!

On Crota, my most intense memory comes from the first time I decided to be the sword-bearer. Being the one actually dealing the damage while 5 other players watched from a distance... After the first sword I had to set my controller down and mute my mic while I tried to catch my breath. My hands were literally shaking when I finally downed him I was so nervous.

Say what you will about the game, but it allowed me to have some unforgettable experiences.

• The Big Arm boss from Sonic 3. I was 4 or 5 years old when I first tried this fight, and the music ALONE terrified me. I remember my dad trying to help me beat it, but I ultimately figured it out. It was an awesome feeling to nail that precise jump. :)

Love & Respect

Youtube Link to the Boss Fight Right Here