What games are you still planning on buying this year?

• I don't know about you guys but every now and again I'll look through what games are coming out soon and start deciding what I'll be getting day one. The fall, as we all know, is normally fairly nuts so I thought it'd be fun to go through all the games we're excited for and get eachother hyped and maybe even talk about some games that aren't on everyones radar. (Personal note, I only have a PS4 so if my list lacks your big Xbone/PC/Wiiu/3DS game thats why)

Darkest Dungeon
    Totally found this game through GameTrailers and backed their kickstarter. I got a copy of it on early access on Steam because I backed them but I just played a little to wet my appetite. Once I heard it was coming for PS4 I decided to wait till it was released there just because I don't really game on my PC. Game looks really cool still, always loved the art stlye and gameplay mechanics of your characters going insane and/or raising to the occasion.

Warhammer: End Times - Verminitide
    Sweet looking Co-Op FPS set in the warhammer universe. Think Left 4 Dead but set in medieval times and replace zombies with Rat people. Already out on PC but again I really just game on my PS4 #peasantproblems

Mafia 3
    I'm honestly just a sucker for open world games, still, even after the massive flood of them we've been getting. Kinda has a little bit of a Saints Row vibe to it for me, just in that you take over chunks of the map which I always get addicted to doing.

Watch Dogs 2
    Again, just a total sucker for open world games. This one tho is set in SF which is where I grew up so that really interested me and I also enjoyed the first Watch Dogs, mainly being able to complete objectives solely by hacking. Made it more of a puzzle game to me then your standard third person shooter.

FF XV
    I was sold when I first saw it as versus XIII, so glad it didn't get canned and the game itself seems promising. Going in with low expectations but I think I'll really enjoy this one, camping seems so peaceful and fun.

The Last Guardian
    Loved ICO and SotC, much like FF XV going in with low expectations due to the long dev cycle but just love the games these guys make. Hoping for the best.

So those are my big ones, there's a ton of games im on the fence about like Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, Gravity Rush 2 and Steep. Let me know what your excited for and why, might just have to add your game to my list.

Thanks fellow allies

• Day One Buys:

Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
    Final Fantasy XV
    Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
    Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkuhni
    Steins;Gate Zero
    Paper Mario: Color Splash
    Shadow Warrior 2
    Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky
    World of Final Fantasy
    Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization
    Dishonored 2
    Syberia 3
    Gravity Rush 2
    The Last Guardian

Later in the year/Early next year

Mafia III
    Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
    MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death
    Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors
    Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness
    Root Letter
    Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls

• @Sheria said in What games are you still planning on buying this year?:

Steins;Gate Zero

Hey Sheria, Steins;Gate Zero, that game is in the 999 series, no? You seem to be up on your Japan dev games. This isn't the next game from VanillaWare is it? I thought they were making some mech game or something that had a name like Steins Gate Zero but I have a feeling im completely off...

• Nevermind, it's 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim that I'm thinking of, had to look it up. Has anyone heard anything about that game?!??

• These are what I hope to buy before the year ends

Battlefield 1 - Probably day one for me.. I need a good multiplayer shooter
    Last Guardian
    Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4
    No Man's Sky - waiting for a price drop
    Dark Souls 3 - late to the party

That's probably it.. at least for my top priority games

• South Park the Fractured But Whole is probably the only game I plan to be for the rest of the year, and that would make along with Stardew Valley the only games released this year that I actually bought this year.

Backlog is large enough as it is, so I'm not in any rush to add more games to the pile, I usually just come back to them later.

• @bard91
    Totally going to get Stardew Valley when it comes out on PS4. Whenever that is...

• I wrote out a release calendar for myself and the only things on it this year are anime and;

-Rise of the Tomb Raider
    -Skyrim
    -Dishonored 2
    -Pokemon Moon
    -Final Fantasy XV
    -Gravity Rush 2
    -The Last Guardian

Out of those I'm definitely the most excited for Gravity Rush 2.

alt text

My body is ready.

• Final fantasy 15
    Nhl 17

these are the only for sures this year

• Pre-Ordered:
    MeiQ
    ReCore
    Trails of Cold Steel 2
    Superdimension Neptunia vs Sega Hard Girls
    Valkyrie Drive
    Final Fantasy XV

Planned:
    Fate/Extella
    World of Final Fantasy
    Dragon Quest Builders
    Gravity Rush 2
    Akiba Beat (if 2016)

Maybe:
    Dragon Quest VII (depends on how well it's localized)
    Pokemon Sun (I'm very unsure with this one, almost none of the new Pokemon they have shown appealed to me)

• Pre-ordered:

FFXV
    Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

Want but will wait for black friday: (specially because game prices spiked here in Brazil recently)

Titanfall 2
    Gravity Rush 2
    The Last Guardian
    Uncharted 4 (didn´t got it because I was ocupied when it was released.. and I never got too hyped about it.. for sure Im gona get it some day.. but no rush.. I can wait for a sale)
    Tomb Rider 2
    Destiny Complete (never been a big FPS fan but they are growing on me latelly.. if it gets cheap enough.. I got some friends still playing.. allways calling me to get the game.. this time I might )

probably gona pick 2 or 3 depending on the prices and the "economy"

oh and some indies like:

Hyper light drifter
    bound
    mother russia bleeds
    Jotun

• Well, I don't know. Everything gets delayed so who knows when we'll be able to buy anything nowadays. Saltiness aside, here is what I've got on my radar that has a 2016 release date (as of 9/15):

Gears of War 4: Gears has been my go-to franchise on the Xbox so this is a day one buy. I'm intrigued with what the Coalition is doing but I'm going in with no expectations. I hope the campaign is good, as that is what I'm getting it for. I'll try Horde, but it and multiplayer are not my things.

Final Fantasy XV: Being a long time FF fan, I was stoked when XIII and Versus XIII were announced. Then I played XIII. I was so disappointed, I swore off the series's future with the exception of seeing how Versus XIII played out. Now we all know what it has become and so I'm morbidly curious about this game. If it doesn't pan out, I'm done with future FF. If it does, I will look forward to XVI in about 10 years.

Dishonored 2: While the original gets a lot of praise (and deservedly so), I feel that it hasn't gotten enough. Not to stand against who just don't like the game, but I really find the concepts of the original fascinating. So now I'm looking forward to this game's release with an eager eye on Dunwall and Kanaca.

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4): Thanks to a friend's recommendation, I tried the reboot and really enjoyed it. Because of my console preferences to my gaming style, I wanted to hold off until this version releases. I'm interested to see for myself how this differs from its predecessor, but I'm hopeful it will be just as good.

Titanfall 2: Got Titanfall with the promise of friends getting it and playing with me. Only one did, and did so sparingly. I cannot stand multiplayer only games, despite Titanfall's solid mechanics. Enter the single player campaign for the sequel and actually having a dedicated story that we can follow outside of a corner window we can't look at in the midst of fighting. So I'll get this, but I'm barely going to dabble in multiplayer.

Everything else I'm interested in is 2017 or unknown. Oh well. Here's to hoping I'll get to play those games sometime soon!

• It's weird how much of my money Squeenix is getting this year.

World of Final Fantasy LE

FInal Fantasy XV DE

Steep

NieR Automata

• I never tried it, but I really want PSVR. After hearing people's impressions I really want to believe this thing will transport me to places I could never go before. If I find it, I'm probably going to pick it up.

I will buy The Last Guardian at launch to show my support.

Other than that I can wait for most other games due to my endless backlog.

• @TokyoSlim Sadly Nier is 2017, I'd defnitively be getting that if it released this year

• Definitely Rise of Iron (today's trailer got me pretty pumped.)
    Dishonored 2
    Gears of War 4

I think those are my only day one buys unless I get a new job and can splurge. I'm keeping an eye on Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1. Never played a final fantasy, but I am definitely interested.

• @ForevAloneGamer Tomb Raider sequel was really good, I hope it gets the acknowledgement it deserves this year with the rerelease. And I'll be you can get the destiny collection for pretty cheap if you wait a couple of weeks after rise of iron. Even 60 is a really good deal at this point for everything in there. There'll be like 30 multiplayer maps for example. You should join the easy allies clan at bungie.net if you're looking for people to play with, the game is far better with friends

• Gravity Rush 2
    Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse
    The Last Guardian
    Final Fantasy XV

Man, I wish both Persona 5 and Nier Automata released this year. :(

PS: people, please, please play Gravity Rush 2, it's a god damn masterpiece.

• February 2017 is gonna be nuts

• @bard91 Ah damn it, Amazon still has it at Dec 29.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.