What games are you still planning on buying this year?

• Banned

@Black-Cell It looks like it can keep me busy for a while until the real good games comes out.

@matt said in What games are you still planning on buying this year?:

@BabyfartsMcgeezaks
    Thanks for the nostalgia tip. I don't remember the Mickey Mouse game for PS1 that you're referring to. Looks pretty good. Mickey has a history of some great 2D platformers. My personal favorite being The Magical Quest starring Mickey. That was a surprisingly cool game.

No problem! I enjoyed it as a kid and the art style is cool. I think it's the only mickey game I've played but so I wouldn't know but if that's true, it's a shame they abandoned the 2D platforming.

@Faaip said in What games are you still planning on buying this year?:

@BabyfartsMcgeezaks I keep forgetting about Rising Storm 2.. I can't wait for that game

Me neither man, I really hope it comes out this year.

• Up. I just checked my list of games for the end of the year and November is going to hurt.

For October, I will pick Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4 for sure (it's funny how it was almost an ambassador of the PS4 Pro during the PlayStation meeting but the game is out a month before the console).

November: Dishonored 2, Final Fantasy XV an Gravity Rush 2. Oh and probably a PS4 Pro with FF XV. Better be good boy, you'll cost me 450 bucks.

Also waiting for reviews: The Last Guardian. And I'm still torn between Mafia III & Watch_Dogs 2 (but more hyped for the last one).

• Updated list

Trails of cold steel 2
    Final fantasy 15
    Nhl 17
    World of final fantasy
    after a price drop or good deal Dragon quest builders

• I only planned to buy South Park, so when that was moved to 2017, i thought I wouldn't be getting anything new for the rest of the year, but man I'm getting so hyped for Civ 6, so I think I'm definitively going for that

• For me it's just the following;

• Gears of War 4
    • Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

After them I'm going to do a second playthrough of The Witcher 3 which will pretty much take me until the end of the year given how huge the game is.

2017 is looking pretty good though.

• Dragon Quest Builders
    Dishonored 2
    The Last Guardian
    Shantae (if it comes out this year)

I want to pick up FFXV, but I won't have the time to commit to that game until February rolls around, so I may hold off.

• @bard91 Aw, I hadn't heard it was delayed... Always that double-edged sword, where it's good to polish it more but sad to wait longer.

• I was always planning on picking it up but after seeing some more of Dishonored 2 I'm really excited for it. I'll also be playing my first ever Final Fantasy when 15 comes out.

• Mafia 3
    Dragon Quest Builders
    CoD: Infinite Warfare
    Rise Of The Tomb Raider
    Watch Dogs 2
    The Last Guardian
    Final Fantasy XV
    World Of Final Fantasy
    Pokemon Sun/Moon

I'm also buying PSVR but haven't decided what games I'm getting for that yet (other than Driveclub VR because it's going cheap for season pass holders).

• FF XV
    No Man's Sky (If there is a Black Friday sale)
    Pokemon Moon
    Whatever I end up getting for Christmas.

Small list but I got a huge backlog to work on so this is a good time to save some money lol.

• I don't even know. Maybe nothing? At least as a brand new release. South Park would have been the one to pick up, but now it comes on Q1/2017.

There's just not that many interesting titles to my taste, it seems. Well, The Last Guardian is a BIG question mark, maybe I'll get that, it depends on the reviews. And Mafia III is like 50/50: I'm not gonna pay the full price for it, but maybe there's a December sale or something.

The Walking Dead: Season 3 is something I just remembered. That's propably one thing I'll get.

It's more likely I'll buy some older games I've been meaning to get, like Lego Marvel's Avengers or something.

• DAY ONE:
    Mafia III: The EZA previews convinced me of getting this day one instead of waiting.
    Rise of the Tomb Raider: Been waiting over a Year for this game.
    Playstation VR: VR IS HERE
    Return to Arkham: Loved these games, can't wait to platinum Asylum again.
    Playstation 4 Pro: I'm a pro gamer :P
    Final Fantasy XV: This is going to be my first Final Fantasy game since VII.
    The Last Guardian: I've been waiting years for this.
    Hellblade: Still slated for a 2016 release, my most anticipated game for this end of year release (I hope)
    Metal Gear Survive: MGSV Phantom Pain was my GOTY in 2015 so this is a no brainer.

Most likely wait for a sale:
    WWE 2K17
    Batman VR (might need to play the demo first)
    EVE Vakyrie(might need to play the demo first)
    RIGS(might need to play the demo first)
    Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare: most likely get this because of the VR component.
    Battlefield 1: Want to get this for the story but doesn't look that interesting
    Dragonball Xenoverse 2: I really want this game but looks the same as DBX1
    Batman Telltale: I'm in 2 minds to get this. On one hand it's Batman and the other it's another Telltale game.

• Banned

The only game I'll be playing for the rest of the year is Final Fantasy XV. I pre-ordered it awhile ago.

I'll probably put a shit ton of hours into it. The same way I put a shit ton of hours into TW3.

• @Art After reading through the playlist I feel like half my playtime will be just cruising around and listening to the radio, lol.

• man im hyped for pokemon sun and moon

• @Sentinel-Beach said in What games are you still planning on buying this year?:

I don't even know. Maybe nothing? At least as a brand new release.

It's more likely I'll buy some older games I've been meaning to get, like Lego Marvel's Avengers or something.

So it seems I went the "or something" way. I have this short list of games I still want/need to get, and after watching a GT review of it one more time, I finally ordered Tearaway Unfolded on PS4. It seems a really fun game and I've heard practically just good things about it and its innovative nature.

• Gravity Rush 2 delayed to 2017.

• @TokyoSlim said in What games are you still planning on buying this year?:

Gravity Rush 2 delayed to 2017.

i think thats a good thing that game was gonna get murdered between ff15 and the last guardian

• @FF7Cloud On the other hand, Q1 2017 is getting more and more packed! There's a lot more games I'm interested in coming out then than between now and Christmas, it's crazy!

Off the top of my head: Resident Evil 7, Horizon: Zero Dawn, For Honor, South Park, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, Persona 5... all that in the span of 3 months! And at the end of it, maybe even the NX.

Better clear up your backlog before New Year, people! ;)

• @FF7Cloud Moved four days before Yakuza 0.