What Allies have VR here?

• Hello fellow Allies, I'm currently VR ready and was wondering what other Allies that have VR (Vive/Oculus) think about them.

I tried out a Vive at a Microsoft store and was really impressed.

• Global Moderator

VR is awesome.

I am still waiting for my PSVR to arrive (14th October cant come soon enough). However, I have developed 2 games and another artifact for the Oculus Rift (both Devkit 1 and 2) and I must say its a really cool and different experience.

I also got the pleassure to play some games on the Vive via Jagex and I was surprised as it was higher resolution and just in general seemed to float better!

• I'm VR ready! but I work on VR games too. Currently using a Vive, getting a rift soon. I'm yet to try the PSVR, very excited for that

• Going to GameStop today to demo PSVR. I already picked up a cheap copy of Battlefront for the X Wing mission and have my money on the side for this thing.

Need to try it first to see if I want to attempt to get one at launch.

• @sblomkamp i dont have a ps4 but i really want one for ace combat

• So i pulled the trigger and im getting the vive, ill tell you all how i feel about it when it comes

• @Bigdude1 nice! what game are you most excited to play on the Vive? That Fantastic Contraptions game looked intriguing to me.

So I successfully got to demo the PSVR today. It was very comfortable. I tried the Battlezone demo because I heard it was the most fun. I will admit it was underwhelming when I put it on. The tech kept asking, "is it blurry?". I got it adjusted the best I could, but it wasn't super sharp. Wasn't sure if that's just the technical limit or if it was still slightly out of focus.

It took a minute. My dream was that I would feel transported instantly to this distant fantasy land. But I was still very aware that I was just sitting in a chair at Gamestop. Looked around a bit. Seemed alright. When I looked down, they show pedals for the tank but no feet. I didn't get that. That removed some of the immersion.

That being said, once I was in the heat of battle, the experience was great. It was intuitive and natural. I feel like my VR experience was a natural progression for game playing. I hope it only gets better from here. I'm sure there will be gimmicky as hell games. But Battlezone used the new tech tastefully. As for my final stance, I will attempt to get a PSVR at launch, but I can stand to wait. I won't be hunting it down.

• @matt said in What Allies have VR here?:

ost fun. I will admit it was underwhelming when I put it on. The tech kept asking, "is it blurry?". I got it adjusted the best I could, but it wasn't super sharp. Wasn't sure if that's just the technical limit

I think its a Technical limitation, im not sure of the specs of the psvr but i experienced something similar with the vive.

Im actually really excited to try out space pirate trainer and Onward but it might be a little bit before i buy those

• I have a psvr on preorder, but I'm probably going to have to cancel and buy a new hot water heater instead. Stupid adulting.

• @Bigdude1 Sounds good. I'm most excited to have a killer app space and driving experience. Playing something like Burnout or GT would be so cool.

• @matt yeah i might try somthing like project cars on the vive, idk ill have to do some research.

• @TokyoSlim yeah i know the feel, i installed a new one at my house last year

• I don't, but I have a PSVR ordered.

• I work at Best Buy so I have tried all 3. Vibe wins hands down as terms of tech, Oculus has great support from not only game industry but other media areas, and PSVR is a step in the right direction for gamers.

I will probably be going with the PSVR, the price is great and the games coming will entertain me enough to justify the purchase. VR is still in an early age so who knows, maybe one day I will get that Vibe or Oculus for experiences not found on PSVR but I cant fully justify spending that much money just yet to be an early adopter. Especially with the chance that a newer version of VR might come in 3-5 years. I'm only jumping in early because VR has convinced me through early testing in store that it's a great experience. Now just time to wait for those games to come out. Resident Evil 7 will probably be my first major reason to buy.

• so i got my vive tried out a few things

1. played valves "the lab" really good little tech demo great for dipping your feet in vr.
    2. played onward for about a hour or so, really cool military sim, unlike a lot of vr games you actually move around with the trackpad which takes some getting used to, using weapons and manually reloading is really satisfying. still dont know all the controls yet. some glitches being early access but still very playable and fun multiplayer

Overall really responsive and just as reliable in my house as it was in the store when i tried it out.

• @Bigdude1 we should start an Allies Onward meetup! keep us posted to any other games you try

• @sblomkamp
    Totally! its really fun

anyone wants to add me on steam its Bigdudeone

i tried this game called The Gallery
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/270130/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1
    i didnt play much so far it seems like a adventure game, but currently stuck on it after i got the flashlight, but the tech is really cool

• @Bigdude1 ermm.. thats the game i work on. Let me know what you think!

I'll add you on steam. Expect an invite from a Nancy pantzy