Who else is as excited for Persona 5 as Ben, Huber, Brad, and me?

• I love me some Persona.

I'm sad they won't have Japanese voices in the NA release.

• @Whoaness Don't get too excited, but John Hardin, the PR manager for Atlus USA stated that he's "looking into" dual audio as DLC:

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/atlus-looking-persona-5-japanese-voice-dlc

I say don't get too excited because it's not super likely that we'll get it, but it's nice to know that they listen to their fans (plus John is just a bro in general, honestly).

• Dual audio would be amazing! And I forgot to mention earlier bur I'm really excited about the return of atomic spells and the addition of telekinetic. Now if only we could bring back Aqua and Magna spells....

• My god, the game is looking soooooo good. I really wish it didn't get delayed.

At least I stil have TMS#FE and SMT 4 Final to Keep me busy.

• @michemagius I agree. I do also like the addition of telekinetic and nuclear. And I agree, we need a game where ALL elements are back (although, since I played Digital Devil Saga and not P1 or P2 yet, I know Magna as Tera lol). Maybe for SMT V.

@Danjin44 Me too man, but at least we finally have a release date. And definitely, TMS#Fe and SMT IV Apocalypse (NA title) will be sick!

Also everyone, I forgot to mention another super cool little tidbit that's going to be in Persona 5. Ben touched on it a little bit, but they showed a scene in the gameplay footage when you meet Ryuji outside a train station somewhere in Tokyo. What was REALLY cool about it other than the fact that you guys go to the airsoft store (which just so happens to be the same place you buy your "guns" for the Palace... maybe a similar scene to where you Yosuke and Chie find the antique weapons shop in P4 or when Akihiko introduces you to officer Kurosawa in P3 to buy weapons) is that Ryuji TAKES you there. In those other scenes, it was an in-game cutscene where you guys kinda teleported to the place in question (which is how you also met with friends during Social Links and what not). But yeah, Ryuji took you there; he was in front of you and if you ran to get there faster, he ran in front of you to stay ahead of you to take you the point of interest. It was a minor thing, but still something really cool. The reason why this wasn't in P3 and P4 was because the different areas in those games were too small to fully run around and explore, and there weren't that many places to visit to begin with whereas the scale of Tokyo is just so big (divided by the different areas around the various train stations such as Shinjuku, Shibuya, and Harajuku, obviously, but still every area around the station will still be pretty big).

• I have never played Persona but the style oozing from the very first trailer ( and that Jazz Music ) hyped me up enough to give the series a try.

• I was thinking about the "cooperation" system being the new social link system. After watching the Niconico stream I think I understand it more (and like it), bear in mind I don't speak Japanese, so who knows. But basically, the 3 people shown as cooperation partners are the guy who sells you weapons, the girl who heals/sells medicine (?) to you, and presumably who you're living with. It's probably called cooperation now because you have to bond with them in order for them to help you. Like normally, you wouldn't sell a bunch of weapons to some high schoolers (especially as often as they'll probably need new ones). Or in the case of the person you're staying with, they might start to look the other way at your odd schedule or activities because they trust you more. And I suppose they'll go out of their way to help you more as toe bond grows stronger. It makes me wonder who else we'll be cooperating with, or if I've got this totally wrong. Thoughts?

• Wait so social links are gone? :(

• @ObbyDent Cooperation is described as the evolution of social links. You can read more about them here and here (which actually confirm who all the people are.)

• What's Persona?

But for reals, I am super hyped for this. Looks too good.

• @michemagius You pretty much nailed Cooperation on the head man. A lot of people were speculating it would be somewhat different and replace Social Links, but it looks like it will fit that same role in these games where you meet with people and learn more about them and connect with them. What I think was discussed about them in an earlier interview somewhere is that the main point behind them in this game is to get more supporters for the Phantom Thieves' cause, so you're helping spread the word out there and getting more people to be sympathetic and help you all out in the real world. So it definitely makes sense that if you deepen a "Cooperation Link" these people will actively help you in some way. Like how in Persona 4, the more you completed the Fox Social Link, you got discounts to replenish MP in the Shadow World, maybe in this game if you get farther in the Gun Salesman Cooperation Link you unlock more weapons, or get more discounts, or useful side missions, or something of that nature.

• @DarkenRaul1 I hadn't known about the angle of getting more supporters for the Phantom Thieves but it makes a lot of sense. I can dig it.

• Global Moderator

@DarkenRaul1 That's good to hear. I've been tempted to get P3 but I've left it off a few times. I might get to it someday.

• Oh man, watched a bunch of stuff from this new Atlus video.

Youtube Video

Cat in the pack. Dream come true.

• I'm probably a bigger fan of Persona than Ben, not SMT in general though, so yeah you could say that I'm more than a little excited for I expect to be the best game ever made.

• The HYPE is palpable for me, I'm rebuying Persona 4 this summer to hold me over

• Hey, Is anyone else getting a Maya vibe from the woman at 1:28 in the TGS 2015 trailer? I know I'm probably grasping at straws here but her hair, face, and eyes (they're both dark purple) are similar, and by the way she's dressed she could be a reporter. What are the chances of seeing anybody from the P1/2 cast in the new game since the last we heard of them was through Trish's show in P3. I know a lot of people are gunning for a P3/4 cameo (me too a little bit), but what about the return of some earlier characters? I can imagine Maya reporting on the buzz around the Phantom Thieves, in fact considering that in P2 she was investigating the Joker rumor, it seems right up her alley. Thoughts?

Edit: I realize that she's also likely the woman whom the protagonist sees get assaulted in the prologue, but I don't think it totally rules out the possibility of it being Maya.

• @michemagius I will not lie they definitely look similar, but I'm going to go ahead and say that there won't be any cameos from any of the past Persona games except maybe something super minor like a Teddie plushy in a store or a poster that has Rise on it or something like that just confirm that it takes place in the same universe. If they keep the trend going, Persona 5 and its sequel will be in their own bubble in both spin-offs and cameos.

• I don't think it'll be anything major, but Persona does have a habit of putting in cameos from previous games. I mean, half of the P1 cast was in P2 as minor/major characters. There was Trish's show which gave updates on the lives of the P2 cast and Innocent Sin online in P3. And the P4 cast went to Gekkoukan and met Chihiro/mentioned Mitsuru in P4. I don't think it's outside the realm of possiblity. Given, having Maya actually appear would be a bigger cameo than normal, but I think it could happen. Plus Atlus knows that the majority of Persona fans aren't familiar with P2.

• It's finally here!... well in February... hopefully. It's my favorite franchise by far as I remember renting the original P1 for PS1 when it came out and a lifelong love was born on that day. I'd definitely be in for cameos from the cast of the previous games (a pretentious Nate would make my day) but I'd also not be super shocked if they decided against including them. I'm just envious of all those who got free Morgana hats but luckily the "Take Your Heart" collector's editions are still available to snatch up.