Games so good you are surprised they aren't more popular?

• I'll give a shout out Alpha Protocol although I understand why it isn't more popular. Bugs and a lack of polish killed what could have been a fantastic new series. Still have to give props to a fantastic story and dialogue system.

• Why are so many people talking about Okami? Yeah it didn't sell well out of the gate but won enough respect to get an HD remake. This is not a game that is unpopular.

• A lot of the time I know the reasons for these games not being more popular, but I'm still putting them down dammit!

• Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

• Hotel Dusk: Room 215

• Skulls of the Shogun

• Dungeon of the Endless

• Mega Man Battle Network

• Hired Guns (it was a 4-player cyberpunk dungeon crawler for the Commodore Amiga, it's incredible!)

• Forbidden Siren series

• @Churchy Hotel Dusk is dope!

• @naltmank Damn straight man! I loved Cing's games. I understand it that the sequel, Last Window, wasn't released in the US, am I right? If so, it's one of the lucky breaks European gamers got!

• @Churchy haha lucky!

• Pretty much anything made by Treasure, Heroes games in particular.
    Guardian Heroes is my favorite game OF ALL TIME. I once considered buying a 360 just to play the HD remaster.

• Dragon Quest in the West. Oh wait, never mind. It's not popular here because saving is inconvenient.

• Grandia series
    Legend of Heroes series
    Yakuza Series
    Valkyria Chronicles

These series have EVERYTHING going for them, style, story, characters, combat etc and are rightly regarded as greats by almost everyone who ever plays them but for some reason they never really caught fire

maybe it's purely pacing issues, games with slow starts seem to never have a shot

• Global Moderator

Journey To Silius. Dunno why this game poped up in my head this morning, but its such an old gem yet so many people seem to have missed it! one of the best NES games in my oppinion