No. 1 Most Hyped Game

• All right, people. With E3 so fresh in our minds I'm sure we all have lists upon lists of games we can't wait to play, but this thread is about culling those lists to arrive at one. The single game that, if forced to choose, you would get your hands on at the expense of playing any other game on the horizon. Lay 'em out for me, and go as in-depth as you like about your reasoning.

Mine is Persona 5. The Persona series is fairly new to me. I only started playing two years ago with Persona 4 Golden and have since become singularly hyped for the sequel. A few years ago, it would have seemed completely outside the realms of possibility that Kingdom Hearts III, a game I've been waiting for since I was twelve years old, could be overshadowed by some weird JRPG/visual novel combo, but here we are. Thankfully I don't actually have to choose between the two.

• Mine is the same as last E3!
    Horizons Zero Dawn!! I must get me my hands on that game!

• Persona 5 <3

• It's a tie between bf1 and tf2, those games just look so mother fucking fun.

I would say persona but that's not coming till next year.

• That's WAAAAAAY to hard of a choice man!

• Ah! This is so hard! Persona and Pokemon are tied for my 2 favorite series, ever, period. Both showed new gameplay that highlight new elements I'm incredibly excited about. Even as a Bulbagarden mod, I have to go with Persona 5. (I'm sorry Sun and Moon, I still love you more than I love a lot of people.) (And I want to put it out there that all the new features in Sun and Moon are amazing, make tons of sense, are giving fans what they've been asking for, and will make training so much better.)

Persona 4 made me love JRPG's, I was OBSESSED with Persona 3 Portable (3 playthroughs in 1 week, no sleep only Persona), and I'm currently obsessed with the Persona 2 duology. (I'm working on the original Persona but it's really dated.) Persona 5 seems to be a mixture of 2, 3, and 4, and a whole lot more. I'm already endeared to the characters, the game looks gorgeous, and the story is sure to be amazing. The combat takes nods from all of its predecessors, mixing the base system from 3 and 4, bringing back demon negotiations, bringing back atomic spells, and introducing telekinetic ones. Really, there is no chance I won't love this game.

• @michemagius said in No. 1 Most Hyped Game:

Persona 4 made me love JRPG's, I was OBSESSED with Persona 3 Portable (3 playthroughs in 1 week, no sleep only Persona), and I'm currently obsessed with the Persona 2 duology. (I'm working on the original Persona but it's really dated.) Persona 5 seems to be a mixture of 2, 3, and 4, and a whole lot more. I'm already endeared to the characters, the game looks gorgeous, and the story is sure to be amazing. The combat takes nods from all of its predecessors, mixing the base system from 3 and 4, bringing back demon negotiations, bringing back atomic spells, and introducing telekinetic ones. Really, there is no chance I won't love this game.

Predictably, there's a lot of Persona hype happening. Couldn't agree with all of this more. Also, I mostly liked Persona 1, but it's definitely a step down from the others.

• It's really hard for me too choose between Persona 5, Gravity Rush 2 and Nier Automata.

Especially after seeing new P5 , Gravity Rush 2 gameplay and Nier epic boss battle trailer.

What really frustrates me is why in the f**ck theses games weren't in E3 floor!!? Are u telling that Lego Star Wars was better choice than these three epic games!!?

• C'mon. If you want to talk about hype from this E3, there is no equal. We all just want to know more about FIFA story mode... Just Kidding.

God of War. Only would have been interested if it were either a new protagonist or some reborn Kratos. But the grizzled older Kratos is definitely better than my ideas. Not to mention, Norse mythology is one of my favourite pantheon. So interested to see where it goes.

• Persona 5 is one that I'll echo, but I really want to take a moment to acknowledge and appreciate Death Stranding. I have no idea what that game even is, but I know that I want it and I want it badly.

• Persona 5.

New announcement? God of War.

• Shown at E3: Persona 5, no competition

HOWEVER.... Dragon quest XI, the real successor to my most beloved game -Dragon quest 8- and the one true king is still my most hyped game. 40 million ps4's and an uprising in JRPG's can't be ignored by someone as daft as Squenix. Sooner or later, that Western release date is dropping on us with a new trailer.

• Deus Ex Mankind Divided and Mass Effect Andromeda.

• Definitely Persona 5 for me as well. Horizon is a close number 2.

• Lots of Persona luv here, I love It. However my most anticipated and most hyped game for various reasons is The Last Guardian. I cannot begin to say how excited I am to play this game ever since I completed ico and shadow of the colossus, it became on of my greatest video games ever made. So when I heard they announced another entry in the franchise, do you know how good that feels. Team Ico are simply genius in the way there games convey emotion and simplistic gameplay. But its hard to choose between my most anticipated games, all of which I am equally excited to play.

• Definitely "We Happy Few". I'm really into utopia/dystopia stories and I am really hyped for the whole procedurally generated and survival gameplay described 1:34:22 in the Day Two impressions:

Youtube Video

• It's tough to pick!

So, the two games that really connect with me the most were ABZU and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. So it would have to be out of those two, but I guess it has to go to Zelda, since that game just has so much unexplored potential and cool mechanics discover. Seems like it's a game I could put so many hours into and get invested in. I really love the fresh appeal of it, compared to previous titles.

• admin

Deus Ex. When HR came out, I went deep down the hole, replayed the original, read the book, and devoured that game. I cannot wait to play Deus Ex Go, replay HR, and play Mankind Divided.

• Death Stranding. Nothing else compares to Kojima.

• Global Moderator

It has to be The Last Guardian. I would just love to get that game, throw on some headphones and block out the rest of the world completely until I finish it.