What was the Last Game that made you Cry Allies?

• It was awhile go but there's a scene in Grandia...

Spoiler: Justin has to set forth into the world and says a heartfelt good-bye to his mother...

And in Lunar Eternal Blue...

Spoiler: In the epilogue segment, just before you set off to reunite with Lucia, all your friends say good-bye to you...

• Probably P3 FES(replayed it last year in the summer)

Don't care what anyone says, Aigis is the best "robot learning emotions"-storyarch I've ever seen told in movies or games.

She's also, without a doubt, best girl

• I got pretty teary when playing Life is Strange last fall, but the last time bawled was replaying Final Fantasy X about two years ago. Persona 4, Metal Gear Solid 3, Suikoden 2 and Suikoden 5 always make me bawl like a baby too.

• the only game to make me cry was ICO.

• That has to be Life is Strange, I cried in most episodes. The story just resonated with my thoughts so much at the time, that it became a consistently cathartic experience. I love the game for it, and I now draw on these emotions every time I listen to a song off that beautiful licensed soundtrack.

• @selfconfessedcynic TO THE MOON! Great answer. One of the most emotional games I've ever played.

• Metal Gear Solid 4. That ending is so powerful, as I grew up with Metal Gear games, Seeing the very end of the story... Just thinking about it gets me sad. MGS3 ending got me crying as well, but MGS4 was more recent. It's hard to say which is more heartwrenching, but both are powerful.

• I had a very emotional reaction while playing "The Beginner's Guide". I went into more detail in another post here on the forums. It comes down to the process the main character and narrator goes through as he tries out games created by his friend.

I also became extremely emotional when playing Proteus. I just can't figure out why ;)

Youtube Video

• I agree with @jipostus that MGS4 is one of the few games that actually made me shed tears after watching that sublime ending. I had the same reaction to ending for MGS3 because tbh I was so invested emotionally with those games at that time that it was hard not to get emotional.

• A little game called Fragile Dreams. A emotional rollercoaster about the end of the world and loss that had me tearing up a few times.
    alt text

• Life is Strange, several times.

• Brothers: A tale of two sons. That game hit me hard. :sob:

• Tales of Xillia 2 that ending got me big time.

• Global Moderator

@Mechanoid Maaaaan I haven't thought about either of those games in a long time. I may have to go replay those now, haha.

As for me, the ending of Walking Dead Season 1 is still probably the most a game has emotionally impacted me. Excellent and amazing story telling in games.

• @Inflorescence I never got to play Nier but i did watch a little bit of it and your so right! Any family element to a emotional game is always such an intense experience! I hope Nier 2 does something similar.

@Nillend I forgot All about Brothers!!! i cried hardcore to that too!

@thenerdtheword ME3 really got to me too, the last part right before the ending of the game when you talk to all your Allies as if this is going to be there final mission ever and we all may die in the process drove me over the edge. i didn't want to leave the camp so badly...especially after talking to Garus, I love that Damn Alien SO MUCH!!!!

• @Bigdude1 said in What was the Last Game that made you Cry Allies?:

A little game called Fragile Dreams. A emotional rollercoaster about the end of the world and loss that had me tearing up a few times.
    alt text

YES! This game is sooooo good!

• @Bigdude1
    I bought that a few months ago, need to find a chunk of time and pick it up again

• Seconding Life is Strange and The Beginner's Guide. Just as a fun side project, I'm actually writing an essay about The Beginner's Guide and my interpretation of the game. As an artist who has previously been in unhealthy relationships and who struggles with many of the things that both in-game Davey and real life Davey have talked about, that game hit very close to home. It actually spiraled me into an intensely reflective state almost similar to my depressive episodes, but I feel like I came out the other end with a stronger sense of who I am as a person and a creator. In my mind, this game is a must-play for pretty much anyone.

• @alexwhiteplays Very cool. Can you please publish the essay on "The Beginner's guide" on the forums once it is done?

• @marcel That's the plan! I have a residential summer job coming up in a few days and I'm part of a team for a game jam so I'm not going to make any promises about the essay being done soon, but my goal is to have it out before I go back to college in August.