What was the Last Game that made you Cry Allies?

• It was an Indie game from a couple of years now, its name is "To the Moon" . Few stories in videogames have ever hit me as hard as this one did, at the beginning you don't have a slice of clue of whats going on, by the middle you already had shed a couple of man tears, the ending my god the freaking ending it just makes you cry till your head aches

• @Omega-Kaozz said in What was the Last Game that made you Cry Allies?:

It was an Indie game from a couple of years now, its name is "To the Moon" . Few stories in videogames have ever hit me as hard as this one did, at the beginning you don't have a slice of clue of whats going on, by the middle you already had shed a couple of man tears, the ending my god the freaking ending it just makes you cry till your head aches

I was about to post this exact thing. To The Moon made me bawl, not just a couple of tears.

• This post is deleted!

• Yeah, I know it's a super predictable answer, but the opening of The Last of Us got me pretty good. First time I've ever got misty-eyed playing a video game .

• The last time I teared up was probably during Gears of War 3. That doesn't mean I didn't feel bad during other games, but that one struck the hardest.

• It's been a very long tim since I cried form a game. But the last game to make me cry was Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. Speciffically Xion's death. She was such a tormented character that just wanted to be with her friends and make them happy. Forced to be a puppet, and a weapon, and hurt her friends, as well as those she hadn't even met. And then she had to fake being evil to get her friend to kill her, it was the only way to stop all the damage she caused. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anqS-YA3v-g

• @Archaios I know right?, that game is packed with a ridiculous amount of feelings, and the soundtrack 10/10

• alt text

Wonderful tale of a young boy growing up in a small village in Japan in what I presume is tjhe 70's/80's. Imagination and adventures with friends, mixed with an obsession with Tokusatsu, where the fog coming from the factories makes it seem as though Kaiju are fighting. Yet .. is it just in the child's imagination, or is there a mystery in the village?

Warm, wonderful story, fab card game, charm for days - an absolute pleasure to play.

alt text

I finished it at a gaming convention, sitting in a breakfast bar, watching the final moments unfolding, staring out of the window in floods of tears, biting on my lip so as not to sob.

Very, very special, becoming one of my favourite games ever in the process.

alt text

• @Bigdude1

Gorgeous game. I was in tears within the opening moments.

• @CoffeeJezus I... I need this game right now. Is it 3DS only?

• Mass Effect 3. Simply for saying goodbye to friends.

I never played To the Moon, but I watched it played and man it did make me teary eyed. Same for That Dragon, Cancer.

• I too entered this thread to talk about To the Moon.

The moment I realized why the central character wanted to go "to the moon" so badly was like a punch to the gut from a bodybuilder. It's one of the best and most original love stories in the medium, and you can quote me on that.

• I marathoned through the entire MGS series last summer, so probably one of those games.
    "Snake... has lived a hard life..."

• I'm not ashamed to say the ending of Uncharted 4 was extremely emotional for me. Life is Strange is also a bit of a wringer.

• I guess I'm a bit emotionally repressed as I don't really cry but the end of The Walking Dead season 1 really hit me hard (The Telltale game obviously...not the show)

• @Mechanoid Yes. It's Level 5, who did Ni No Kuni :)

• MGS 3, always makes me tear up a bit towards the end, along with 4.
    And for whatever reason since Wind Waker every Zelda game since has made me cry a little during the credits.

• It didn't exactly make me cry but the ending of Life is Strange really got to me. That game stayed with me for days after I finished it.

• Probably last of us. 60% story and 40% because it was ending :(

• I don't really keep track of it, but the last one I can think of is Transistor.

Incredible musical score = cheating