What was the Last Game that made you Cry Allies?

• The Beginner's Guide got to me. I still think about it to this day. There's no real way to describe why without spoiling it so I'd say if you have a spare couple of hours then give it a try.

• Lost Odyssey is the only game that I can remember making me tear up.

I may have cried out of frustration playing Super Punch Out!

• The end of Mother 3 really got to me. Other than that I've only been hit by Last of Us and Walking dead

• @marcel said in What was the Last Game that made you Cry Allies?:

I had a very emotional reaction while playing "The Beginner's Guide". I went into more detail in another post here on the forums. It comes down to the process the main character and narrator goes through as he tries out games created by his friend.

I also became extremely emotional when playing Proteus. I just can't figure out why ;)

Youtube Video

Oh I understand exactly why Proteus brings such a strong emotional reaction. There seems to be there innocence in the world around you tied together with a sense of loss. You see these ruins, pillars and signs of life, yet there is nothing left but creatures. Add to it the eerie night events and the entirety of the winter season and you really feel that loss amplified.

A game I recently experienced that evoked a strong emotion was Firewatch. To avoid any spoilers, the beginning moments lay out the driving force for your character and being married definitely made the experience much more connectable to me. Incredibly sad.

• i saw it pop up a few times for other people but Life is Strange definitely got a few tears out of me. the soundtrack really got to me.

• I have never cried from a video game. It's VERY hard for me to really get attached to characters in games because gameplay breaks me out of story to much.

• I've never cried from a game, but I weeped uncontrollably during certain one piece episodes! I never cried during last of us but had things played out differently in that game I probably would have.

• Never. Games haven't had that level of impact on me. I've been sad at things, but never have I shed a tear.

• honestlly. honestly. overwatch. im normally over emotional and it gets even WORSE when im tired/pms-ing/both and i was thinking about lucio and i. just started crying because i love him so much and hes literally made of sunshine and hes an angel who deserves the world and more. i wish i was joking but im not i cried over a DJ in a video game because he was TOO GOOD at existing

• Sfv, lost in the stage 93 of the survivor mode.Shed a single tear in the corner of the eye while staring the screen in silence...

• Two games come to mind. The last one is Life is Strange. That game really got to me. LiS really showed me that realistic graphics are certainly not necessary when it comes to stories where I will totally absorb the story. The characters and the world are so weird, but also very believable. I had many tears on my cheek when I ended that game.

And the game where I still cry pretty much every time I finish it is The Last of Us. Even when I've seen the ending a couple of times, the way it's been told and the way it 'forces' the player to do certain things still amazes me every time.

• @TokyoSlim Totally forgot about that. Yeah, that ending where you leave all of your friends. It almost felt like leaving real friends behind. I wonder if Persona 5 is going to give me such a feeling.

• @BogusMeatFactory I completely forgot about Firewatch. Those final moments were really emotional too :crying_cat_face:

• I haven't actually cried because of a video game but the ending of MGS4 came closest. "This is good isnt it?" alt text

• Undertale. I didn't cry while playing but some of the themes and concepts really hung around my head for the following couple of days after completing it. I had never really thought of game characters as anything more than that - some characters you get to hang with for a little while and then they go away, sometimes forever. Some of the questions the game poses really got me thinking about virtual space in a completely different light, or at least got me entertaining the idea that these worlds do not exist only for my amusement, they continue to function without my involvement; my interaction will not only disrupt the world they live in, sometimes it will destroy it completely. That concept really destroyed my entire being for at least a day, making me a useless human sack of sobs. Yay for thinking about things too much!

• It was an Indie game from a couple of years now, its name is "To the Moon" . Few stories in videogames have ever hit me as hard as this one did, at the beginning you don't have a slice of clue of whats going on, by the middle you already had shed a couple of man tears, the ending my god the freaking ending it just makes you cry till your head aches

• @Omega-Kaozz said in What was the Last Game that made you Cry Allies?:

It was an Indie game from a couple of years now, its name is "To the Moon" . Few stories in videogames have ever hit me as hard as this one did, at the beginning you don't have a slice of clue of whats going on, by the middle you already had shed a couple of man tears, the ending my god the freaking ending it just makes you cry till your head aches

I was about to post this exact thing. To The Moon made me bawl, not just a couple of tears.

• This post is deleted!

• Yeah, I know it's a super predictable answer, but the opening of The Last of Us got me pretty good. First time I've ever got misty-eyed playing a video game .

• The last time I teared up was probably during Gears of War 3. That doesn't mean I didn't feel bad during other games, but that one struck the hardest.