NeoGaf's EZA thread. I want to comment!

• @TokyoSlim Do you truly believe that not a single person on that thread or maybe even only reading it used on of the many links provided (not saying with the intention to send hate towards her) to tweet at her? Of course no one will post there stuff like "I'm gonna harass her now", you would have to be the biggest moron to do that. It's virtually impossible to accurately link users and tweets without spending hours on that terrible place, only on the possibility that people there have the same username on twitter or their profiles linked somewhere.

Different question though, will you boycott Mass Effect Andromeda for the racist comments and harassment towards the devs of Mankind Devided from one of their developers, https://twitter.com/manveerheir and how BioWare is doing nothing against it?
    http://archive.is/bCQRS
    https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/51osju/socjus_manveer_heir_from_bioware_montreal_urge/
    Youtube Video

• @El-Shmiablo said in NeoGaf's EZA thread. I want to comment!:

@Oscillator Eh. I consider it similar to Something Awful. Paying/signing up with a paid email means your account has "weight". You dont act like the usual jackass you might on a free forum because there is now money on the line.

SA has that same problem too. Shit moves too fast.

There's a big difference between NeoGAF's and SA's registration restrictions. All you need to sign up for SA is money, and if you get banned, you can buy another account. As a result, SA is flooded with trolls.

NeoGAF requires an ISP, educational, or work address, meaning if you're unemployed and don't go to college, and they blacklist your ISP address, you're not getting in.

P.S. Somebody started a thread on NeoGAF just to say that people should stop using the word "gyp". It wouldn't surprise me if they use communist-style harassment tactics.

• Hell is a gyp? I googled it and none of the results seem even remotely offensive, some sort of bird, shortcuts for several companies and such worldwide, name of a school, a software, hell there is even a Gyp tv website which is like a german local version of Youtube for highschoolers... wat?

• @Musou-Tensei According to Urban Dictionary, it's "a ripoff; something that is not worth what your are giving for it; refering to gypsies who make their living off of swindling others."

In short, not really that big a deal.

Honestly though, I don't think I'd be welcome at NeoGaf. (made an account a good few years ago, never actually used it as by the time I got approved I lost interest) Someone who's unafraid to speak his mind, and judging by screenshots of posts I've seen I've got some opinions that would likely give me the boot. (and that's without going into the 'potentially offensive to some' stuff)

• Oooh, juicy! The topic this thread has migrated to interests me a hell of a lot more than the title topic, so I'm just going to continue on with that. Don't ban me, bro.

After reading through this thread, that thread, and a bunch of links, this whole discussion is pretty damn transparent if you look at it: it's a product of the cultural divide. (I assume the rest of you are Americans? And even if that's not the case there are other binding ties that connect western politics.)

• Conservative, anti-"censorship," gamergate.

• Progressive, NeoGAF, anti-discrimination, and, well... me.

People are basically never as ignorant as they let on—that ignorance even existing is a lie perpetrated by the thin characters in pop culture. Everyone is affected by their social environment, everyone is biased. Everyone knows what they align with implicitly, if not consciously. Some people jump to condemning the alleged racist, others rush to his or her defense.

You'll note that the former of the two positions lies on the left of this left/right political views chart, where the focus is on the community which is weakened by discrimination. The second position would fall towards the right, which is more concerned with the individual, preferring that their discriminatory intent be proven more rigorously before they are condemned.

Now, of course not everyone lines up perfectly with these philosophies (The Impure), there are complexities in real life of course, but even these half-way sorts tend toward one side or the other.

But as far as "NeoGAF incites harassment of women" goes, conservatives have been trying to prove "liberal hypocrisy" forever. Absolutely For. Ev. Er. Taking Hillary Clinton as an example of this, back when Bill was running for president they said she was sexist when she was quoted speaking dismissively of stay at home mothers, and much more recently Trump and Trump surrogates have accused her of destroying all of the women in her way, or something to that effect. Not to focus on Clinton the individual too much, the intent is clear: paint the feminist as a sexist and you defeat that philosophy in one fell swoop.

That's why you see some people in this thread (and, indeed, the backwater news sites they're linking) reaching for straws to prove this hypothetical hypocrisy. They're all the more desperate for it because they've never been able to do it before. It's a real life fanfiction seeking an empirical anecdote. A conclusion seeking a proof.

• @ChaosBahamut said in NeoGaf's EZA thread. I want to comment!:

According to Urban Dictionary, it's "a ripoff; something that is not worth what your are giving for it; refering to gypsies who make their living off of swindling others."

In short, not really that big a deal.

(imitating sjw/gaffer)

You filthy bigot! How dare you use that slur to refer to the oppressed and slandered Romani people! They were in the Holocaust, FFS!!!

(everyone else proceeds to hurl abuse at you)

Youtube Video

Covering-my-ass disclaimer: The preceeding statements do not necessarily denote my support or condemnation of any specific person, group, or ideology...though I do very much dislike rabid leftists.

• @Musou-Tensei said in NeoGaf's EZA thread. I want to comment!:

@TokyoSlim Do you truly believe that not a single person on that thread or maybe even only reading it used on of the many links provided (not saying with the intention to send hate towards her) to tweet at her?

I believe that unless you can show me any hateful tweets or posts in that thread calling for hateful tweets from GAFfers to Palmer Luckey's gf that we're done and that you owe me some werehogs. You failed to prove it.

• @Oscillator Well, I figure the gypsies don't appreciate it. And that term was formed around the time when they would round up and kill them. Like the n-word came out of slavery. So, y'know, probably not great.

• This is basically why I never go there, there's far too much clique mentality and if you aren't part of the echo chamber (Even if you aren't against it) you're somehow hitler for having a different opinion that's not associated with either side.

Plus for a forum that I understood to be about gaming it sure seems to cause drama more than level-headed discussion, granted my knowledge is limited but outside of EZA every single outlet that references NeoGAF it's always negative, regardless of the topic or context.

I pretty much stick to here and reddit, reddit mods tend to keep things clean better than most places, and everyone here is pretty chill.

I mean...you can't have proper discussion or debate by just getting rid of anybody who doesn't agree with you, if that was the case y'all would've banned me from discord lol.

Just doesn't make for a very friendly place.

• @Haru17 said in NeoGaf's EZA thread. I want to comment!:

@Oscillator Well, I figure the gypsies don't appreciate it. And that term was formed around the time when they would round up and kill them. Like the n-word came out of slavery. So, y'know, probably not great.

It is a derogatory term, but it and its derivative "gyp" have been in been in popular usage for a very long time, and don't hold anywhere near the power of other words offensive to minorities. Yet the left insists on treating them like the N word.

• @ChaosBahamut Oh, of course, should have checked Urban Dictionary myself, google gave me mostly german things that have nothing to do with it.

@TokyoSlim
    Uh, you don't want werehogs from me, I get them from the deepest furry pits of deviant art.

Oh an one thing that probably pisses me off the most with Gaf, the ban of game discussions for certain games, and I'm not talking about Rapelay type of shit, officially rated games, any discussion on Criminal Girls 1&2, officially M rated games just like CoD, Doom etc, is forbidden, a good gaming forum does not do that.

• to describe a person with the noun Gyp refers to Gypsies, this comes from the word egypt

the verb to gyp someone doesnt, it comes from the latin gyps which means vulture

• Don't waste your time with Musou Tensei people. Just checking his twitter shows what kind of person he is. It's full of "those damn SJW:s" and straight up supporting gamergate bullshit. He is obsessed. Hilarious to hear him talk about harassment of women. He is a hateful little man.

There is no room for that with Easy Allies. In here we respect women, we love the gays, we are cool about race, we are great about gender, as Ian said in first Easy Update or more like sang.

Edit: Oh yeah on the actual topic, it took me few months to get approved. Tried multiple emails before that got denied.

• @Budi said in NeoGaf's EZA thread. I want to comment!:

Don't waste your time with Musou Tensei people. Just checking his twitter shows what kind of person he is. It's full of "those damn SJW:s" and straight up supporting gamergate bullshit. He is obsessed. Hilarious to hear him talk about harassment of women. He is a hateful little man.

There is no room for that with Easy Allies. In here we respect women, we love the gays, we are cool about race, we are great about gender, as Ian said in first Easy Update or more like sang.

Edit: Oh yeah on the actual topic, it took me few months to get approved. Tried multiple emails before that got denied.

No need to attack someone based on their personal beliefs. Plus, to be honest, I've never seen an actual gamergator who is misogynistic, homophobic, etc. I'm sure some exist, but people are people and some people are assholes. (and those people SPECIFICALLY will not be welcome) That's all I'll say on the matter, and I strongly recommend the subject be dropped.

• edit: Nevermind, I apologize.

• @Budi said in NeoGaf's EZA thread. I want to comment!:

He is a hateful little man.

Did you just assume my gender? :O

• Do we really have people in this thread unironically using SJW and gaffer as an insult to mimic someone who is being to "PC"? Come on, I thought we were better than that. Don't reduce yourselves to that kind of internet crowd.

In any case, calling GAF vile and disgusting is LOL to me

Not to mention they don't ban the discussion of Criminal Girls. Hell, I'll go make a thread talking about it right now

• @Musou-Tensei you got me! That's what I apologized. Should have used they instead of he.

Edit: Back on the topic again. I don't mind the moderation in Gaf at all. I think people can still share their views there when it's not clearly hateful or offensive. And shitposting like "who cares?" in certain topics should be banned, since it's all it is a shitpost. People are talking about something so clearly they care. Why go in a topic if that poster doesn't care. Let others have their discussion or join it.

• I'm gonna blog on Tumblr about that >_<

• @Musou-Tensei almost funny, you are getting there. Keep on trying. :)