The Top 100 Videogames ever! (Send me your list! Deadline Oct. 10th)

• @Ringedwithtile Mhm i don't know the current scoring system has always worked pretty well on former List projects i did before. How exactly would you value the placements? Because if we give #30 -10 Pointe we have to give #1 significantly more (like 50 points?) and that on the other hand wouldn't change much in the greater scheme of things!

• @Exist-2-Inspire I think that your scoring sistem should work fine. Lets not complicate things. You could use other point systems, just to see if the list changes much, but I feel that your original system is overall good and simple enough to give a valid result.

• @Exist-2-Inspire You're right that it wouldn't change a whole lot at the top of the list. The games that score in the top 10 or so across a number of lists will still end up being at the top of the 100.

My concern is for the games that people have towards the end of the list. If the point system is from 10 points (#30) to 50 points (#1) like you said, then that's a 1:5 ratio of point value between games at either end of the ballot. The way it's set up now, it's a 1:30 ratio which is pretty wide in my opinion.

Just a suggestion, though. It's cool if you don't go for it.

• @Ringedwithtile I'll think about it, maybe i'll try two different point systems to see how it works out! Anyway thanks for your suggestions!

• sent in my list

• Okay, sent.

• 10 lists already, awesome, keep 'em coming! :D

• Sent mine out too, I love this idea.

• Global Moderator

That genuinely was a serious struggle getting it down to 30 games and even still I'm gutted I couldn't fit in at least 2-3 more.

Really looking forward to what the community think though. Awesome work Eric.

• Sent my list in. I had trouble thinking of more than 20ish that I really enjoyed enough to be on a "top 100 games" list but I found some that were pretty awesome.

Also I agree with @Ringedwithtile about the points system being a little imbalanced.

@Exist-2-Inspire Thanks for doing this! It is super cool and I can't wait to see the results!

• Holy crap was that hard to do. Everytime I thought it was done, I remembered a game that HAD to be on it. In the end I sent it because I knew I'd just keep tweaking it.

Still it was fun, and had me going down memory lane! I can't wait to see how this turns out, and where games I love rank. Granted I know quite well that I have a few oddities, ones that I know aren't great but are important to me, and they wont be on the list.

In regards to the point system, yeah I think it's fine as is. However you would change it, I think it would work out the same anyway.

• I'm already not satisfied anymore with the list I sent, lol.

• @Musou-Tensei well voting is still open, you can still change your list if you want.

• Nah it's alright, allow that once I send you 10 more mails, lol.

• That was hard, less so because I had trouble whittling it down, but more because I can't really reason with myself that most of my favorite games are among the "best ever." Still had fun doing it, though. Thanks again for putting this all together!

• @Exist-2-Inspire Do you have a dead line for this, some date? Or a certain number of users -> no more votes, once 50 people have given them? You could mention about this here. (Even if it's the two weeks, that was the first thing that came to your mind.)

And would it be useful to keep a running list of the user(name)s that are officially on the list? People would know that their lists went through to you, and the overall scale would be apparent for all.

Still working on mine.

• @Sentinel-Beach Good suggestions! The deadline is October 10th (no max amount of lists, i want all i can get!^^) and i will add a list of users who submitted a list in the second post of the thread!

EDIT: Updated the second post!

• Global Moderator

Im just thinking how do people rank games? do they throw in 30 game they think are candidates, then sort them? or do you have like a top 10 you really know and go from there? Im really struggling towards the lower places to see which goes over another

• Just submitted mine. Wasn't too hard to make, although few titles can be swapped at anyday, because my favorite games list alternates constantly, though that list I made reflects most of the stuff I play. Anyhow, Thanks @Exist-2-Inspire for making this! L&R!

• @Lotias I kind of did a top 10, then second tier 10, etc instead of looking at it as 30. That helped me think about the positions and organization and then I did all the tweaking and switching things out (almost forgot Half Life 2).. thats when it got tough