What Was Your First Game?

• So, what's your earliest gaming memory? Mine is Frogger for PS1, and my Mom beating me by a mile each time I played.

Youtube Video

• For me, there is conflicting reports among my family. If you ask my grandparents/father, they'll tell you I played Wolfenstein 3D and DOOM while on their lap. But honestly, I believe my first game was either Spyro: The Dragon when I got a PS One for Christmas when I was 5 or playing Super Mario Bros./Super Mario Bros. 3 on my father's NES.

• Probably Super Mario World (still the best Mario ever :P), but i could be remembering it wrong, might as well be some GameBoy game like Tetris or Super Mario Land!

• A Pong clone console my father brought from a flea market sometimes in the 80's, this one to be exact but in beige insted of black
    alt text

• My earliest gaming memory is of playing Super Mario Bros./Duckhunt, Legend of Zelda, Tetris, and some Disney game on my mom's NES. Then a few years later I got an N64 for my birthday with Mario Kart, Rogue Squadron, Mario 64, Ocarina.. and the rest is history :D

• A family friend gave me a NES with 20 games for my 4th or 5th birthday, can only recall a few of the games though SMB/Duck Hunt, Megaman 2, Spyhunter, Bucky'O Hare, are the only one that really springs to me.

• I don't remember the first game I ever played, probably Halo 1 with my cousin. However, the first game I owned was Super Mario Sunshine, which my parents bought for me along with a Gamecube for my eighth Christmas. The Gamecube edition that came with the Zelda Collector's Edition disc, oh boy!

Ocarina of Time, couldn't find the Kokiri Sword, it was great!

• Probably christmas 1999 when I was 5 years old and got a PS1 with Crash Team Racing.

I even got a picture from that day

alt text

• Either Super Mario World, or the Batman beat em up game on the SNES. I was like 5 when my grandma got it for us with a bunch of games, but the first I played was one of those.

• The earliest games I remember were Super Mario Bros/Duckhunt on the NES and Wolfenstein and Doom on the computer.

• Banned

It was one of those tabletop video games that had a space shooter on it.

http://www.fruitmachineworld.com/ekmps/shops/darrenlink/images/table-top-arcade-video-game-freeplay-brand-new-[3]-769-p.jpg

At least that's the earliest I remember.

• Before I even knew about Nintendo, I had this little handheld Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game.

• Some cousins who were over taught me how to play Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt for NES. We already had a bunch of NES and Atari games at the time, but I had never touched them before that for some reason.

• First game I ever played was Turrican II on Amiga 500. Loved it. Still do. The soundtrack is forever engraved in my brain. Can't wait to get my hands on the orchestral edition of the soundtrack, which I shall receive at the beginning of next year.

• @jipostus While Pong was my 1st, Turrican on C64 was the game that made me a gamer. I wish they would bring the entire series to GoG and/or Steam.

• Global Moderator

Im trying to remember, but I can't for sure organise my memories to which came first.

I know that my dad and brother bought a SNES when I was really young and we got Super Mario Allstar with it.

I also have memories of visiting my grandma and they having a NES where we played Journey to Silius, TMNT and so on.

But I also got memories of playing games on my gameboy really young.

So yeah.. any of those, not 100% sure :D

• Pokemon Blue and Backyard Baseball happened almost concurrently for me, I think. It's hard to remember. Hopefully it was Pokemon, though, since that's the one that stuck with me.

• I'm pretty sure it was Donley Kong for the Intelevision.

That system was so primitive it had to make DK and the barrels green.

• I remember the first time I saw games it was my older cousins playing Command and Conquer, they were having a LAN and I was so confused as to how they could play with each other if they were in different rooms of the house. I would run back and forth between rooms to see what each of them was doing with their soldiers. I think the first game I played though was Spyro the Dragon which I played at a friends house. The first games I owned though were Super Mario Bros, Super C, and Ninja Gaiden, Ninja Gaiden was crazy hard I don't think I ever beat it

• Pretty sure it was either Ms. Pac Man or Pole Position for the Atari 2600 when i was like around 3 or so. When I was five got my own NES with Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt and TNMT.