Darkest Dungeon (PC/PS4/Vita)

• Bringing this topic back from the depths as we now have a solid window for Early Access for the sequel.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Not sure how everyone else feels, but seems like we could keep using the same topic for both games. Now of course I'm bummed to see Epic Game Store exclusivity, but in this case, it is only for the Early Access period, and they've already said the full game will be launching across other PC Storefronts as well. Their console plans aren't nailed down yet though.

• Yeah saw this this morning. I loved the first game but I'm really interested to see what changes they make for the second. Looking at this new trailer do you think they are going to use 3D models, that could be kinda cool.

Also, I kinda assumed this game did well on consoles, maybe just one thing at a time?

• @themarcv Yeah, I'm sure they just want to focus on getting the game balance perfect before porting to console. There's very little extra work taking a perfect PC Build on EGS and sending it to the other Storefronts compared to the work of actually porting the build to consoles.

• @mbun Yeah, makes sense and if I recall that conversion from PC to console for the first wasn't super easy either. I really don't mess with PC gaming anymore so I hope it doesn't take too long to get this thing to console after it gets version 1.0.

• A little more from the website:

Darkest Dungeon II is about hope, grit and determination. It reminds us that in times of crisis, we can’t wait for salvation, we have to find it ourselves – earn it, in spite of our weaknesses.
    πŸ’€ πŸ’€ πŸ’€ πŸ’€
    Our familiar companions band together for another journey into oblivion – this time in stylized 3d! In fact, this teaser was captured straight out of Unity, and uses the in-game character models and rendering techniques from the game itself. With a refined combat system and a whole new metagame, Darkest Dungeon II is packed with fresh monsters, bosses, and challenges.

Great to know the 3D effect isn't just a hype trailer thing. Between the first teaser and this one, I really wonder if this sequel is going to be traveling around an already doomed world to different locations on the road instead of having a town you grow.