Which Games Did E3 2016 Change Your Mind About?

• Now that the dust has settled and E3 2016 has come to a close, which games would you say you now see in a different light, for better or worse?

For me, it's I Am Setsuna. I had zero expectations for this game going into E3. I had assumed it'd just be a cheap, low-effort nostalgia play from Square, but hearing Brad and Kyle talk about it on stream has me feeling really excited for it. Hearing that you're essentially protecting a girl so she can sacrifice herself has especially piqued my interest. Sounds like a neat premise.

Another example for me is We Happy Few. I figured it was just a standard walking simulator type deal, which can be perfectly entertaining, but hearing about the procedural element as well as it being a roguelike of sorts has made me far more interested. Sounds like a fun but tense time to be had.

I'm interested in hearing what everyone else has taken away from this E3. Hopefully nothing as traumatic as Kyle hearing Damiani and Ben talking about FFXV.

• Breath of the Wild. I'm a long-time Zelda fan whose love of the series was pretty well extinguished by the one-two punch of Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. I expected Zelda U to be more of the same tired formula. Instead, Nintendo presented Fantasy Wilderness Survival Simlator and I'm seriously digging it.

• You mentioned it, but yeah, FFXV kinda has a dark cloud over it for now, but hopefully that passes come release.

I didn't think I'd be interested in the new God of War, but that impressed me like all hell.

Biggest surprise though? Infinite Warfare. I was fully expecting to be totally disinterested in that game, but that demo looked DOPE.

• Ghost Recon: Wildlands

I didn't really think much of the game last E3 and then my hype and expectations dropped after playing The Division, the latest Wildlands trailer (2 months ago, maybe?) and seeing other Ubisoft games but man oh man if that gameplay demo didn't give me serious SOCOM/multiplayer MGSV vibes. I'm still gonna wait for reviews but that's definitely my most improved game.

• I can't believe I'm saying this, but Call of Duty went from this worst trailer of all time:

Youtube Video

To the coolest gameplay showing at Sony's conference.

Youtube Video

• @Whoaness @selfconfessedcynic
    Yeah, Infinite Warfare definitely surprised me. I'm still skeptical about it, though. I hope they haven't just shown the most exciting part of the game to sell it while the rest of the game is more of the same old CoD.

• Buying an Xbox One.

• Amazingly, CoD.
    I went from actively avoiding anything to do with Infinite Warfare to actually quite interested. Just goes to show heavily trailers can influence your opinion of a game.

• Breath of the Wild for sure. I was really worried about how it was going to look, and whether or not Nintendo would be able to pull it off. I'm one of the few it seems, who doesn't mind games being super linear, so I wasn't really sure about them switching to an open world format for Zelda. They'd done it well with A Link Between Worlds, but the scale isn't really comparable. But all of my concerns have been addressed, and I'm glad to hear that their'll be towns and more NPC's than the old man. No matter how excellent the gameplay is or how well designed the dungeons are, that world would feel really lonely without anyone else in it.

(And We Happy Few, I was on the fence but now I'm sold.)

• Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is the only game that I knew beforehand, had no interest in, and now am hyped for. The gameplay demo at the PlayStation press conference made me have a 180 hype turn.

• Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare definitely. Announcement trailer was simply awful, but the E3 gameplay/trailer was Hype! Game not only looked good, it looked GREAT, which is really surprising for it.

• @Barrelbot @Whoaness @selfconfessedcynic @parasitepaladin @Nillend Yes, Yes, YES!!!

Seeing that gameplay really got me excited. I'm really hoping that they make the whole thing a bit like Black Flag where you go to various locations and occupy regions or resolve conflicts "at sea"

• Gained interest
    For Honor
    Horizon: Zero Dawn
    Detroit
    CoD Infinite Warfare

Lost interest:
    Zelda
    Watch Dogs 2
    FF15

• In a surprising turn, I've found myself de-hyped for FFXV and hyped for CoD. I... I never would have imagined that, but here I am. I still want to believe in XV, but the reports from Ben and Damiani have me hella down, while the CoD stuff shown during the Sony conference looked pretty compelling!

• @Whoaness said in Which Games Did E3 2016 Change Your Mind About?:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Call of Duty went from this worst trailer of all time:

Youtube Video

To the coolest gameplay showing at Sony's conference.

Youtube Video

I hate the fact that i agree with you, not you as in person but the fact that COD had a phenominal gameplay showing!

• For me, the show did not necessarily change my mind, but rather gained interest in several titles. From slightest interest to buying Day One, these are the games that earned a spot on my list from E3 2016 (Please note I have other interests, but they have been on my radar prior to the show):

Sea of Thieves (Very wary of, but I see its potential)
    Inside (Need more info before commiting to this game)
    Death Stranding (Same as Inside)
    Titanfall 2 (Single Player has me interested, but there are other priorities)
    Crash Bandicoot Remasters (Childhood memories are wonderful aren't they?)
    Horizon: Zero Dawn (Its original debut was a cool concept, but seeing the game in action has given me a stronger interest to take notice)
    Prey (The CG trailer has me fascinated)
    God of War (Fan of the series and this game has me HYPED)
    Days Gone (I'm getting an open world The Last of Us vibe and I LOVE TLoU)

• I didn't like Skyward Sword at all and Twilight Princess wasn't as good as I remembered when I replayed it... so the new Zelda was 0 hype for me, even more with all the trouble in the development, but after E3 they changed it so much while keeping it charming and it looks so fun I can't wait to try it.

CoD Infinite Warfare is the biggest surprise, I couldn't care less for the franchise. I loved Modern Warfare 1 and 2 and classic CoD 2, but it got too tiring for me. This one now looks like the game I wanted Battlefront to be, and that makes me angry, but also hyped.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard... Oh boy, I love this demo, I played it several times trying to find all the secrets and looking for new stuff with reddit, this is what PT must have felt for the people that already had a PS4 back then. I love the classic RE tank controls prerendered style, REmake is one of the best games I've ever played and the same goes for Resident Evil 4, even if it changed it all so much. But I hated 5 and 6 (haven't tried Revelations yet) so I'm ultra hyped for another gameplay change and going back to horror.

And finally, Detroit... I could talk for hours about how much I love Heavy Rain and even Fahrenheit, and how much I hate Beyond 2 souls... But this looks like going back to the good ones, no more "you can't actually lose or die" bullshit, no more 1 character that's the only one that matters and her weird missadventures kissing boys. Good old investigations, multiple outcomes with death as a possibility... YES. Let's hope the story can go back to being good as well.

• NieR: Automata. It's original reveal looked awesome, but i recently saw a gameplay demo with the developers, and it didn't look particularly good. The E3 trailer brought some positive reassurance. It's definitely better looking than that gameplay demo, but I still want to see more. I'm not a 100% sold yet, but I'm probably going to buy it anyway.

• @Octane I disagree

On topic I would say the only game that made me lose all hope was infinite warfare. I mean that game should not even be bundled with the amazing COD4. **ck move Activision.

• I've honestly never really had any interest in getting into Resident Evil, but now that it looks like they're trying something completely new I cant wait to start playing this series.

(The VR part definitely helps)