Games That You Bought A Console For

• Banned

I bought a PS3 for Tools of Destruction. Love me some Ratchet and Clank.

Also bought a Gamecube for Sonic Adventure 2. I completely skipped over the Dreamcast back then.

• I bought a Wii at launch for Smash.
    Lined up and everything. Brought my Gamecube and a friend brought a small TV. We used the outlets outside of Futureshop to get a 60 person Smash tourney going that went from 8pm to 4am the next morning.
    I probably had more fun waiting for a Wii than I actually had playing it.

• I bought PS2 for MGS2 and FFX, DS for The World Ends With You and Ace Attorney, PS3 for MGS4 and Wii-U for Smash Bros. Also, while not console, I spent 2000€ to build PC for Skyrim (also for video editing and such, but still). I have no regrets.

• Xbox Jet Set Radio Future (UTTER REGRET of buying the Xbox. Still collecting dust)

• Wii Zelda: Twilight Princess

The rest of my consoles are just me being a fangirl. Gotta have Playstations and every sega console. Only started getting Nintendo systems with the N64 (my favourite), GameCube, and lastly Wii. Never upgraded to a WiiU.

• Wii - Smash
    DS - Pokemon Pearl
    WiiU - Smash 4
    PS4 - Bloodborne
    3DS - Pokemon Y

After this I started looking for older consoles and these were the key games i got for those systems:

GCN - SSBM (<3)
    Master System - Sonic 1/2
    PS2 - Shadow of the colossus
    N64 - Ocarina of time
    SNES - Chrono Trigger

• I never buy a console for just one game, it's gotta have at least 5 must own games and likelihood for more. I own a PS4 because I always have had playstation and they tend to release the games that I like, but I will say in general I want the system I will get more RPGs for, it's why I have a 3ds as well. I would have got a PS4 anyway, but yeah Persona 5 helped that decision, as well as KH3, FFXV, Bloodborne, and Last Guardian.

• Dreamcast - Shenmue

• NDS - Gyakuten Saiban 4 (A.K.A Ace Attorney 4 in western)
    PSP - Monster Hunter Freedom 2
    PS2 - Persona 3
    PS3 - MGS4
    PS4 - Uncharted
    And 3 months ago I got my WIIU, haven't bought any game for it yet I am just waiting for the Zelda WIIU and now I am told that the NX one will be the real one. How s Stupid I am.

• @Hesperus said in Games That You Bought A Console For:

• Xbox Jet Set Radio Future (UTTER REGRET of buying the Xbox. Still collecting dust)

JSRF is a little weird and clunky at times, but still an amazing experience! What's your problem with it?

Other good titles (aside from Halo) for the Xbox:

Project Gotham Racing 2
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
    Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (Featuring the exclusive "Oil Rig" level)
    Tony Hawk's Underground (Remember, multiplats on the Xbox have the best graphics)
    Blood Wake
    RalliSport Challenge 2
    Burnout Revenge (Better Crash mode than the 360 version)
    Steel Batallion (Pricey, but dat controller... o_0)

I bought an Xbox One for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. This happened, and Microsoft doesn't even mention the game anymore. The "Xbone" then remained a glorified Blu-ray player until Dirt Rally came out (which is a bit simulation for my taste, but it looks beautiful, and I'm getting used to it).

I also bought a Wii U at launch primarily for Pikmin 3, but also knowing that Zelda plus other great first party titles would certainly come too (which they did).

• Thing that stood out to me when I saw the subject was Wii U. Bought the Wii U only so I could play Bayonetta 2. Still have only played Bayonetta 2 and maybe 1 hour of Mario Kart on my Wii U.

• @lotsofotherstuff said in Games That You Bought A Console For:

Thing that stood out to me when I saw the subject was Wii U. Bought the Wii U only so I could play Bayonetta 2. Still have only played Bayonetta 2 and maybe 1 hour of Mario Kart on my Wii U.

Pikmin 3?
    Splatoon?
    Super Mario Maker?
    Smash 4?
    Wind Waker HD?
    Twilight Princess HD?
    The Wonderful 101?
    Xenoblade Chronicles X?
    Metroid Prime Trilogy?
    Virtual Console games?
    Wii BC games?
    Indie eShop games?

• I bought a Sega Saturn at launch for Daytona USA & Virtua fighter. It was a different time when arcade games were all the rage. In hindsight I should have got a ps1 (which I did a couple of years later)

• I originally got my PS3 specifically to play Final Fantasy Versus XIII......yeah, that didn't work out so well.

• @Oscillator said in Games That You Bought A Console For:

@lotsofotherstuff said in Games That You Bought A Console For:

Thing that stood out to me when I saw the subject was Wii U. Bought the Wii U only so I could play Bayonetta 2. Still have only played Bayonetta 2 and maybe 1 hour of Mario Kart on my Wii U.

Pikmin 3?
    Splatoon?
    Super Mario Maker?
    Smash 4?
    Wind Waker HD?
    Twilight Princess HD?
    The Wonderful 101?
    Xenoblade Chronicles X?
    Metroid Prime Trilogy?
    Virtual Console games?
    Wii BC games?
    Indie eShop games?

No to all of them.

• @lotsofotherstuff said in Games That You Bought A Console For:

Pikmin 3?
    Splatoon?
    Super Mario Maker?
    Smash 4?
    Wind Waker HD?
    Twilight Princess HD?
    The Wonderful 101?
    Xenoblade Chronicles X?
    Metroid Prime Trilogy?
    Virtual Console games?
    Wii BC games?
    Indie eShop games?

No to all of them.

You haven't played them or don't want to?

Because if it's the latter, then that's a little sad.

I mean, I dislike Sony consoles, but there are still a few games on them that interest me.

Bayonetta and Mario Kart...man... :(

• Banned

I believe I also bought a Wii U on a whim for Super Smash Bros. (I think getting NSMB & Wind Waker HD for free were also big factors.) I wanted to play with my friend since I didn't have many multiplayer games at the time. I of course played unfairly as Rosalina for about a week before we both got bored of it.

The Wii U might be the only console I've ever sold. It was collecting lots of dust so I thought it would be better in the hands of someone that would actually play it. Sold it for like $300 with 5 or 6 games.

• The new Zelda is going to make me buy a console. The question is what one I will get. NX is going to have to have more compelling software than the Wii U did. If there is nothing else compelling I will prolly buy a Wii U to play it.

• I think every single handheld Nintendo device I've ever got has been solely to play Pokemon. Also Wii Sports was the only game we had for our Wii for almost 4 years and no one complained because bowling.

• @Oscillator I have no problem with Jet Set Radio Future .. It's just I regret buying the Xbox. I only used it for that.

I just realized that I also have an Xbox 360... Not sure why I even bought that. lol

• Global Moderator

@Mr-M Oh.. you've reminded me that's the exact reason I got a Gameboy Colour. For Pokemon Silver and my brother got Gold. Those were the only 2 games we ever bought for it.