Games That You Bought A Console For

• I originally got my PS3 specifically to play Final Fantasy Versus XIII......yeah, that didn't work out so well.

• @Oscillator said in Games That You Bought A Console For:

@lotsofotherstuff said in Games That You Bought A Console For:

Thing that stood out to me when I saw the subject was Wii U. Bought the Wii U only so I could play Bayonetta 2. Still have only played Bayonetta 2 and maybe 1 hour of Mario Kart on my Wii U.

Pikmin 3?
    Splatoon?
    Super Mario Maker?
    Smash 4?
    Wind Waker HD?
    Twilight Princess HD?
    The Wonderful 101?
    Xenoblade Chronicles X?
    Metroid Prime Trilogy?
    Virtual Console games?
    Wii BC games?
    Indie eShop games?

No to all of them.

• @lotsofotherstuff said in Games That You Bought A Console For:

Pikmin 3?
    Splatoon?
    Super Mario Maker?
    Smash 4?
    Wind Waker HD?
    Twilight Princess HD?
    The Wonderful 101?
    Xenoblade Chronicles X?
    Metroid Prime Trilogy?
    Virtual Console games?
    Wii BC games?
    Indie eShop games?

No to all of them.

You haven't played them or don't want to?

Because if it's the latter, then that's a little sad.

I mean, I dislike Sony consoles, but there are still a few games on them that interest me.

Bayonetta and Mario Kart...man... :(

• Banned

I believe I also bought a Wii U on a whim for Super Smash Bros. (I think getting NSMB & Wind Waker HD for free were also big factors.) I wanted to play with my friend since I didn't have many multiplayer games at the time. I of course played unfairly as Rosalina for about a week before we both got bored of it.

The Wii U might be the only console I've ever sold. It was collecting lots of dust so I thought it would be better in the hands of someone that would actually play it. Sold it for like $300 with 5 or 6 games.

• The new Zelda is going to make me buy a console. The question is what one I will get. NX is going to have to have more compelling software than the Wii U did. If there is nothing else compelling I will prolly buy a Wii U to play it.

• I think every single handheld Nintendo device I've ever got has been solely to play Pokemon. Also Wii Sports was the only game we had for our Wii for almost 4 years and no one complained because bowling.

• @Oscillator I have no problem with Jet Set Radio Future .. It's just I regret buying the Xbox. I only used it for that.

I just realized that I also have an Xbox 360... Not sure why I even bought that. lol

• Global Moderator

@Mr-M Oh.. you've reminded me that's the exact reason I got a Gameboy Colour. For Pokemon Silver and my brother got Gold. Those were the only 2 games we ever bought for it.

• @Robbl said in Games That You Bought A Console For:

Wii U for the new Zelda. But guess on which console it's gonna have improved visuals.

Same. I got a WiiU in that tiny windo of time last year, right after Nintendo said the new Zelda would come out in 2015, and right before they mentioned the NX. Still, the WiiU is a good console, but I would have liked to play the better version of Breath of the Wild.
    At least I can sleep easy knowing BotW will be re-released with a better coat of paint in a decade or so.

• @Oscillator Of course I would want to play them. But with the fact that I have a job that takes up 10+ hours per day and I have to do other things everyday, I have to prioritise what games to play if any and the Nintendo games has been very low on that list.

I now tend to focus more on smaller more story focused games. The episodic thing is awesome since it means I can put in 5 hours in a week and actually finish games.

• Most people bought an Xbox for Halo. Halo eventually became one of my favorite game franchises, but as a Star Wars fan I actually bought the system to play Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. It was a great decision.

• N64

I had the n64 lego racer game weeks before i got the console for some reason when i was like 8. I've never been more hyped to play something since and i still have great memories of that game. It might suck i have no idea. Would be curious to know any opinions of anyone who played that game as an adult.

Xbox

Halo of course, i had the pc version first and my dads PC crashed while (because in his opinion) i was playing it

Elder Scrolls IV. Loved that game to death. Most hours i ever put in to a single game, at least a 1000.

Xbone

I was playing Shadow of Mordor on 360 and it worked like shit mostly because it had too load for about 10 seconds every f'ing time you opened the menu so it was time to get a new console. I got the one because of the halo nostalgia hype i got from mcc. I regret not switching to playstation because of the exclusives i would like to play the main one being bloodborne. So i will probably get the neo.

That turned out to be a really long winded answer i don't expect anyone to read

• Banned

@Le-Bergé I had the Lego racing game as a kid and I thought it was pretty damn awesome. I spent hours making the perfect car. I also had flashbacks to it whenever I needed to make a gummi ship in KH.

• @Mr-M Archery was my jam. My friends and I would spend literal days just snacking and shooting, trying to find the hidden fruits and just making ridiculous shots til 5-6 AM.

I have never understood buying a console solely for the sake of a single game. I've always bought consoles with the understanding that I would get a library of quality games that would entertain me until the next console came along.

• I had no desire to purchase a Wii U but once I saw Super Mario 3D World and Tropical Freeze, I went out and purchased the console. Other amazing AAA titles followed. No regrets.

• I bought a PS3 for The Last Guardian...and 2 years ago i bought a PS4 to play The Last Guardian....

N64 i got for my birthday to play super mario 64 of course, i was floored when i saw a video of it in a toy store when i was 7 or 8, Never saw a 3D video game in motion before then.

Xbox for Halo CE
    Gamecube for Twilight Princess
    360 for Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero

If i have the money i will buy an NX for the new Zelda, i think but i'm not really convinced yet.

• I can really only remember two as I usually don't buy a system for a single game.

Dreamcast : Sonic Adventure, seems funny now but I really enjoyed this game at the time (probably would still enjoy it)

Gameboy : Pokemon (the anime really pushed me into wanting this at the time)

• I usally wait till I have a list of 5 games that determine if I should buy a console, with my PS2, being the sole exception so far (played MGS:The Twin Snakes on Gamecube, and after that I was hooked)

• The only game that I've ever bought a console for to specifically play was The Last of Us. Unlike the Uncharted games it always seemed as a pillar in gaming history that would be a shame to miss. I quickly bought a used PS3 at a discounted price a day before the release of TLoU. I also ended up grabbing Heavy Rain at the store as well and loved it.

• @Hesperus said in Games That You Bought A Console For:

I just realized that I also have an Xbox 360... Not sure why I even bought that. lol

TES IV: Oblivion
    TES V: Skyrim
    Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
    Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
    Project Gotham Racing 4
    Halo 3
    Halo: Reach
    Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
    I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES 1N IT!!!1 XD

@Le-Bergé said in Games That You Bought A Console For:

Elder Scrolls IV. Loved that game to death. Most hours i ever put in to a single game, at least a 1000.

Now we're talking! ^_^