Games That You Bought A Console For
Dirokia last edited by
@Mr-M Archery was my jam. My friends and I would spend literal days just snacking and shooting, trying to find the hidden fruits and just making ridiculous shots til 5-6 AM.
I have never understood buying a console solely for the sake of a single game. I've always bought consoles with the understanding that I would get a library of quality games that would entertain me until the next console came along.
OneBagTravel last edited by
I had no desire to purchase a Wii U but once I saw Super Mario 3D World and Tropical Freeze, I went out and purchased the console. Other amazing AAA titles followed. No regrets.
Erik last edited by Erik
I bought a PS3 for The Last Guardian...and 2 years ago i bought a PS4 to play The Last Guardian....
N64 i got for my birthday to play super mario 64 of course, i was floored when i saw a video of it in a toy store when i was 7 or 8, Never saw a 3D video game in motion before then.
Xbox for Halo CE
Gamecube for Twilight Princess
360 for Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero
If i have the money i will buy an NX for the new Zelda, i think but i'm not really convinced yet.
Vexchaneu last edited by
I can really only remember two as I usually don't buy a system for a single game.
Dreamcast : Sonic Adventure, seems funny now but I really enjoyed this game at the time (probably would still enjoy it)
Gameboy : Pokemon (the anime really pushed me into wanting this at the time)
DMCMaster last edited by
I usally wait till I have a list of 5 games that determine if I should buy a console, with my PS2, being the sole exception so far (played MGS:The Twin Snakes on Gamecube, and after that I was hooked)
Paragon last edited by
The only game that I've ever bought a console for to specifically play was The Last of Us. Unlike the Uncharted games it always seemed as a pillar in gaming history that would be a shame to miss. I quickly bought a used PS3 at a discounted price a day before the release of TLoU. I also ended up grabbing Heavy Rain at the store as well and loved it.
Oscillator last edited by
I just realized that I also have an Xbox 360... Not sure why I even bought that. lol
TES IV: Oblivion
TES V: Skyrim
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
Project Gotham Racing 4
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES 1N IT!!!1 XD
Elder Scrolls IV. Loved that game to death. Most hours i ever put in to a single game, at least a 1000.
Now we're talking! ^_^
thenerdtheword last edited by
- The PSone we had just turned up one day. I think my Dad bought it for me and my brother on a whim. Ended up falling in love with the machine and all of its games.
- PS2 was a no brainer. I just wanted one because I liked my PSone so much!
- PS3 was bought for Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.
- PS4 because it had a game I worked on in the launch lineup and I really wanted to see my name in the credits on launch day on a retail kit I owned.
- Got an Xbox for Halo: CE and Fable but Blinx The Time Sweeper also looked cool (how wrong was I about Blinx?! :laughing:)
- Got an Xbox 360 for Halo and Fable as well.
- Same with the Xbox One and I've regretted it ever since because Fable is dead and Halo 5 was pants :crying_cat_face:
- I pestered my parents for a NES just to play Super Mario Bros. 3 aka the game that changed my life.
- It was a similar situation with the SNES and Super Mario All-Stars. I made a very strong "Value for money" argument!
- N64 two games: Mario 64 and Goldeneye
- Got a GameCube because of all the Nintendo games but also Phantasy Star Online Episodes I & II.
- Wii for Wii Sports and Twilight Princess
- Wii U because of Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and the promise of a new Zelda game
- Got a Super Mega Drive (as they are called in the UK) just for the Sonic games.
- Bought a Dreamcast for Shenmue and Phantasy Star Online <-- Two of the best games ever made right there.
Guest last edited by
I bought my GameCube for the Resident Evil Remake and a PS3 for Metal Gear Solid 4. Then I bought my PS4 for MGS5: The Phantom Pain which I still dread today but the new Yakuza and Kingdom Hearts will make it worth it.
OH! And Dreamcast for IllBleed!
MXAGhost last edited by
I bought Batman: Arkham Asylum collector edition a whole year before I got my PS3.
Calverz last edited by
Gamecube- Perfect Dark (Never happened obviously lol)
Xbox 360- Halo 3
Wii-Wii sports (yes really)
PS3- The last of us
Wii U - Smash4
PSP- GTA Vice City Stories
Game Boy Colour- Pokemon Red
Game Boy Advance- Pokemon Whatever
PS2- Metal Gear Solid 2
Smartzke last edited by
I bought the N64, GameCube, Wii, and Wii U all just for Smash Bros.
PS3 to play Resident Evil 5.
PS4 to play MGSV on a next gen console. No way I'd stick with past gen for Metal Gear.
SpyKi last edited by
Playstation - Crash Bandicoot
Playstation 2 - Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex
Playstation 3 - Metal Gear Solid 4
Playstation 4 - Bloodborne
PSP: God of War: Chains of Olympus
Gamecube - Mario Kart Double Dash with Zelda compilation disc.
Wii - Twilight Princess
Wii U - Bayonetta 2
Gameboy - Pokemon Yellow
Gameboy Advance - Minish Cap
DS - Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
3DS - Link Between Worlds
Xbox - Halo 2
Xbox 360 - Halo 3
Xbox One - Master Chief Collection
rossthebassist last edited by
the reason i have an xbox one was for Tomb Raider,
ChucklesBrown last edited by
Zelda could become a first for me.
Hydekk last edited by
Killer Instinct - Xbone
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep - PSP
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance - Nintendo 3DS
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 - PS3
Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess - Wii
Legend of Zelda Windwaker HD - Wii U
Super Mario Sunshine - Gamecube
Some of these consoles were also the limited edition versions that i still have :D
benoit489 last edited by
Never had a Sony system, but enjoyed playing Shadow of the Colossus with my friend on his PS2 in high school. I impulse bought a PS3 in 2012 to celebrate finishing college and the only game I got with it was SotC HD.
matt last edited by
Ngage for a portable THPS experience. Got a lot of flack for my side talking taco...but no regrets. Still have it too.
2200 last edited by
Pretty sure I bought a Wii U for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.
I_Make_Big_Boom last edited by
Xbox - Halo 2 & Halo: CE
Xbox 360 - Halo 3, ODST, Reach, and Halo Wars
Xbox One - The Master Chief Collection & Halo 5
The only game out of this entire list that was a major disappointment is Halo 5. If you take that away then every console I've bought initially for Halo is a console with validity.