Games That You Bought A Console For

• I usally wait till I have a list of 5 games that determine if I should buy a console, with my PS2, being the sole exception so far (played MGS:The Twin Snakes on Gamecube, and after that I was hooked)

• The only game that I've ever bought a console for to specifically play was The Last of Us. Unlike the Uncharted games it always seemed as a pillar in gaming history that would be a shame to miss. I quickly bought a used PS3 at a discounted price a day before the release of TLoU. I also ended up grabbing Heavy Rain at the store as well and loved it.

• @Hesperus said in Games That You Bought A Console For:

I just realized that I also have an Xbox 360... Not sure why I even bought that. lol

TES IV: Oblivion
    TES V: Skyrim
    Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
    Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
    Project Gotham Racing 4
    Halo 3
    Halo: Reach
    Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
    I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES 1N IT!!!1 XD

@Le-Bergé said in Games That You Bought A Console For:

Elder Scrolls IV. Loved that game to death. Most hours i ever put in to a single game, at least a 1000.

Now we're talking! ^_^

• Sony

• The PSone we had just turned up one day. I think my Dad bought it for me and my brother on a whim. Ended up falling in love with the machine and all of its games.
    • PS2 was a no brainer. I just wanted one because I liked my PSone so much!
    • PS3 was bought for Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.
    • PS4 because it had a game I worked on in the launch lineup and I really wanted to see my name in the credits on launch day on a retail kit I owned.

Microsoft

• Got an Xbox for Halo: CE and Fable but Blinx The Time Sweeper also looked cool (how wrong was I about Blinx?! :laughing:)
    • Got an Xbox 360 for Halo and Fable as well.
    • Same with the Xbox One and I've regretted it ever since because Fable is dead and Halo 5 was pants :crying_cat_face:

Nintendo

• I pestered my parents for a NES just to play Super Mario Bros. 3 aka the game that changed my life.
    • It was a similar situation with the SNES and Super Mario All-Stars. I made a very strong "Value for money" argument!
    • N64 two games: Mario 64 and Goldeneye
    • Got a GameCube because of all the Nintendo games but also Phantasy Star Online Episodes I & II.
    • Wii for Wii Sports and Twilight Princess
    • Wii U because of Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and the promise of a new Zelda game

Sega

• Got a Super Mega Drive (as they are called in the UK) just for the Sonic games.
    • Bought a Dreamcast for Shenmue and Phantasy Star Online <-- Two of the best games ever made right there.

• I bought my GameCube for the Resident Evil Remake and a PS3 for Metal Gear Solid 4. Then I bought my PS4 for MGS5: The Phantom Pain which I still dread today but the new Yakuza and Kingdom Hearts will make it worth it.

OH! And Dreamcast for IllBleed!

• I bought Batman: Arkham Asylum collector edition a whole year before I got my PS3.

• N64-Goldeneye
    Gamecube- Perfect Dark (Never happened obviously lol)
    Xbox- Halo
    Xbox 360- Halo 3
    Wii-Wii sports (yes really)
    PS3- The last of us
    Wii U - Smash4
    PSP- GTA Vice City Stories
    Dreamcast- Shenmue
    Game Boy Colour- Pokemon Red
    Game Boy Advance- Pokemon Whatever
    PS2- Metal Gear Solid 2

• I bought the N64, GameCube, Wii, and Wii U all just for Smash Bros.

PS3 to play Resident Evil 5.

PS4 to play MGSV on a next gen console. No way I'd stick with past gen for Metal Gear.

• Playstation - Crash Bandicoot
    Playstation 2 - Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex
    Playstation 3 - Metal Gear Solid 4
    Playstation 4 - Bloodborne
    PSP: God of War: Chains of Olympus
    Gamecube - Mario Kart Double Dash with Zelda compilation disc.
    Wii - Twilight Princess
    Wii U - Bayonetta 2
    Gameboy - Pokemon Yellow
    Gameboy Advance - Minish Cap
    DS - Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
    3DS - Link Between Worlds
    Xbox - Halo 2
    Xbox 360 - Halo 3
    Xbox One - Master Chief Collection

• the reason i have an xbox one was for Tomb Raider,

• Zelda could become a first for me.

• Killer Instinct - Xbone

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep - PSP

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance - Nintendo 3DS

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 - PS3

Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess - Wii

Legend of Zelda Windwaker HD - Wii U

Super Mario Sunshine - Gamecube

Some of these consoles were also the limited edition versions that i still have :D

• Never had a Sony system, but enjoyed playing Shadow of the Colossus with my friend on his PS2 in high school. I impulse bought a PS3 in 2012 to celebrate finishing college and the only game I got with it was SotC HD.

• Ngage for a portable THPS experience. Got a lot of flack for my side talking taco...but no regrets. Still have it too.

• Pretty sure I bought a Wii U for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

• Xbox - Halo 2 & Halo: CE
    Xbox 360 - Halo 3, ODST, Reach, and Halo Wars
    Xbox One - The Master Chief Collection & Halo 5

:(

The only game out of this entire list that was a major disappointment is Halo 5. If you take that away then every console I've bought initially for Halo is a console with validity.

• I bought the PS2 for 4 franchises: Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, and the WWF Smackdown series.
    MGS got less good in my opinion. RE4 (while being a great game) was a horrible Resi game. FF10 was atrocious in everything but the graphics department. I basically bought the thing for the Smackdown games at the time.
    When the next generation came around, I heard the Smackdown series went multiplat, so I switched console and went for the 360,
    I never looked back.
    THEN, MGS4 was released. I buckled and bought the PS3. Biggest mistake I've ever made (shadow moses and the ending redeemed it somewhat). I spend 560 euros to play 1 disappointing game.
    PS4 is just not gonna happen for me, not again. Despite the rpg's lacking on the X1. The pain is still too deep.

• I didn't know it at the time, but I bought a Sega Saturn for Panzer Dragoon Saga.

• I buy any Nintendo console for their first party of course, no other company gives me those pure joy games like Nintendo.
    I got all the PS consoles for RPGs. Lunar Silver Star Story Complete is what made me get a PS1. I saw the ad for the game in an EGM when I was on summer vacation in Germany and Italy, I was up in the Alps id look out imagining the game world in front of me. I really wanted the game and wasn't disappointed when I got it, sadly it was stolen awhile back but still got the hardcover instruction booklet and cloth map.

• Here are the ones I can remember. When I was a young kid I didn't really get to choose what consoles I was bought, although I remember pushing really hard for a SEGA Saturn.

SEGA Saturn (I traded in my Playstation for this... it was probably a mistake. My brother thankfully got one for his birthday later.): Sonic Jam / Sonic R.
    Dreamcast: Sonic Adventure
    Gamecube: Super Smash Bros Melee
    Wii: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    DS: Super Mario 64 DS
    3DS : Super Mario 3D Land
    PS3: Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
    Wii U: New Super Mario Bros. U & Nintendo Land (but Wonderful 101 & Rayman Legends had been announced)
    PS4: Infamous: Second Son, Infamous: First Light & Knack (but Uncharted 4 had been announced)

You can probably tell from this list that I like platformers a lot.