Games That You Bought A Console For

• I bought the PS2 for 4 franchises: Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, and the WWF Smackdown series.
    MGS got less good in my opinion. RE4 (while being a great game) was a horrible Resi game. FF10 was atrocious in everything but the graphics department. I basically bought the thing for the Smackdown games at the time.
    When the next generation came around, I heard the Smackdown series went multiplat, so I switched console and went for the 360,
    I never looked back.
    THEN, MGS4 was released. I buckled and bought the PS3. Biggest mistake I've ever made (shadow moses and the ending redeemed it somewhat). I spend 560 euros to play 1 disappointing game.
    PS4 is just not gonna happen for me, not again. Despite the rpg's lacking on the X1. The pain is still too deep.

• I didn't know it at the time, but I bought a Sega Saturn for Panzer Dragoon Saga.

• I buy any Nintendo console for their first party of course, no other company gives me those pure joy games like Nintendo.
    I got all the PS consoles for RPGs. Lunar Silver Star Story Complete is what made me get a PS1. I saw the ad for the game in an EGM when I was on summer vacation in Germany and Italy, I was up in the Alps id look out imagining the game world in front of me. I really wanted the game and wasn't disappointed when I got it, sadly it was stolen awhile back but still got the hardcover instruction booklet and cloth map.

• Here are the ones I can remember. When I was a young kid I didn't really get to choose what consoles I was bought, although I remember pushing really hard for a SEGA Saturn.

SEGA Saturn (I traded in my Playstation for this... it was probably a mistake. My brother thankfully got one for his birthday later.): Sonic Jam / Sonic R.
    Dreamcast: Sonic Adventure
    Gamecube: Super Smash Bros Melee
    Wii: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    DS: Super Mario 64 DS
    3DS : Super Mario 3D Land
    PS3: Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
    Wii U: New Super Mario Bros. U & Nintendo Land (but Wonderful 101 & Rayman Legends had been announced)
    PS4: Infamous: Second Son, Infamous: First Light & Knack (but Uncharted 4 had been announced)

You can probably tell from this list that I like platformers a lot.

• Let's see, I always bought Nintendo systems for their exclusives, Mario, Zelda, Kirby etc. The 1st one I bought myself was the Gamecube, day 1 and continued that trend with the Wii and Wii U (probably not NX though, unless a launch title really screams at me but i used to be a Nintendo fanboy) , GB, GBA, DS, SNES and N64 were presents.

In order of purchase:
    The Xbox I bought for Halo and KotoR
    PS2 for God of War
    The Xbox 360 I got for Saints Row
    in 2011 I got the PS3 for Hyperdimension Neptunia and knowing that it will get more JRPGs in the future.
    Last year I bought the PS4 for Omega Quintet, and knowing etc. The console also came with a free copy of The Order, meh.
    A few months later I bought an XB1 but only because of a Gamerscore promotion from Xbox Germany that gave me a 100€ discount, but knowing Halo 5 was close I took the chance, my 1st game was Sunset Overdrive though, good but not worth to buy a console for.

Non Nintendo Handheld wise, I bought a PSP for Crisis Core and the Vita for Tales of Hearts R and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus.

• Xbox 360 - Gears of war and Halo 3
    Wii U and Gamecube - Smash bros and Mario kart for both
    Vita - Persona 4
    3DS - Pokémon
    PS3 and PS4 the investment of plenty of juicy exclusives

• Gameboy: Kirby's Dream Land 2
    PS1: Crash Bandicoot
    Game Boy Advance: Super Mario Advance / Pokemon Sapphire
    Gamecube: Melee
    DS: Mario 64 DS
    Wii: Metroid Prime 3
    3DS: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
    Wii U: Wind Waker HD / Smash Bros. Wii U

And pretty soon (maybe) PS4: Yakuza 0

• I usually don't buy consoles due to any one specific game. Now I just buy them all. But I remember very vividly trying the Demo1 disc that came with the PlayStation at launch at a friends and it had a playable demo of Destruction Derby and a trailer for the original Tekken. The very next day I took all my savings and went to the store and bought a PlayStation, Tekken, Destruction Derby, extra controller and memory card. WORTH IT!
    Also I eventually bought the PS2 specifically to play Gran Turismo 4.

• On all of these prior to this gen, it was more along the lines of games I asked on my christmas list along with the console.

N64-Mario 64
    PS1- Spyro 2/ THPS 2
    Gameboy- Pokemon yellow,
    Gameboy color- Pokemon Gold
    Gameboy Advanced- Megaman Zero
    PS2-Final Fantasy X
    Gamecube- gameboy to tv adaptor adaptor/ Zelda collectors edition
    Can't remember xbox360 Maybe original Dead Rising or Guitar Hero 3?
    ps3- Ni no Kuni
    3DS- Ocarina of Time 3D
    PS4- Infamous: Second Sun
    Xbox One- Dead Rising 3
    Wii U- Mario Kart 8

• Before I got a PC to handle gaming (and before most games were ported to the PC), I used to just always get consoles. But now, I am going to get my first current gen console (minus my Wii U) specifically for 4 upcoming games (which come out in the following chronological order): Final Fantasy XV, The Last Guardian, Persona 5, and Kingdom Hearts 3 (whenever the heck that comes out). Even if those are the only 4 games I play on that console.... I will have no regrets.