Wii U/NX versions of Zelda: Breath of the Wild are the same!?

• Hey Allies,

Mumble Mumbleton here.

So Nintendo have come out and said that the two games that are set to be released next year, are going to be the same. I remember that when Twilight Princess came out on Wii and Game Cube; that they were quite the same and some even say that the GC version of the two was better, but that was because of the left handed Link.

So the question I pose to you Allies is, do you think this could be Nintendo telling fibs like their "E3 2016 Zelda only" lies to move more Wii U's out the proverbial door before the NX comes.. or they could actually be serious and doing a throw back to Nintendo days of Yore, with not leaving consumers behind and encourage customers to still support their previous console.

Kind Regards,
    Mumble Mumbleton Ally#2743

• I really hope it has some visual improvements and a steadier frame-rate (seemed to dip in places). Would definitely be disappointed if they do literally nothing to it and it's a straight port. It would just seem really pointless to me.

• @Marzy It would definitely help sell more NX consoles.

• I hope it will be the same. Bought my WiiU 2 years ago and I really don't want to spend money on a new console just to get the better experience. (Though I would probably do it. Maybe. I don't know. Game looks like so much fun.) And Nintendo promoted a Zelda WiiU Game for what feels like an eternity now and I would be extremely disappointed to find out that the NX got the better version of the game.

• Global Moderator

If they really are going for this handheld hybrid, this wouldn't surprise me too much.

Also the visuals aren't something I'd be too concerned with anyway. The artstyle in BOTW is beautiful which is the most important thing.

• @tokeeffe9 said in Wii U/NX versions of Zelda: Breath of the Wild are the same!?:

If they really are going for this handheld hybrid, this wouldn't surprise me too much.

Also the visuals aren't something I'd be too concerned with anyway. The artstyle in BOTW is beautiful which is the most important thing.

I don't enjoy object pop-ins, flickering shadows and framerate dips, do you?

• Global Moderator

@Robbl No but that's not really what this thread is about. It's about the visuals.

We've no idea how the game will actually run on WiiU or NX until it comes out so can't really speculate on those things.

I'm purely talking from a visual and artistic standpoint. Obviously I hope it runs very well.

• Yeah, I'd expect Nintendo to fix any of those performance issues before launch, I can't think of any big Nintendo games that really suffer from those things.

I wouldn't be too surprised or mind that much if the NX version was the same visually.

• At most they'll fix the pop-in and framerate in the NX version. I doubt it's going to be much of a difference. The Wii U version will run fine anyway, Nintendo rarely releases games that are beyond broken (except for Skyward Sword of course ;)).

• I'm pretty sure it will be the same, it might run better on NX but I think that's it, can't wait! Probably buying it on NX!

• Framerate is key, so I'll hold out for that NX-version. If NX has wii and Wii U backwards-compatiblity, it's a day-one buy for me.

• If the NX runs better than by definition it's NOT the same "Experience" as they put it. I hate when companies say this, yes the gameplay and content is the same but each version will run differently and therefore LOOK differently which effectively makes them different experiences.

I for one would be quite pissed, this zelda was meant to be on Wii-U before NX was even a "Thing" and now they're planning to make this release be a system seller for their new console, it's really shady.

And....it'll definitely work, people would buy a console for better framerate and/or graphical polish.

• I'd assume that the game itself will be exactly the same. No exclusive content for either the Wii U or NX versions. But I do expect the NX version to have graphical improvements. Better draw distances, more visual polish, smoother framerates, etc.

• Banned

It would be nice if the pop-in faded in instead of blatantly popping in.

Also, not a big fan of the haze that covers everything. It's pretty much my one and only major gripe, but I don't think that's something they'll address as an actual issue. Aside from that the game looks great.

• Same game. Same content. 1080p and stable framerate instead of 720p and dips is my guess.

• Very very difficult to say anything without knowing the NX specs.

• Just to echo what has been said, I think it will essentially be the same game with improved visuals.