Easy Allies Anime of the Month Club

• How much interest is there in doing something like this? I'm always on the lookout for new shows and enforcing a light time limit makes the act of completing a show a little more exciting. Perhaps we could get some interesting conversations out of it? At the least, I always enjoy experiencing a show I might not otherwise have watched.

Post below if you're interested and maybe include a show or two that you'd be interested in watching together with some Allies. Older or newer shows, I'd be down for either.

• @RoyalCactopi I'd be down, but I would want to make sure I had some consistent way of catching up. ie, shows that are available somewhere online.

• Here's MY ANIME LIST if anyone is interested on my opinion of any particular show I've seen or currently watching

http://myanimelist.net/profile/kniteowl

Please refrain from spoilers.

• I think the best bet would be to:

• People nominate anime and the one people will watch will be put up to a vote (for example on straw poll). For fun you could select a genre/theme/etc for each month.
    • Make it easily avaliable (so other people can find it or watch it online). ALT make it so one person "hosts" the show in a private showing so people can watch it live together.
    • Maybe try and avoid the too mainstream stuff.

• Sure, I'm always up for talking about anime. :smiley:
    I think right now Tanaka-kun and Flying Witch are my favorites to watch. I need something mellow when things get hectic. Macross Delta so far has been pretty average which is pretty disappointing (it's my favorite series).

I love the idea of watching some shows online together if its feasible and easy to do.

• I'd be down for this, sounds like a cool idea.
    I watch a ton of anime. Here's my MAL profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/crimilde

The manga list I update more rarely, though, but anime is up to date.

• I'm currently watching Jojo and since they keep referencing that in streams and such that could be a fun one to watch/discuss.

• I'm just sitting here waiting for One Punch Man season 2

• This sounds rad!
    Right now the 3 anime I've been keeping up with are Assasination Classroom, Bungou Stray Dogs, and Sakamoto Desu Ga?.
    -AssClass is gonna end next week, but I think it's totally worth watching, definitely one of my favorite anime.
    -Bungou Stray Dogs is still in it's baby stages and it's amazing if you're a literature buff like me since all the characters are named after/based off of authors and all their powers on one of their works (western authors are about to hit the scene, praise Edgar Allen Poe in the manga he's great). Also this shows writing is just really funny.
    -Sakamoto Desu Ga? is straight up hilarious.

But really this sounds super fun.

• I've only watched two animes and those are Sword Art Online and Fairy Tail. I really liked SAO but Fairy Tail wasn't really my style. There are just so many anime and it's so hard to know where to start and I would love it if these guys would talk about.

• alt text
    This sounds like an excellent idea, I'm always down for watching anime. I'd nominate something classic, like Cowboy Bebop or Gundam Wing. But I'll watch pretty much anything.

• Folks like H3H3 Productions and JonTron have 30 days free trial promos for Crunchyroll, I think. Might be worth checking out.

• I would definitely be interested in this depending on what got chosen. I'm fairly open to most genres with shounen being the only one I mostly avoid. But even those can be interesting to watch as long as it's not drawn out.

• I am somewhat interested in this. Though I am so bad at keeping up with anime. I think. Most of the things I'm watching are airing so I suppose those don't count.

• What if we make it the first three episodes of one show every other week? It lets us go through more shows quicker without being too prohibitive in terms of speed, and even most of the shows that take an episode or two to really hit their stride or reveal a major plot point (looking at you, PMMM) will have reached that point by the end of episode three. I do like the nomination system, but something I worry about is that it may make it hard for little-known gems to get their turn at recognition. That said, I'm not sure that I know what a good selection system would look like.

• I'd be 100% down for this. I dont think we should limit it to recommendations, though. It could be incredibly fun to find some obscure series none of us knows anything about and dive into it together, sort of a Dumb Anime Monday type deal. No pre-existing expectations.

Regardless, I'm in.

• @Barrelbot Oh that's a great idea!

• What if we just made 2 lists, obscure anime and more popular anime, and shuffled them each week. We could keep adding more shows as time goes on and removing those that we've already seen. But maybe we should try and limit it to one nom per person, per list, so things don't get crazy.

• @michemagius So 1 noodle and 1 broth?

In any case, 1-2 people basically need to be in charge of this and host/organize it.

• If we have a max of one noodles and one broth for each person and then we can cap the number of submissions and then when we're more than halfway through those submissions we can open to more, I feel like we'll get a good variety and not be overwhelmed. It also gives newer releases a chance to be seen while they're still relevant instead of being buried in a mountain of shows. The noodles and broth format also works out well if we decide to do it on the schedule I suggested (the first three episodes of the show with a new show every other week) because we'll get one noodles and one broth a month. Depending on how we want to handle this, I might be interested in taking a leadership position to get everything set up. I'm not the most personally familiar with anime, but I'm good at managing forms, updating people with the new designated show, and being organized. I might also even try to provide streaming links as part of those update posts if I can find them lying around somewhere.