Beyond Good & Evil 2

• @Haru17
    My guess is one of two things

1. Some time after the Paris Games Week event, talks might have started with Nintendo to pay for development/Exclusivity for a future Wii U/ NX game (depending on when said talks happened) The question then becomes was it Nintendo that picked BG&E, or did Ancel step in and volunteer it.

Although if that is true it makes me wonder about the attitude Ubisoft has towards Ancel and his team. I mean you think someone who has been with the company since the beginning, help put them on the map, make a game engine used among a variety of games, not to mention everything he was worked on being critically acclaimed (except maybe Tonic Trouble) would have no issue getting funding for any project he wanted to do.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jade_(game_engine)

1. Wild is having some kind of development issue, which is possible given everything that has been promised so far. Ancel either looking for something to pass the time, or being the kind of person who needs to work on something all the time (lest he build a deathray or something)

Either way its impossible to know unless someone gets the info out of Ancel or Yves Guillemot.
    Also Ubisoft is trying to fight off being bought out by Gameloft, so its possible that they are open to the idea of doing exclusives, if it means more cash to avoid a buyout. As of September Vivendi (Gamelofts parent company) Has about a 22%-23% stake in Ubisoft.

Also BG&E2 could possibly release at launch or within the first 6 months of the NX release, which would be a good time to release any new IP, or give a old IP a second chance at life

• @tokeeffe9
    Sorry sent that reply before I was fully awake this morning, Although I did give a reason above as to why it could be exclusive

• https://www.instagram.com/p/BLJ-Y8EAqCZ/?taken-by=michelancel
    It's official, BG&E2 is officially in pre production.

Stumbled upon a rumor that a NX direct will happen on Oct 21st, again a rumor so take it with a grain of salt.

• Pre-production would mean it's a couple years away at least. So that pretty much kills the hope of it being a NX launch title...

Or does it? :D

• @Axel
    I'm just glad to hear it's finally in production.

• So it'll be out around the same time as Death Stranding.

If this is an NX exclusive, it actually will be very similar to when Bayonetta 2 released if not later into the cycle.

• They shouldn't even be announcing this game yet. Expect a long wait full of delays and that's if it doesn't get cancelled. But I hope for all the ppl wanting this, that none of those things happen.

Wish game publishers and devs would stop announcing things to soon. Wait until your game looks like it's coming along really well before you throw it out there for consumers to get over hyped about.

• Beyond Good & Evil 2 is to the NX what Breath of the Wild has been to the Wii U.

YoU'Re AlWaYs WaItInG fOr A zElDa!1!!

• It's weird indeed that they would start hyping it up just to announce it's only in pre-production, especially since the game has already been teased for years.

Also Ubisoft just announced that the free game for October in the Ubi30 promotion will be... Beyond Good & Evil.

Why drum up so much hype now for something that's a couple years off? Unless they do plan to announce it as an NX exclusive after all...

• @Axel Maybe due to show shareholders that the company needs it's independence to make games like that; another way to fight off Vivendi.

• All I can think about now is how much it's going to hurt when Vivendi buys out Ubisoft and cancels this game.

• Game to be released in 2018. Will be a semi-reboot, with a expanded retelling of Jade's story, going into Pej'ys past a relationship with Jade's parents.
    Youtube Video

• Oh, did you hear that? That wasn't an earthquake, it was me sighing.

• Ubisoft posted a video showing early gameplay and technology footage, it's incredibly impressive!

Youtube Video

• Banned

@DMCMaster said in Beyond Good & Evil 2 CONFIRMED:

Game to be released in 2018. Will be a semi-reboot, with a expanded retelling of Jade's story, going into Pej'ys past a relationship with Jade's parents.

EL OH EL

@Axel said in Beyond Good & Evil 2 CONFIRMED:

NX exclusive baybayyyyy!!

EVEN BIGGER EL OH EL

• @Art No one thought they'd make next gen No Man's Sky as a sequel to a Zelda-alike. Obviously something this tech demo-y won't run well on Switch. I don't see why you're mocking people for having expectations with the power of a half year of hindsight.

However, whether all of these guts will make a living, breathing, entertaining game is another question entirely. Ancel can say he doesn't want an empty world all he wants, but he literally showed a world that doesn't even have trees and grass on flat land. If they wants to make next gen From Dust I'm all for it, but what the heck does that have to do with the Fifth Element-style cinematic trailer for Beyond Good and Evil 2 they showed?

It's good they only showed 3 planets, they look non-literally sized, which helps to limit the game's scope. However, with the meteor strikes killing slaves and forming craters that he talked about, there are obviously going to be randomly generated areas to this game without a handcrafted feel or intelligent level design. It sucks that only the cities will have any sort of level design, making BGE2 yet another example of throwaway natural environments.

How the on-foot combat, quests, whether there are any puzzle or other gameplay elements outside of those, and story will work, who even knows anymore. What are we excited for again?

• @Haru17 Sounds extremely ambitious but hard to get a clear picture of what the game will be about indeed. He promised many more of these videos in the future so we should learn a lot about the game in the next 3 years! ;)

• I am curious to hear from people who were craving a BG&E2 game.

I played the HD version of the original game on PS3 and really enjoyed it but the CGI trailer and tech demo seem extremely different from that game.

Also I thought with how the first game ended that people wanted to see that cliffhanger resolved?

So I'm just wondering if people are still happy they are getting anything BG&E related or if the tonal/story shift is a bit disappointing?

• What even is the gameplay in Beyond Good and Evil 1 like? Is it really like a 3D Zelda game or is that just something people say?