Crazy Bargains!

• I was in the mood for a bit of bad company 2 when I realised, I had played it on PS3 and not 360! whilst i had a PS3 I remembered the awkward way it is to get that console to stream... so went to my local CEX store and picked up Bad Company 2 for a mere 80p! That’s just slightly over $1 for Americans.

alt text

on top of that, despite the fact I was spending less than £1 the guy behind the counter gave me a Diamond Dogs MGSV steel book promo box for free just because I asked how much. He said it was promo but they couldn't sell them so I could just have it!

The game I went for maybe old, but I think for the price I paid I got a real steal, double as much when you consider the free promo tin!

What was the last gaming bargain you guys and girls had?

• Don't know if it technically counts as a bargain, but I bought Red Dead used for 360 many years ago. I was surprised when I opened it at home and discovered that it was a never-opened copy with DLC codes inside! One of the few times I've bought a physical game so it was a good time :smile:

By the way Ross, that game is so good, I should download it from Origin again tonight and play some Vietnam. It's still got a lot of people on PC!

• @Hoken i suck at keyboard at mouse play in my old age lol.

I would think thats a bargain, buying used but getting a sealed copy! deffo :)

• I didn't put it in my O.P but freebie for spending 80p :)
    alt text

alt text

• @rossthebassist Damn, that is a nice looking case.

A few years ago now I managed to track down a PS2 copy of Persona 4 and the clerk threw in a copy of Persona 3 for free. I had already bought it on PSN, but I wasn't about to pass up free Persona.

• @Chie-Best-Waifu said in Crazy Bargains!:

@rossthebassist Damn, that is a nice looking case.

A few years ago now I managed to track down a PS2 copy of Persona 4 and the clerk threw in a copy of Persona 3 for free. I had already bought it on PSN, but I wasn't about to pass up free Persona.

That right there is HOW ITS DONE!

• Bad Company 2 is a cool game. Definitely a steal at that price. And that stealbox is just gravy!

• A few years back I was in a pawn shop and got all the PS2 SMT games for $2 each. I should also mention they were all brand new.
    In retrospect I probably should have kept sealed, but I really wanted to try Digital Devil Saga.
    Also not really a deal but I once convinced the owner of a pawn shop I had a extremely rare game (Ratchet & Clank 1, with the Japanese boxart I got from a friend), walked away with a nice $200

• Remember Me is currently 80% off on steam. Just had to buy that :o

• Many moons ago I got Beyond Good & Evil for PC for, like, 4 bux.
    Probably the best 4 dollars I've ever spent.

• Best ever?

Suikoden and Vandal Hearts for $15 circa 1999 in a Zellers bargain bin.

• @Silverogre said in Crazy Bargains!:

Best ever?

Suikoden and Vandal Hearts for $15 circa 1999 in a Zellers bargain bin.

You scored MASSIVE!

• I got Okami for Wii for $4 and Jet Set Radio for $3.

• @Silverogre Pfft. I got Suikoden free when I stole it off of my friend's big brother

When a local game store here closed down they had some sick deals. Castlevania Aria of Sorrow for 10 bux.
    Guardian Heroes for 14. I already owned a copy, but it is my favorite game of ALL TIME, so I grabbed another.

• alt text

Got this two years ago on amazon.

• I played and loved the first Assassin's Creed, but never touched any of the sequels. Last week I picked up II, Brotherhood, Revelations(including 1 on the disc), III(including a season's pass), IV(for the PS4) and Rogue for about $30 CAD. So, that felt pretty great!

• This seems like the best place to mention this, but for everyone in the USA (Does Canada do this?), Best Buy's GCU program is now enrollable online, whereas you used to have to go to the store in person. This is really helpful for me, cause I get that crazy 20% off of new games, and I don't have to drive all the way out to Best Buy.

So the last time I got a good bargain, will be in the future, when I get charged $47 for Star Ocean 5! :)

The actual last time I got a really good deal was when I got the Growlanser Generations LE off of Amazon for $20, and the Robotech Battlecry LE for GC for $10.

• Just picked up The Sims 4 for $4 at Target because some accidentally put a clearance sticker on it

• I'm in Japan right now. They have a second hand store and their video game section is loaded with cheap finds. Nintendo DS lites and original DS systems for $1-$5. I picked up an original Gameboy DMG-01 for about $1USD and it's in mint condition!

• God damn, I gotta find that store if I ever go over.