Uploading Cover Picture shows me errors

• When I try to upload a png image with 1500 x 1125 size for the image... It shows me this error: error uploading, code : 413

What are the requirements for uploading cover picture/images?

• Think its the file size.. I had same problem, If you are trying to upload a png file - convert to jpeg and upload. jpeg are smaller in size.

• admin

@runner609 said in Uploading Cover Picture shows me errors:

Think its the file size.. I had same problem, If you are trying to upload a png file - convert to jpeg and upload. jpeg are smaller in size.

This. The images aren't re-encoded or anything, so people have to actually download whatever you upload, so if it's super high-quality or something, it'll kill people. JPEG is your friend.

• @UltimateBrent said in Uploading Cover Picture shows me errors:

@runner609 said in Uploading Cover Picture shows me errors:

Think its the file size.. I had same problem, If you are trying to upload a png file - convert to jpeg and upload. jpeg are smaller in size.

This. The images aren't re-encoded or anything, so people have to actually download whatever you upload, so if it's super high-quality or something, it'll kill people. JPEG is your friend.

PNG is a great filetype because you don't lose any pixel. Or rather the quality is better.

I got my wallpaper to upload because I got it compressed via something like tinypng.

• admin

PNG is a great format, but at JPEG is a much more "idiot-proof" format. You can make a gigantic PNG or a very efficient one, but a JPEG will only get so big. So if you're not familiar with image formats, it's the easy default, and 99.9% of people will never be able to see a difference.