Easy Allies Fan Game

• Ever since FrameTrap, I've been thinking of a game I would make as a fan game for them. I've started drafting some ideas down. Ian has been the only person who has responded to my question regarding what superpowers they think they'd have, so I'm wondering what you guys think!

What superpower do you think each Ally would have if the power were based on them (their personality, experiences, etc.)?

• Jones: Has the power of the golden voice. He's mastered tone and inflection to the point where he can influence others with his speech, and even find vocal harmonies with his words that can shatter glass.

Sophie: Can almost leap onto a table in a single bound. It's nearly impossible to resist petting and lavishing attention onto Sophie when in her presence.

Bosman: By day, he's a mild mannered journalist, but by night, he swallows a chemical formula that transforms him into a giant, beastly Shigeru Miyamoto.

Ben can generate a holographic waifu with the power of his mind that appears so realistically, that unless physically touched - is indistinguishable from the real life Chie.

Bloodworth is actually a centuries old vampire. He has become immune to sunlight and has a literal "Blood Tub". Has all the regular vampire abilities. Can turn into mist, super strength. Looks appropriate in a top hat.

Huber: Once his hype levels are fully charged, hes immune to most kinds of physical damage. His ultimate form is capable of making hype dreams into reality.

Ian's power is empathy. He's able to imagine himself in other people's shoes so well that he can basically predict other people's future behaviors and instantly know when they are dishonest or are being influenced by others. Also, his fingernails change colors depending on his moods.

Brad is possessed by the spirit of Justice. Kind of like Anders in Dragon Age II. (Keep your eye on him!) This spirit gives him insight into the complexities of right and wrong and will allow him to be unquestioned when passing judgement on other allies. Until he eventually snaps and turns heel, I suppose.

Don's power is that of entropy. Essentially a passive ability, Don introduces chaos into chaos-free systems, entropy causes the unexpected to always occur around Don. He can sometimes tap into the chaos and "read" it, but can usually not influence it in one way or another (as this would be applying order to chaos, and that's not his bag). Don frequently uses his brief insights into the abyss to gain an edge in gambling and to tap into the primal essence of chaos to solve crimes. He has to maintain a random ratio of crimes solved to gambling though. Wouldn't want there to be a pattern.

Damiani can single out an aspect of another person's personality (a weakness of character, like a sweet tooth, or nervous tic) and cause it to take over their entire personality temporarily. He uses this largely for his own amusement at this time.

• Damiani has the power of the elder troll, a mythical being that allows him to troll anyone at any time, often when s/he is least expecting it.

• @TokyoSlim said in Easy Allies Fan Game:

Jones: Has the power of the golden voice. He's mastered tone and inflection to the point where he can influence others with his speech, and even find vocal harmonies with his words that can shatter glass.

I could certainly use this one. Would make for a good type of character.

Sophie: Can almost leap onto a table in a single bound. It's nearly impossible to resist petting and lavishing attention onto Sophie when in her presence.

I absolutely want to include Sophie in some capacity. I just don't know how yet.

Bosman: By day, he's a mild mannered journalist, but by night, he swallows a chemical formula that transforms him into a giant, beastly Shigeru Miyamoto.

Hahahaha funny, but not workable for my idea. I was thinking what if somehow Yogala started creeping into his subconscious and occasionally he would become him. He always has the same powers as Yogala regardless of whether his personality has been taken over by him.

Ben can generate a holographic waifu with the power of his mind that appears so realistically, that unless physically touched - is indistinguishable from the real life Chie.

Hmmm... Not sure that's workable =P

Bloodworth is actually a centuries old vampire. He has become immune to sunlight and has a literal "Blood Tub". Has all the regular vampire abilities. Can turn into mist, super strength. Looks appropriate in a top hat.

Does he like Vampires a lot? That could work...

Huber: Once his hype levels are fully charged, hes immune to most kinds of physical damage. His ultimate form is capable of making hype dreams into reality.

Oh man I hadn't even thought of Hype levels! I kept thinking of battle axes.

Ian's power is empathy. He's able to imagine himself in other people's shoes so well that he can basically predict other people's future behaviors and instantly know when they are dishonest or are being influenced by others. Also, his fingernails change colors depending on his moods.

I've got a pretty good bead on his character!

Brad is possessed by the spirit of Justice. Kind of like Anders in Dragon Age II. (Keep your eye on him!) This spirit gives him insight into the complexities of right and wrong and will allow him to be unquestioned when passing judgement on other allies. Until he eventually snaps and turns heel, I suppose.

I have a feeling Brad is gonna be a tough one!

Don's power is that of entropy. Essentially a passive ability, Don introduces chaos into chaos-free systems, entropy causes the unexpected to always occur around Don. He can sometimes tap into the chaos and "read" it, but can usually not influence it in one way or another (as this would be applying order to chaos, and that's not his bag). Don frequently uses his brief insights into the abyss to gain an edge in gambling and to tap into the primal essence of chaos to solve crimes. He has to maintain a random ratio of crimes solved to gambling though. Wouldn't want there to be a pattern.

I was actually thinking Don wouldn't even have any powers. He just happens to be fighting demons and monsters of his own accord and doing a damn good job of it, haha!

Damiani can single out an aspect of another person's personality (a weakness of character, like a sweet tooth, or nervous tic) and cause it to take over their entire personality temporarily. He uses this largely for his own amusement at this time.

Do you think that would be better than something Tri-force related?

• @ThyBlight Tri-force would be cool too, but careful for copyright and shit I guess (if that even matters for your project).

• Yeah, I was going to call it a rock or gem that has more pieces to make him more powerful. He has one.

• I'd probably go for two options if I were to make a fan game. As I'm not a programmer they'd be interactive fiction games:

• It would be based on the Easy Update episode in hell, where you have to navigate the dangerous world of EZA hell, and all the perils that follow.

• A game like the Japanese-only title Captain Rainbow via text. The EZA crew have fallen on hard times and it's your job to help them out of their slump. For example, Huber has lost his hype and you need to get him back on his rails. Jones has gone mad with stress trying to run EZA and is now convinced he's Batman. Bosman has a bout of amnesia and has forgotten all the gaming news in the last ten years. Bloodworth keeps getting 5-star reviews from a mystery stranger and so on.

• alt text

How does this look? I know I've left Schluffe out. He's since been written in. Anything else I'm missing?

What about other Allies' alternate outfits? I've got each tabletop escapades character's outfit as an outfit and I've got a Noodles'n'broth Ben outfit idea.

• This post is deleted!

• I want to bump this now

• Oh man, someone had bumped this!

I worked a little more on it but school has gotten a bit in the way along with another slew of videogames I have had. This game will be continued once I fall back into it. If anyone wants to continue or collaborate, I was in the process of beginning on sprite make-up.

• For Story:

I've got still images of the group playing a group stream of some random game. Then we get a still of an asteroid that is coming toward Earth. We see another shot of the gang playing before BAM! We get a shot of the Earth being struck by the Asteroid and a shockwave emanates forth from the wreckage. The gang is miles away but they feel the hit. They exit Jones' house and see an explosion in the distance before being struck by the Shockwave. BAM! All of them get his by very Fantastic Four looking waves that begin to alter their physical makeup.

They take a moment to gather themselves and there could potentially be some witty banter with their powers before going back inside and seeing a news bulletin that Demons/Monsters/Aliens are attacking LA citizens. It doesn't take long for the gang to decide they need to help! That's where the game begins!

Characters:

Ian Hink
    Power:
    Ian has become more androgynous. He is wearing his standard pink t-shirt that says “strong female character”, but there is something else. His/her eyes have gone black, and occasionally his/her body pulsates with an inhumane shift, as if his/her body is not in sync with this plane of existence. Think very lovecraftian abbhoration.
    Attacks: (All Attacks assume Super Nintendo Controller)
    Y - His arm turns into a weird sort of dark whip thing and he slashes down.
    YY - his second attack has his other arm whip a tentacle upward slightly slower
    Each attack after this repeats
    X - He screams and then squishes down from both the top of his head and the bottom of his feet into a pancake, moves in the direction he was facing before pressing the button, and then comes back up. Used as an evasion technique. (Think Venom's dash from MvC2.)
    B - Jump. He jumps higher than anyone because when he does it his body looks all weird and almost cartoonish as a wind-up for the jump.
    Y while Jumping - Spikes shoot down from his body while in air. He boosts up very slightly (like three or four pixels) when he shoots them. He can do this attack twice while in air.
    A - Superpower - A portal opens and multi-eyed tentacles jut out, grabbing Ian and pulling him in. He fights it for a moment but it’s hopeless. The portal closes. If in multiplayer, the players have to play for about a minute before a portal opens from the top of the screen and all sorts of hellish monstrosities emerge from it, wiping out all enemies from the screen and shooting a new – more monstrous – Ian. This is a limited time power up. [No stat specifics yet]
    Alternate Outfits:
    Ian Hink - S/He wears the standard pink “strong female character” shirt.
    Therese - This is his elf TE character.
    Lylia - Still not sure I want this as it's not Easy Allies, and is instead GameTrailers.
    *I don't watch EZUpdate as much. If there are any other alternative outfits, please let me know. *

Brad Ellis
    Don't have his powers down yet.

Alternate Outfits:
    Bradley Ellis
    Nicader - This is his TE Rogue character.

Damiani
    He looks mostly the same but now has a crystal that gives him the power of courage. He turns it into a sword and shield and uses those as his weapons.
    Attacks:
    Y - He swings his sword.
    YY - He swings his sword the other direction
    YYY - He swings his sword downward to the ground, pausing a bit.
    X - While holding this he holds up his shield, taking far less damage if an enemy hits him from the front.
    B - Standard Jump
    Y while Jumping - Brings his sword down and plants it in the ground. Takes a second to pull it back out if it doesn’t hit an enemy.
    A - Super Power - He pulls out a fluit-ish instrument and plays it. No effect written yet.

Bloodworth
    Nothing as of yet.

Brandon Jones
    Powers:
    Looks the same, but he now has the Golden Voice: a power he does not fully understand.
    Attacks:
    LR - Brandon is a little different with his moveset. Pressing LR cycles his voice selection, which gives him a variety of attacks he can use based on his voice. This comes at the cost of his superpower, but his super power is less powerful and thus not something people would want to save as much.
    Y - Basic attack. This varies depending on his voice choice. If nothing, he does a normal punch. He can string 5 punches before break.
    Alternate Outfits:
    Standard - Pick one of his standard outfits.

Huber
    Powers:
    Super pumped. Faster than most of the other characters and jumps quicker and more ecstatically. For high energy players. Because of his intense energy build-up, he wears no shirt or pants. He is a much redder shade of pink, and you can see steam shooting out from his body like the colossal titan from Attack on Titan.
    Attacks:
    Alternate Outfits:
    Hyped Huber - This is his standard skin. He is shirtless and pantless. He is wearing torn boxers and is muscular. Steam juts out of random parts of his body like Jin in a MvC2.
    Michael Huber - This is his normal attire [look up later].
    Law - This looks nothing like Huber. It is his Dwarf Character from Tabletop Escapades.
    Pomper - This looks nothing like Huber. It is his Dragonborn character from TE.
    Hogger - From Tabletop Adventures. Very hard skin to find (If I include it)!

Kyle Bosman
    Only have his outfits so far.
    Outfits:
    Kyle Bosman - Typical hoody-wearing Bosman with Jeans.
    Yogala - Kyle’s DnD character. Looks like a shabby wizard with a goofy wizard hat. Change vocal que’s to match the character.
    Final Bosman - Kyle in a standard business suit. Same Vocal Que’s as Kyle Bosman.
    Last Levelle - Mixture of Kyle Bosman and Final Bosman. Wears a business suit with hoody underneath. Change voice to match character.
    Liquid Bosman - Looks like Kyle Bosman except he wears a denim jacket and has ridiculous blonde hair. Change Voice.
    Schluffe - Looks like Kyle Bosman except he's a German who wears a tight brown shirt with quaffed up hair. Speaks German.

Ben Moore
    Powers:
    Ben awakes to find that there is a samurai sword lodged into the ground right next to him. He picks it up, lightning crackling from him as he does so. He is now Hotake Ben, the mystic samurai.
    Alternate Outfits:
    Ben Moore: Standard outfit is him wearing his regular clothing except he has a samurai sword.
    Noodles & Broth Ben: Instead of his sword, he has a pair of chopsticks. Somehow his attack range remains the same. He wears a kimono and has a bowl of noodles in his non-chopstick hand.
    MechaBen - This is a robotic ronin Ben.
    Samurai Ben - This is Ben with the full Samurai Outfit.
    ChibiBen -

Don Casanova (Secret Character)
    Powers: He's going to be plane old Don but with a gun and one hit kills, haha!

Things to be included in the story:
    Kyle's Desk that tells truths
    Mr. Mime as Kyle's original producer.
    Mountain Dew and Jet Motto
    Battle of the bands
    Do’s & Don'ts
    Phillip Dollarfield
    If people of stuff that is canon that doesn't involve Bosman's old show, please let me know so I can include it.