What games are going to Shrek? (podcast game)

• I think "addiction based XP" style of multiplayer will be the Shrek games. Their substance is so reliant on unlocks as opposed to actually enjoying the game. +10-Syndrome if you will.

• COD4 and sequels
    • Borderlands

Whereas I used to play SOCOM II, Halo 3 and TF2 because the gameplay was amazing and I wanted to win. Those games are generally ageless.

• some games that already went to shrek :(

Twisted Metal
    Red faction
    Lost Planet
    Crysis
    Fable
    SOCOM

Games that are going shrek

Tell Tale games - the magic will fade away someday along with its old tech engine
    Dead Rising
    Silent hill - Great series! but a little rough around the edges when trying to replay them now
    Sonic series - still hoping im not right about this one and it will return to glory one day

• @PixelRadio Was Lost Planet every that popular/well received to begin with? Also, holy shit, yes to Dead Rising. I totally hadn't thought of that as an option but you're absolutely right.

• Far Cry. Or any series that fits Ubisoft's "taking over towers/outposts in an open-world" mold. That whole genre (or sub-genre I guess) needs to start doing something new. Horizon's scenario looks so cool but if the core gameplay is what I just described without any new twists, I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

Edit: Also, the Arkham series. Rocksteady is very wise to leave the series now because it really feels like they've done everything they can and the series has run its course. My fear is that Warner Bros. are still going to keep churning them out by passing them on to a B-Team like WB Montreal.

• @PixelRadio said in What games are going to Shrek? (podcast game):

some games that already went to shrek :(

Twisted Metal
    Red faction
    Lost Planet
    Crysis
    Fable
    SOCOM

Games that are going shrek

Tell Tale games - the magic will fade away someday along with its old tech engine
    Dead Rising
    Silent hill - Great series! but a little rough around the edges when trying to replay them now
    Sonic series - still hoping im not right about this one and it will return to glory one day

Went back and played Twisted Metal 1,2,3 and Black and it holds up well. SOCOM I and II are timeless imo, and Fable 1 and 2 are enjoyable but still not aging great.

DR is spot on but I find it fun still.

• But after 3, The Journey, and Legends, if Xbox stops the franchise now, Fable is not going to remembered poorly.

And didn't we all realize last year with Life is Strange that we don't have to tolerate Telltale's short episodes, janky graphics, and passe writing anymore?

• Banned

I feel like every Open World Action/Rpg prior to the TW3, FFXV and BoTW will be looked back on and people will wonder why those games had such little effort put into graphics and gameplay.

• @Art i agree the quality and polish is just so much better then something like skyrim

• Banned

@SEEGAAAA I think the Arkham series will be looked back at fondly, but maybe only half of it. Asylum/City are great, but Origins/Knight are both kinda mediocre. Playing Origins just last night I actually prefer it over Knight.

• @Art I agree with you on the Arkham games. I can't picture a point where Asylum and City aren't remembered as great games.
    And I totally prefer Origin to Knight. It didn't do anything new, so it was more of the same. But when the same is so much fun, I didn't mind it. Knight might have taken a few more risks, but that just meant more batmobile. And it's story was certainly the weakest.