Titanfall 2 or Battlefield 1?

• So, after this E3 there are 4 games that I intended to preorder. I only do this for games that have impressive multiplayer and campaign. Those are No man's sky, For Honor, Titanfall and Battlefield 1. These are all expensive games with 60€/$ price. I am already sold on the first two, but for other two, I'll need to decide between them, since they will be released very close together (whats with that anyway?).
    Are you allies more interested in multiplayer for Battlefield 1 or Titanfall 2? Since singleplayer seems to be interesting in both, if we were to create a decent sized group to play, for which game would it be?

Since this is EA, it is possible that either or both games could turn out to be bad (but I doubt it), so we should probably wait for reviews. But as right now, what multiplayer battle would you rather jump into?

L&R

• Titanfall 2, all dlc maps/modes will be free.

Battlefield 1 will split the playerbase selling these.

• @Stormcrownn Wow! That I didn't know. I was more into Battlefield 1, but with this in mind... Titanfall really seems like a better choice.

• @Nillend That's my current mindset.

Battlefield 1 is a game I'd pick up to play with people. Titanfall 2 has some serious replay value with the variety of Titans. I also really really enjoyed the movement system of Titanfall. If the fast-paced stuff doesn't really fit your own preferences then that would be a dealbreaker.

• I'm buying both. I love my shooters.

• All of them!
    COD, Battlefield 1, Titan Fall 2, Last Guardian, just all of my money gone!

• i think titanfall 2 might take it for me. titanfall 1 was fantastic (mp), and i want to see them improve and expand on that further. battlefield has become as cookie cutter as Call of Duty to me. ill probably end up picking up CoD or BF later down the line when it has an ultimate edition with all dlcs included.

• Definitely getting both. We should all jam them together

• I played both this past Sunday when I was in L.A.

I liked Titanfall 2 more.

I have 0 investment in either franchise. The controls felt incredibly tight and the characters felt ultra responsive. I played Titanfall on PS4 and BF1 on PC. The BF1 match was far bigger in scope though. It seemed like I had trouble finding people to shoot because the map was big.

None of this is indicative of the final games in either case. Realistically I won't be getting either.

• Titanfall 1 was one of the most enjoyable shooters I've played in years. I had so much fun with it and played it constantly until the Master Chief Collection came out (and plenty after it came out since multiplayer in MCC was broken for 3 months). If Titanfall 2 is anything like the first game then it is a must play!

• They're both multiplayer focused games so I feel like the single player will, like always, be something that they put little effort into. It's all about making the maps look good.

I'd say BF1 because it's Dice and they actually took more time to make this than BF4, even though Bad Company was probably the best battlefield with a single player experience and that's only because they focused on comedy to propel it forward.

• Global Moderator

I think realistically Battlefield 1 will have the legs over Titanfall. Just look at any major BF game, there are still a huge number of players on them while Titanfall fell by the wayside and now it's inbetween BF and COD.

I think both games will be a lot of fun though although the BF campaign will be rubbish I'm sure.

• It depends on the strength of the singleplayer content for me. I enjoy multiplayer every now and then but I don't have the time to invest it really. Overwatch has awesome drop in drop out MP which is perfect for me so I'm in no rush to focus on more MP.

CurrentIy I am leaning towards Titanfall 2 because I think they could do some really cool stuff with the mechs in set pieces. There could also be some interesting level design around the on foot and mech gameplay. But any campaign for BF1 has the potential to be something special because of the period it is set in. If they use the campaign to show the horrors of WWI then it could be really interesting and different for both Battlefield as a series and EA as a company.

• I don't really play shooters, maybe the odd campaign and rarely some multiplayer.

I think Titanfall 2 looks the more ambitious game. The campaign trailer was surprisingly compelling with the Titan-Human relationships angle.
    The multiplayer is certainly unique with the Titan action. It could be a lot of fun. That's the only input I can offer.

If Battlefield 1 gets WW1 right in the campaign, it could be special. I don't want to see the Central Powers as the "bad guys". This isn't WW2, its not as simple to portray it as a battle of good v evil. It should be very dark, like borderline depressing, because that's what WW1 was. Battlefield hasn't had great campaigns in recent memory either.
    I'm a bit down on B1's multiplayer, because they included USA ahead of France. A quite absurd move in a WW1 game.
    This also has me a bit worried that they are going for spectacle over authenticity. That may be unfounded but it's how I feel.

Ok, rant over.
    Wait and see is probably your best bet.

• I haven't made up my mind about Titanfall yet but I'm definitely getting Battlefield 1.. I'm a real sucker for historical games and I've been looking forward to a WW1 game for a long time now (even though they've decided to overlook some of the historical accuracy). I'm looking forward to hearing more about the SP campaign.. hopefully it'll be better than 4

• @Faaip I am with you on this... I am probably going to end up buying BF1 instead of TF2 just because of the game setting. I am excited to see what kind of single player campaign they are going to deliver..

• This is a very biased answer, but I'd go Titanfall before Battlefield purely because I've never cared for how Battlefield games felt and Titanfall 1 felt so very, very good. I intend to get both (hyped on For Honor as well!), but I think I'm mostly interested in Battlefield 1 for the single player.

Plus, robots. Robots from the sky. Robots that pick you up and put you in them. Robots.

• Ever since I saw the gameplay of Battlefield 1, I am becoming more and more sceptical of the game. I never really liked the gameplay of BF3 and BF4 multiplayer. It just always felt a little too unrealistic and chaotic for my taste. The whole game looks like the same thing all over again but with older tanks and zeppelins.

On the other hand, I spent quite a lot of time playing and enjoying Titanfall in the months following the launch because of the unique parkour and calling in the Titans.

EA Access has really helped me with this. I plan to try out both as part of the EA Access trials on Xbox (I believe they are also available on the PC). You usually get 10 hours of gameplay (that was the case for Battlefront), which can help you decide whether to shell out the full price for the whole game. In the case of Battlefront, I vowed to not buy the full game until they release a map where you attack the Death Star. This is will probably be the case with BF1 and Titanfall where I will try it out and then figure out.

So my recommendation is to not preorder yet, wait for the release and try it out with EA Access (if that is an option for you). Otherwise, I bet the EZA reviews will tell us exactly whether this is right for us or not ;)

• Bad Company 2 Multiplayer was my last favorite Battelfield shooter. I'd rather get another game similar to that series of tight maps and constant action. Titanfall 2 will be more fun and more representative of the style of combat I'm after.

• Both, nuff' said.