PSVR Hype???

• @Kaminski
    Just curious Kaminski, have you gotten to try any of the VR headsets?

• @matt
    Yeah from the reviews I saw I didnt see them mention more gamey games like Rigs or EVE, just the tank game. It does seem like right now the majority of the software lean towards more "experiences' then games, or putting the player in a room and letting them muck around like job sim or that VR Bar Room (which kinda seemed interesting to me). I'm still interested, I'd love it if I had some rich friend that had it so I can really give it a go before deciding to put down the money.
    I want VR to succeed, I think its a really cool new way to play games and experience things, but like so many others, it just seems like the tech is a little behind. In time this will be less of an issue, but I dont think anyone knows for sure if it'll be around long enough to see it reach its true potential, more so if these platforms don't succeed in turning a profit, time will tell.

• @TheMarcV Yeah, the demo disc seems to have a lot of the headlining games, I'm surprised no one's commenting on each one. I suppose there may be an embargo.

What I've learned so far is to keep my expectations in check for games like Arkham VR. I'm still going to get it because I've loved Batman growing up and I just can't pass up suiting up. One surprise game that stands out to me is Thumper VR. That seems to be getting some good reviews and it's only $20. It sounds like I could be picking that up.

I'm glad the demo disc has so many games to try. It may be my second favorite launch demo disc next to the Dreamcast.

alt text

• @matt
    Oh man did the dreamcast blow my young little mind when it came out. That system really sold itself to me, once I saw the section of Sonic Adventure where your running towards the camera and the killer whale is chasing you, so amazing. Also, ready 2 rumble and power stone, game I miss the dreamcast.

• here's a much more technical and in depth review of the PSVR, for those interested http://www.roadtovr.com/playstation-vr-review-psvr-console-vr-has-arrived/?platform=hootsuite

• @sblomkamp Thanks! That was a good read. Hey, I know you mentioned working on a VR game in the past. Are you developing anything for PSVR?

@TheMarcV Yep, I was sold when I saw the screengrab of sonic and the whale in a Gamepro preview. And Power Stone is one of my all time favorite games. Top 3 for sure. I just wish they would make another one.

• I'm intrigued by PSVR. I wouldn't say I'm overly excited or hyped, but it definitely interests me. I haven't tried any VR yet but have wanted to for a long time now. There just isn't a viable place nearby to do so since I live in a small town in Arkansas. Right now, there aren't any games that jump out at me that are a "must own" either. If there were games getting VR implementation that are big enough titles, such as things that are already out like Fallout 4, Battlefront, and Overwatch, to upcoming games like Skyrim HD, CoD IW / MW Remaster, Battlefield 1, etc. then I would be a lot more willing to jump in. I think I'll just sit back and observe for now. Hopefully the Gamestop near me will get a demo station sometime soon so I can test it out personally. I can't wait to see the consumer reaction to some titles though like Batman VR, Battlefront X-Wing VR, DriveClub VR, and RIGS.

• Just tried PSVR it has slight issues but all in all a good product. Hopefully these issues can get solved.

• @ib0show I agree. When I first tried it, I was underwhelmed. The fidelity was less than what I had hoped. But after I got into Battlezone for a few minutes and got engaged, it really was just an extension of a normal gaming experience and it felt natural.

So do you think you're going to keep your preorder?

• @matt Most likely, I can see that this thing has potential and want to see how it works with the Pro.

• @TheMarcV I tried the occulus a while back... I just don't see much value in the idea of VR. The motion control aspect? Yeah, that has a direct effect on my interactions. The headset bit? No thanks. It's mostly a cosmetic thing like 3D tvs. The initial effect wears off fast.

• So looks like we're gonna try to have the baby today....no PSVR launch day for me!

I may try to order it if it's available online somewhere.

• @matt CONGRATS!!!!!!!

• @naltmank Thanks!!

• Just bought PSVR and it's great. Played DriveClub and a demo so far. Also did anyone remove the plastic film that's over the lens on the PSVR unit.

• Global Moderator

Get my PSVR tomorrow... I just can't wait! :D

• Hope everyone's enjoying their launch day! Looks like the demand has been low enough, I managed to get a launch bundle on Amazon. Should receive it this saturday. Excited that we should be settled in at home by then and I'm off for the next two weeks on daddy duty.

Sounds like the people that were interested in it are happy with their purchases. Can't wait to play Job Simulator and Driveclub and suit up as Batman. Oh and Rez sounds great too. I've had it for Dreamcast but never played it through its entirety. Hope they get some killer apps soon. It'd be cool if someone could pull off something along the lines of Wii Sports Boxing

• Global Moderator

Mine actually arrived today after all :O Turns out that my gf gets motion sick from it though.. will give it another try with her later, but thats kinda a bummer

• @Lotias What was the game that made her sick

• Global Moderator

@ib0show she played Drive Club and after like 15 min she said she felt sick. Then spent the evening on the sofa :(