What are you reading right now?

• I am rereading all the Dresden Files books.
    Currently on book 9.
    alt text

• PDF volumes of Only Sense Online. Its generic "protagonist in MMO world" trash but I really like the emphasis of a main character as a support/crafter role in contrast to the many others pigeonholing them to the role of hero.

• Right now I'm reading The Sword of Destiny by Andrzej Sapkowski (second book in the Witcher series). Really enjoying it, I love the world of the Witcher so reading these is giving me a deeper appreciation for those games.

I also read a bunch of different comics and manga, some of my favorites right now are...
    Manga: Space Brothers, Boku no Hero Acadamia & Shokugeki no Soma,
    Comics: Ms Marvel, Saga, Grayson and even though it finished a few weeks back I really liked Batman and Robin Eternal as well.

I read a heap more but those were the ones that popped into my head right now.

• I am currently reading Berserk. It will never end and I will die feeling unfulfilled.

• In the middle of rereading Catch-22. That and Weaveworld by Clive Barker are probably my most reread books (not counting LotR of course.)

• All comics
    100 bullets: noir crime epic. 50 issues and it has yet to truly wow me
    Valiant universe: Valiant in a indie publisher like image (think small dc/marvel) that publishes quality comics in all genres. Right now i'm going through X-O Manowar, Unity and Imperium
    Fantastic Four and Shield by Jonathan Hickman: going through every thing he wrote in marvel which all leads up to Secret Wars the latest great marvel event.
    Animal Man/Swamp Thing new 52: Both titles are great and lead to a big crossover with each other. Clearly no Alan Moore but any Swamp Thing is better than most comics

• @pinecone
    All great comic choices. Swamp Thing and Animal Man were the last 2 new 52 comics I kept up with. Great crossovers.
    Valiant is making a great comeback and has some great comics for people who might want an alternative to Marvel and DC.

• @Inustar What would you say are some of your all time favorites. I've read over 650 trades of all sizes and i'm always looking for the next great thing.
    Off the cuff though here's some of my best of all time: Locke & Key (#1), Planet Hulk, Shazam new 52, Bone, Translucid, Scott Snyder's Batman run (can't wait for All Star Batman), Young Avengers (Heinberg), Harbinger, Afterlife With Archie

• Last book I finished was With the Old Breed by Eugene Sledge.. the HBO series The Pacific was partly based on this book and I can't recommend it enough if you like WWII history or just like a great war/adventure-type book.

I've been reading some of my backlog of Cinefex magazines lately but I have Flow My Tears the Policeman Said (Philip K. Dick) and Grunt (Mary Roach) on standby

• Just now am getting around to reading The Road, and then I'm going to start the Dark Tower series.

I'm also getting back to some comics, still need to read most of the DC Rebirth stuff that's come out, and I want to keep up with the new Civil War on the Marvel end of things.

• Global Moderator

This it might be in comic book form but its good!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B36R3swD5wi_ZTBNUzh0N0NlVUk/view?usp=drivesdk

• @Jamicov The Dark Tower is amazing. Some people did not like The Gunslinger and felt it becomes better from The Drawing of The Three onwards. I personally liked the first one as well a lot so I'm very happy to see more people giving it a go. Have fun with it!

• The whole Fate of the Jedi storyline. No longer Star Wars canon but oh wellll.

• As for actual books filled with WORDS, I am reading the Haruhi Suzumiya series. Reading is at the very bottom of my to-do list, so it takes me a long while to finish a books, even though they are light novels. If you liked the anime, you'll enjoy the books.

• @pinecone the new Sabrina comic was pretty great,
    Also have you tried Top 10 by Alan Moore? Its easily my fave comic. I'd also recommend most of his ABC line of comics like Tom Strong. To be honest i just enjoy any of his earlier stuff.
    The Vision is a great weird comic from Marvel recently. In fact they've had some great fun comics recently, like Squirrel Girl, Hawkeye, and Ms Marvel. My fave though has been Silver Surfer. It's a great almost Doctor Who, road trip comic in space, by Mike Allred and Dan Slott.
    Rat Queens is an interesting comic about a group of fowl mother female adventurers in a D&D type world.
    And if you haven't tried it, read Astro City. It's a perfect comic imo. Lots of interesting characers, and stories that really show sides of Superheroes we don't always see.
    Usage Yojimbo is also a classic you should try too, especially if you ever liked the Turtles.

For Valiant try Archer and Armstrong as well as XO Manowar. Their new event looks pretty cool too.

• @Swordfish00830 said in What are you reading right now?:

This it might be in comic book form but its good!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B36R3swD5wi_ZTBNUzh0N0NlVUk/view?usp=drivesdk

I just got that!! I'm so excited to read it after I'm done with Superman/Wonder woman which I'm enjoying so much.

• Rereading through Berserk because I enjoy avoiding my huge manga backlog. Not exactly a book, but a masterpiece nonetheless

• @parasitepaladin At least hes finally off the 8 year boat trip. And as soon as Guts gets off the HunterxHunter crew boards a ship. This is what it feels like to suffer

• I just started the latest Witcher novel to be translated to English - Tower of Swallows. Now catching a lot more of the more obscure references in the game.

• Joke Robaard: Folders, Suits, Pockets, Files, Stocks
    alt text

Pierre Reverdy
    Born the...Dead the...
    There are no events
    There are no dates
    There is Nothing
    How marvelous

• Author's Note, circa 1924.