What are you reading right now?

• @Tommynaut21 True, at least he is off the boat. FINALLY. Sorry, bro. Boats will haunt your dreams.

• @parasitepaladin
    Oh god, I caught your post and the words "boat off" and immediately knew what you were talking about. Berserk is suffering, allies.

• I actually just finished the Wheel of Osheim and loved it. I look forward to whatever he puts out next, which I believe is a series in a new world about a priestess?

Right now I am reading the Grim Company by Luke Scull, which isn't that exciting, but I have heard great things about the sequels.

• I was on the first book of the Wheel of Time series, until my kindle was stolen :,(

• Decided to finally cave and start reading A Song of Ice and Fire series not too long ago. I've never seen the show GoT so I had zero idea of what was to come from the books. I'm about 200 or so pages into the third book now and I'm HOOKED. My friends have only told me that something called "The Red Wedding" is coming up soon in the third book and I don't know what's going to happen but all of my friends want me to text them right away to hear my reaction/watch me live read it when the time comes. Judging from what has happened so far with this series I'm guessing whatever is going to happen is either going to make me cry or go on a rampage lol

Once I finish this book is when I think I'll start to watch the TV show.

• The thing around your neck - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
    For school

• @butterxcup said in What are you reading right now?:

Decided to finally cave and start reading A Song of Ice and Fire series not too long ago. I've never seen the show GoT so I had zero idea of what was to come from the books. I'm about 200 or so pages into the third book now and I'm HOOKED. My friends have only told me that something called "The Red Wedding" is coming up soon in the third book and I don't know what's going to happen but all of my friends want me to text them right away to hear my reaction/watch me live read it when the time comes. Judging from what has happened so far with this series I'm guessing whatever is going to happen is either going to make me cry or go on a rampage lol

Once I finish this book is when I think I'll start to watch the TV show.

You'll have to come and tell us here as well xD Granted I've never read the books and only watched the series) but I know what's coming ;)

• The Quality of Silence by Rosamund Lupton, love me a good thriller. But I'll read anything expect romance. Currently listening to Silence of the Lambs on audio book, does that count?

• HP Lovecraft, of which I have finished, "Dagon, At the Mountains of Madness, The Nameless City, The Dunwich Horror, The horror at Red Hook" Starting on 'The Whisperer in Darkness'. Great stuff so far.
    Rereading Asoiaf, Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons.

Manga stuff.
    Dear Boy - the wait for chapters
    Tokyo Ghoul - the wait for book volume releases.
    One Punch Man - wait for chapter and book volume releases.
    Berserk - slowly buying each volume, at the freaking boat, but nice to know there's light ahead.
    Vagabond - buying a volume once in a while.

Wants to reread Akira sometime soon again.

• Currently reading Inferno by Dan Brown. Love the Robert Langdon series and I'm trying to read the book in time for the new movie.

• @RiceEater22 I couldn't get into the da Vinci code, and the film was.... well it didn't help. Should I try again?

• @MrsMachineandSoul The film is love it or hate it kind of thing, so you don't really have to give that one another try. But for me, I just like the books because of Robert Langdon. I think his character is really interesting with the way he looks at the situations he's placed in. Also, the mystery in the da vinci code really drew me in. I myself am religious, so the mystery in the book was very intriguing to me. High stakes, if you will. I wasn't one of those people that shunned the book when it came out saying it was blasphemous. I enjoyed it a lot. So emotionally invested. And the other stories (angels and demons, the lost symbol, inferno) are also really good mystery novels dealing with their own conspiracies and such. You don't have to even read da vinci code to get into the other stories either, because they are their own separate stories. They do reference each other, but not to the point where you need to know characters or plots from the other books. The chronological order is Angels and Demons, Da Vinci Code, The Lost Symbol, Inferno. So if you want to just read other ones and skip the da vinci code, by all means go for it.

• @RiceEater22 thanks, I'll give the series another go.

• Currently reading: The Wheel of Time by Carlos Castaneda
    Last full read: Different Every Time: an authorized biography of Robert Wyatt by Marcus O'Dair ^ ^

• I'll be finishing up The Wheel of Osheim today and moving on to Sharp Ends by Joe Abercrombie. I can't wait for more First Law goodness. :grin:

• Right now I'm switching between Armada by Ernest Cline and Tomorrow is Tomorrow. Armada is okay, but Ready Player One is better. Tomorrow is tomorrow is kind of cyber punk set after Pittsburgh is destroyed in a terrorist attack. It's pretty depressing and not an easy recommendation unless you're from the city (there are some specific references Pittsburghers would get)

• @Pituitor I'm reading Lovecraft too atm, got a small paperback collection called Dreams in the Witch House. I'm about a 1/4 of the way through really liking it!

• @Burgundy I'm reading a Lovecraft collection atm aswell, the nameless city has been one of my fave!

• I am currently reading Altered Carbon by Richard K. Morgan. It was recently co-opted as a Netflix series.

500 years from now, humanity now has the capability to digitally download the soul and transfer their consciousness from body to body. It is like a neo-noir thriller with body hopping.

• I really recommend this website if you do digital e-reading

link text

You pick the ebook services you use and your favorite genres. It sends you daily deals on those genres with your service. I have bought 5 books in the past week for around 8 bucks.