Gamecube Virtual Console?

• I absolutely love the Nintendo GameCube. Many of my favorite titles are on that platform, but alas, my controllers are barely holding on and my memory cards have a bad habit of corrupting my data. My brother is currently hoarding my copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, so I considered buying a new copy. Problem is, the cheapest used copy I saw was around $85.

This gets me thinking of how GameCube games occupy the only really absent space in the Virtual Console. Nintendo supports older generations up to N64, and Wii/Wii U titles are also available for download. Even the handheld systems are represented. So my question is, do you think GameCube games will be supported on Virtual Console in the future? Has Nintendo mentioned anything about this before? Does the NX hold the keys to my hopes and dreams?

• It's possible that the NX will have gamecube virtual console games, although that will depend on if the shoulder buttons are analog or digital

• Maybe we'll get this after they remake the Paper Mario and Metroid Prime games. :/

• This post is deleted!

• @DMCMaster Ah, that's true. If not, then hopefully there will be a different controller available for purchase. The Wii's Classic Controller had analog triggers, I believe. I need to curb my NX expectations, but it's difficult...

• @Haru17 You mean a remake or a sequel, (because there's the Prime Trilogy)? Either way, I pray that Federation Force and Color Splash aren't all that we see from those franchises for the foreseeable future.

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but Virtual Console is essentially an emulator, right?

If that is the case then I'd definitively expect the NX to be able to handle GC emulation, considering that there are already really good emulators for GC available for PC, that don't require a lot of horse power to run (but maybe a little more than what the Wii U offers).

• @bard91 Hell, there's already a Wii U emulator. Still in the early stages, but damn.

• @Art :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: It looks much better than what I would have imagined, that actually gives me some hope about the NX being backwards compatible.

It is sad to see that this is coming along so well, and to this day there's not a functioning XBOX emulator

• @bard91 Yay, at least I can be cautiously optimistic! And there isn't one for Xbox? That is shocking, since I figure that's the console closest to an actual PC.

• @Billy There are like three that are barely able to run Halo, and unless I'm mistaken they only work on 32 bit systems, and they are pretty much abandoned at this point

• @bard91 Most of my good Xbox games are available on other platforms, been re-released, or are on Steam, at least. Were there any good console exclusives for that platform that are unavailable elsewhere?

• maybe then i can finally play path of radiance

• @HylianMigz I really hope so! It's a shame the series wasn't more popular back then. Ike is one of the most popular Smash characters, but hardly anyone has access to that game. It's just too expensive if you don't already own it. I do like the 3ds ones, and I applaud their accessibility that made the series popular in the west. But PoR and Radiant Dawn are the series' best, in my humble opinion.

• @Billy
    so says a friend of mine! ive only been able to emulate it briefly and it ran like garbage. id much rather play a legimate version and experience it for myself!

• @Billy
    The Wii U gamepad and classic controller are digital, as in either the button is pressed down, or its not. While the gamcube was analog or pressure sensitiveas another way to put it. Some games like Super Mario Sunshine for example would need to have its controls reworked to function with digital shoulder buttons

• @DMCMaster OG Wii Classic controllers had analog shoulders, but they switched to digital when they made the Classic Pro. Yeah, I remember with Sunshine... If you lightly held them, you could run while you shot water.

• @Billy
    Never got my hands on a Classic Pro, so I never knew.
    Also you said "The Wii's Classic Controller" making me thing you were talking about the two classic controller models for the original Wii

Anyway stumbled on a rumor that a NX direct will happen on Oct 21, again a rumor so take it with a grain of salt.

• @DMCMaster Could it be??? I guess they have to announce the thing eventually. I really hope they do, but regardless, the lack of concrete information has generated one heck of a hype-train

• True, admittedly I'd be happy with a direct on that day. Would give me something to be happy about on my birthday.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.