Dream Game Cross Over (Shenmue cross Yakuza)

• Greetings Allies,

A while back, before they announced they were going to make a Shenmue 3, I thought that it would be really cool if Ryo made a cameo or flat out was in the Yakuza game series. Obviously Ryo would be older since these games are present day. Like instead of in fighting with other Yakuza they are trying to stop this Ryo guy who also has the powers of both mirrors or just the phoenix mirror or whatever they wanted to do. There's a lot of Shenmue in the Yakuza games and I always thought it would be insanly cool if Ryo was in one of them.

Don't think that'll happen now but I thought it would be cool to hear what Cross Overs you guys would want to see, like maybe a tomb radier cross with uncharted, Nate meets Laura would be really cool, both fighting to get some ancient artifact before the other. So what says you, what are your dreams?

• Banned

In Uncharted 4 I always thought that old lady that lived in the mansion that you run into as kid Drake with your brother was Lara.

I mean, the whole time walking through there with all those artifacts laying around I was thinking to myself "This is definitely Croft Manor"

• @Art
    That would have been so awesome, now as far as im concerned that's cannon haha. Thanks

• @Art
    Might want to recheck the credits as I'm pretty sure her name is listed as Lara

• I've always felt Yakuza was a nice spiritual successor to Shenmue in that they both provided gripping narratives and deep immersion into Japanese culture. It would be awesome if they did put them into the same game.

I feel like I had more of these kinds of dreams when I was younger and the franchise battlelines were much more apparent.

Sonic and Mario have been in multiple games together, but it would be cool if Sonic and Mario teamed up in a platformer or 3D platformer....ideally handled by Nintendo's camp rather than whoever's developing Sonic these days.

Heck, the term Metroidvania has used to death. As ridiculous as it sounds, let's dive deep into 80s and 90s absurdity and find a way to tie those two franchises together.

• A DMCxBayonetta game by Platnium would be amazing to see.
    Also a Smash Warriors game would be intersting to see.

• My dream cross over games already exist, but not in their perfect forms.

With the upcoming Dissidia Final Fantasy arcade fighing game, the PSP Dissidia Final Fantasy games and the already excisting obscure late 90's PSX game "Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring", there already exist Final Fantasy Fighting games, but that is not (good/different) enough for me!

I also really love the Tekken fighting series, so I would love it if Bandai Namco would make a Final Fantasy Style Tekken fighting game, where the combo's could be limit breaks etc.

My second dream cross over game is a full-fledged 3D sequel to the DS game, Pokemon Conquest. Pokemon Conquest is a combination of Pokemon and Nobunaga’s Ambition, a turn-based grand strategy role-playing simulation series that takes place in a fantasy land of samurai loosely based on Japanese history. So yes, this means that the game essentially features samurai having tactical strategy Pokemon battles, and you could develop your own Pokémon towns/cities and eventually conquer all the different Pokemon regions. What can be cooler than that?

• @BlazingBahamut
    Man, I loved Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring, but mostly cuz they had the FF 7 tie in. A tekken game based off FF characters would be sweet.
    A different Cross Over Id dig and always wanted was basically another D&D side scrolling beat'em up like capcom did, or Dragon's Crown but this time set in the Pathfinder setting. Pathfinder has an iconic character for each of its classes, I would love to have a game where you get to pick one of those characters and then play through the different modules they have made over the years starting with Rise of the Runelords. Just a nerdy pipe dream Id love to see someday.

• @TheMarcV said in Dream Game Cross Over (Shenmue cross Yakuza):

@BlazingBahamut
    Man, I loved Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring, but mostly cuz they had the FF 7 tie in. A tekken game based off FF characters would be sweet.
    A different Cross Over Id dig and always wanted was basically another D&D side scrolling beat'em up like capcom did, or Dragon's Crown but this time set in the Pathfinder setting. Pathfinder has an iconic character for each of its classes, I would love to have a game where you get to pick one of those characters and then play through the different modules they have made over the years starting with Rise of the Runelords. Just a nerdy pipe dream Id love to see someday.

@TheMarcV, Damn, you have some good taste in both video AND board games, because I also love Pathfinder (and already played Rise of the Runelords :)), and I love your idea!

Maybe if we mix in some Darkest Dungeon elements as well, (but that would maybe be a better idea for a random 2D Pathfinder game and character generator game) we could be on to something here !!

• @BlazingBahamut
    Thanks Blazing, I honestly didn't think anyone would know what I was talking about in regards to Pathfinder and Rise of the Runelords, I've been running our RotR game for like, sadly 2-3 years, we just got done with book three. We have a bunch of different campaigns were working through, anyways tho a Darkest Dunegon/Pathfinder cross over would also be awesome. I'm loving having DD on PS4 and it would be awesome to see Ezren go mad haha.

• I want a MS / EA crossover arena shooter and a Remedy heroes single player adventure.

• IDK if this counts since one already liberally borrowed from the other, but Pokemon crossed over with Ni No Kuni. Essentially the art/scale/combat of Ni No Kuni but with the added complexity of what's already in Pokemon (i.e. the number of monsters, attacks, etc.). I just want a full 3D pokemon, guys, and I feel like Ni No Kuni was the closest we got.

Plus both games are so good.

• I'd be down to play a Final Fantasy Musou( Dynasty Warriors ).

I also dream of Guilty Gear X Blazblue and Mortal Kombat X Street Fighter

• @DizBomber803
    I have a odd feeling that a FF Mousu game will happen soon, depending on how well the console version of Dissida sells (which was made by Team Ninja)

• Manhunt X Animal Crossing.

• New Streets of Rage using the Urban Reign combat system.
    Game of the year, all years.

• @naltmank
    Totally counts, I actually thought of this too. If they did make a 3d pokemon game tho, would you want turn based battles or battles like they are in Kuni?

• @DMCMaster said in Dream Game Cross Over (Shenmue cross Yakuza):

I have a odd feeling that a FF Mousu game will happen soon, depending on how well the console version of Dissida sells (which was made by Team Ninja)

Would buy day one.

• @Fridge-man
    Could you expand on this, would I be a mad killing machine doing errands around town for my neighbors and slowly paying off my house or would I be a cute animal killing the other neighboring animals?

• @El-Shmiablo said in Dream Game Cross Over (Shenmue cross Yakuza):

New Streets of Rage using the Urban Reign combat system.
    Game of the year, all years.

I loved Urban Reign, the fighting system was so fun to play and there were so many cool characters. Kinda wish this game would get released for PS4, Id buy again.