Selective Creation: Build the Top 25 Nintendo DS List!

• Here it is, rearing its ugly head: Selective Creation! I believe it's high time we left the lengthy lists behind and get back to some consoles! I believe it's Nintendo's turn and I don't think we've delved into the handheld market, so let's get to it! If you forgot how to play, here is a quick refresher:

Here's the breakdown: You've been given the power to green-light 25 games, but here's the catch: these 25 games will be the ONLY games that the system will ever have. What should be the games that make the cut? By giving 25 select titles, you are essentially playing an inverse of Kill Your Babies.

You can only give one title per game, then you can give one for every three people that have added after you OR 24 hours have passed since the last addition, so think really hard about which game should be on the list. It could be your favorite game, or if your favorite is already present, then you can add another you hold dear. If you hate DS games, then get to trolling if that makes you happy (Personal side note, why hate? Brand loyalty is one thing but don't hate on the other because everyone has fantastic titles. They're all video games after all).

Also, to keep things a bit diverse, I'm instituting a TWO per franchise cap, so if two games of a particular franchise are on the list, a third CAN NOT be added.

Once you have given a game, please keep a running list going for the benefit of the next person that would like to play. Because I'm pitching the game, I will refrain from adding a game because it would be unfair for me to skew the list in my favor.

And so Allies, what are the 25 games the Nintendo DS MUST have?

Have fun!

• The World Ends With You (Subarashiki Kono Sekai)
    One of the DS's best RPG's, with fun combat and great soundtrack. Story is not the greatest, but it's more than passable.

• The World Ends With You
    Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors

An absolute stunning adventure game for the system. It really did blow me away, I couldn't stop playing it until I had every ending and answer.

• The World Ends With You
    Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
    New Super Mario Bros. — The only good one.

Remakes like Chrono Trigger and Super Mario 64 are banned, right? They would make this list kind of stupid...

1. The World Ends With You
    2. Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
    3. New Super Mario Bros.
    4. Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver

The best Pokemon in the series in my opinion, incredible games!

• @Haru17 Yes, Haru, thank you for pointing that out: This should be a list comprised of games initially released for the DS. No remakes, re-releases, no ports. Original games only. Appreciate it!

1. The World Ends With Yourself.
    3. New Super Mario Bros.
    5. Mario Kart Ds

3. New Super Mario Bros.
    5. Mario Kart DS
    6. Advance Wars: Dual Strike

Easily the series' best, with a lengthy and amazing campaign, tons of bonus maps and skirmishes, many distinctive commanders, versatile units, wonderful soundtrack, and great multiplayer options. Perfect portable strategy game.

• @Brannox said in Selective Creation: Build the Top 25 Nintendo DS List!:

@Haru17 Yes, Haru, thank you for pointing that out: This should be a list comprised of games initially released for the DS. No remakes, re-releases, no ports. Original games only. Appreciate it!

Wouldn't Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver fall under that too? I understand re-releases and ports, but remakes? Like the Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy remakes are pretty different games than their NES/SNES originals.

3. New Super Mario Bros.
    5. Mario Kart DS
    7. Radiant Historia

Admittedly a mark of shame of mine as I so far have not beaten it, but from what I played it's a fantastic JRPG.

3. New Super Mario Bros.
    5. Mario Kart DS
    7. Radiant Historia
    8. Professor Layton and the Last Specter

I really enjoy these, so I would like to have at least one of them in there, this is the one I remember liking the most

• @Musou-Tensei Hmmm.... You have a point. While I would agree that Heart Gold/Soul Silver are different enough games to stand apart from their source material, they still are a redo of sorts of older games. Tricky, because they are quality titles in their own right. When creating the thread, I had in mind games like Super Mario 64 and Final Fantasy IV for not being eligible: Games where they were fundamentally the same with a different coat of polish and a couple of new bells and whistles.

@Alex840 Please pick another title. It is my fault for not being clear and having an original rule making it known that those kinds of games slightly defeat the purpose of creating a unique list (I mean the previous three Kill Your Babies games kept having repeat entries!). The only fair recompense I can offer is to give an additional selection. SO: Please replace HG/SS with a game and then provide another if you so choose. Once again, I'm sorry that I was not clear and that isn't fair to yourself or everyone else playing.

• 1.The World Ends With You
    2.Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
    3.New Super Mario Bros.
    4.Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
    5.Mario Kart DS
    6.Advance Wars: Dual Strike
    7.Radiant Historia
    8.Professor Layton and the Last Specter

1. Animal Crossing: Wild World

Can't have a Nintendo List without Animal Crossing.

• Is "Mario" all considered one franchise? If so, I wish I had picked another game...

• @Haru17 I'm going to say yes, because there is surprisingly fewer Mario games for DS than I originally thought, BUT there have been three submissions, so you can add another game if you want. Something that the recent Kill Your Babies taught me is that everyone seems more active when there are fewer players between eligibility AND when lists are about to be completed. With this list being capped at 25, I'm sure you'll add another great game, so don't sweat it.

3. New Super Mario Bros.
    5. Mario Kart DS
    7. Radiant Historia
    9. Animal Crossing: Wild World
    10. Ghost Trick

One of the best games ever in my opinion and at the very least one of the best on the DS.

• 1.The World Ends With You
    2.Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
    3.New Super Mario Bros.
    4.Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
    5.Mario Kart DS
    6.Advance Wars: Dual Strike
    7.Radiant Historia
    8.Professor Layton and the Last Specter
    9.Animal Crossing: Wild World
    10.Ghost Trick

1. Ace Attourney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth

I love AA series but AAI was a great spin-off that can stand with it's own legs.
    Mechanics were surprisingly different from AA and being more investigative style suit me well.
    Shout out to Kay Faraday's theme -the Great Truth Burglar. It's jolly.
    The great truth burglar

3. New Super Mario Bros.
    5. Mario Kart DS
    7. Radiant Historia
    10. Ghost Trick
    11. Ace Attourney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
    12. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Never played it. Mean too, though. What I know that it has going for it is positive buzz, a female protagonist that exists, and one of the best damn covers of all time. Even the western filth version is great!

3. New Super Mario Bros.
    5. Mario Kart DS
    7. Radiant Historia
    10. Ghost Trick
    12. Castlevania: Order if Ecclesia
    13. Trace Memory

Great adventure with puzzles that use all the DS's capabilities, even the sleep mode. It's called Another Code in europe.

3. New Super Mario Bros.
    5. Mario Kart DS
    7. Radiant Historia
    10. Ghost Trick
    12. Castlevania: Order if Ecclesia
    13. Trace Memory
    14. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinals of the Starry Sky

Classic Dragon Quest charm, but with far more customization, an addictive class system, and endless dungeons to try to loot nostalgic legacy bosses for the armor from those great Dragon Quest game of yore.

3. New Super Mario Bros.
    5. Mario Kart DS
    7. Radiant Historia
    10. Ghost Trick
    11. Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
    12. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
    13. Trace Memory
    14. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Sky
    15. Rune Factory

My original choice for adding to this list was Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, but because of the superior remake on the 3DS, it belongs in the top 25 Nintendo 3DS list.

Luckily, my second choice is also a pretty awesome game for this list, Rune Factory! This is the first game which would spawn a whole series built around the idea of mixing classic Harvest Moon games with action-RPG mechanics, I just love it, make more Rune Factories!!

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.